This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    or if creation is going to continallly try to block gatecon, maybe they can focus on atlantis....and any stargate actors that happen to show up, hey, more the merrier

they can come and talk about their guest starring role on Atlantis
    Hasn't MGM granted Creation the exclusive con rights to Atlantis as well? I see the "Official" title slapped on Atlantis on their website. Seems like there might be the same conflict with them.

I'm all for inviting the Atlantis folks - David Hewlett and Joe Flannigan would be top of my list.

Not that I'm going to get to go - just thinking of you guys.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

It would be a tremendous shame if Gatecon wasn't allowed access to the Atlantis cast. I would have a few bones to pick into. In fact, I'm going to check with Allan about that one and get back to you guys.

Comment

yes, it would be.

I prefer gatecon because i like to support the charity of Make a Wish.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just got an email from the Gatecon C4.

As of right now the possibility of having Stargate Atlantis cast and crew at Gatecon 2005 is still entirely up in the air. Frankly I was hoping the response would be "What are you talking about, David? Of COURSE they'll be coming." But if this steers in the wrong direction, Gatecon won't be allowed to have them. MGM could give exclusivity to Creation.

Pray.

Comment

That's just sick and wrong. Friggen Cretin Cons. I hate them. Hate, hate, hate. *tries to hate away Creation a la Nothing*

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
              Of course there are a number of scifi actors who have ties to Stargate now.
              What about the actress that played Reese? She was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                If you'd care to donate the money for something that extravagant... and find a place to set up the tent, I'd be happy to go.

I liked Boston Pizza, but I don't know how they'd handle a large party. I've only ever seen the front part and that would leave us in lots of booths, which probably isn't ideal. I think they have tables in the back, though...

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it in the past five minutes: David Hewlett. He's done loads of scifi stuff, not just Stargate.
                Boston Pizza had pretty good food too and the price was good.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                  I'm all for inviting the Atlantis folks - David Hewlett and Joe Flannigan would be top of my list.
                  Yes, please.

Even though I can't attend, I want them there - so I can read the transcripts of what they have to say. Every single word.

Transcripts are my friend.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    I just got an email from the Gatecon C4.

As of right now the possibility of having Stargate Atlantis cast and crew at Gatecon 2005 is still entirely up in the air. Frankly I was hoping the response would be "What are you talking about, David? Of COURSE they'll be coming." But if this steers in the wrong direction, Gatecon won't be allowed to have them. MGM could give exclusivity to Creation.

Pray.
                    ask allen if letters in support of gatecon would be beneficial please.

or has he also asked Make a Wish to write mgm, asking for thier support for a charity.

You would think that it'd be massively great press to have MGM sponsoring a convention that assists a great charity like Make a Wish. good press like that is hard to come by

The main reason i support gatecon is because of Make a Wish. I'm not going to help the rich get richer, but i will do it for the kids

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
                      Boston Pizza had pretty good food too and the price was good.
                      Oh, I'm all for pizza! lol - question is will their place support a quiet and friendly atmosphere for 40 GateWorld folks?

Comment

probably if you give them notice. a dozen of us just walked in, and we had to wait a bit for them to put tables together, but they accomodated us with no notice.

i feel that if you let them know you're coming, they will accomodate you.

i even have a menu from 2 years ago if you want contact info closer to the actual time

sigpic

Comment

I'll try and call up there tomorrow to see what they could do for us.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            I'll try and call up there tomorrow to see what they could do for us.
                            the number i got is 604-310-9999

or check out www.bostonpizza.com

they have pizzas, sandwiches, stromboli, nachos, salada, soups, pastas and a few entrees

probably enough to satisify any appetite....ooh, and i think they serve alcohol too

sigpic

Comment

Oooh no.. JUST what we need. <smiles, shakes head>

Thanks for the number! I guess they're not a chain.

Comment

Boston Pizza is definitely a chain. Like Boston Chicken only with less chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X