Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went last year, and I had such a blast. It was my first GateCon, not to mention my first Con ever. So, I was officially known as the "Con Virgin". I'm going again this year, so I'm really excited! Counting off the days...

In regards to Creation:

But then again, I haven't been to one, so I can't really say much.

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Originally posted by odinseye
      I have never been to the yearly vancouver gatecon... I am thinking about going this year but want to see what all of you think about it? I am slightly bothered that its Gatecon and thus far there are no MAJOR STARGATE SG1 or ATLANTIS stars booked. Sure... there are lot of talented people going.... but just concerned.

one advantage of going to gatecon over creation (well other than the creation con being this weekend) is that gatecon is a good way to get your feet wet. it's significantly cheaper than creation. From all i've heard, a lot more relaxed and less structured with less of a focus on (come on fans shell out so we can pay our bills)

due to various things, gatecon is more of a multi-genre con with people from various shows represented rather than just atlantis or stargate ones so any attendee would have a good chance to not only get to know stargate actors but also other actors and other shows

I've been to gatecon 4 times and if it wasn't for the timing (they've literally chosen the only week of the year that i can't get off) i would be going this year. I choose not to further line the pockets of the corporations (i'll shell out money for a charity, not for profit) so i'm not doing any cons this year, and probably none for the foreseeable future.

However, i think that gatecon is a good multi purpose con and a way for a person to experience the whole thing without the rather large financial outlay of a corporate event (last i knew gold tickets were costing you 500-600 dollars, that's a HUGE chunk of change, and frankly more than i've ever spent on a gatecon, and that's after i won the set tour in the auction and bought my pictures)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay.. sorry, I'm kind of in a hurry and don't want to read through this entire thread, since it started way back before all the details about the Con were even available.

So, I'm wondering - is there a group of people who are going and who want another member? Or is there anyone here who'd be interested in going with me in order to cut down on the hotel room price? Feel free to email me about it^^

Comment

I'm kind of thinking to go.. but it's not around the corner as i'm from Belgium. would definitely like to go to Canada though for a loooong vacation

----
          Just Say the word, General, we're ready for ye, on five, no two, heck we're ready now!!
          General, just say the word and we're ready, in ten, no five, heck we're ready now!!

Comment

It'll be my first ever Gatecon event and i just read that Amanda will be there on Thursday 28th !

Andy (or Andreas)
            [email protected]

----
            Just Say the word, General, we're ready for ye, on five, no two, heck we're ready now!!
            Last edited by gottfried72; 15 June 2005, 08:46 AM. Reason: too many smilies :)
            General, just say the word and we're ready, in ten, no five, heck we're ready now!!

Comment

y'all are so lucky. amanda's a fantastic guest, very kind and gracious

gatecon keeps getting better and better
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

REALLY??!! i read that none of the main cast were ALLOWED to go... *goes to check this out* oooh!!! awesome!!! a loophole!!! awesome!!

still... can't wait for july!!

Comment

::sigh:: I just really wish CJ could come again...I like the guy.

Plus, him and I had an interesting encounter last year...::embarrassed smile::

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Damn! Wish I could go. I live in U.S and have no money to go. *starts to save for next year*

Comment

The have some great stuff going on don't they? It's just sounding better and better.
                      My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

If anyone's interested, I'm still trying to sell my tickets to Gatecon and Sekh's Party (can't afford the airfair, and really need the money I've spent back...).

I've just heard that the cocktail party is sold out (my ticket will get you into it...), and numbers mean that my ticket will definitely get you into the front seating section (for anyone who doesn't know, this year Gatecon is running a three-section seating system in the hall: you can sit anywhere within your section, so my ticket would get you a chance of tickets in the front rows, whereas if you buy a ticket direct, you'd definitely be down the back).

If anyone is interested, mail me at [email protected]

Wish I could go... if you've got money to spend they are currently selling oportunities to extras in a real action scene: filmed on a cruise ship with explosions and all sorts apparently, and the chance to go on a film set. At the event there's going to be a lucky dip for dinner dates with a whole list of Stargate actors.
                        My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Just heard that the set visit to the film Dungeon Seige is going to be on a scheduled filming day, so there's a good chance you'll get to see the following actors at work:

Matthew Lillard : Duke Fallow (Scooby Doo - Shaggy)
                          Kristanna Loken : Elora (Terminator 3 - TX)
                          Ron Perlman : Norick (Hellboy - Hellboy)
                          Burt Reynolds : King Konreid (The Longest Yard)
                          John Rhys-Davies : Merrick (Raiders of the lost Ark / Sliders)
                          Will Sanderson : Bastian (Dead Zone, Smallville)
                          Leelee Sobieski : Muriella (Never been kissed, Joan of Ark)
                          Jason Statham : Farmer (The Italian Job - Handsome Rob)

My Gatecon ticket doesn't include this visit, but you have to be a ticket holder to bid for a place. If anyone's interested in buying my ticket, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!
                          My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Green
                            If anyone's interested, I'm still trying to sell my tickets to Gatecon and Sekh's Party (can't afford the airfair, and really need the money I've spent back...).

I've just heard that the cocktail party is sold out (my ticket will get you into it...), and numbers mean that my ticket will definitely get you into the front seating section (for anyone who doesn't know, this year Gatecon is running a three-section seating system in the hall: you can sit anywhere within your section, so my ticket would get you a chance of tickets in the front rows, whereas if you buy a ticket direct, you'd definitely be down the back).

I.
                            Sekh party is not sold out yet; there are still tickets available.

Comment

Sekh's Party isn't, but the Cocktail Party IS, and it was the cocktail part I was talking about.

By the way, the ticket is still up to grabs. I have a couple of possible offers, but nothing definite. I'm hoping for full price because:

1) I really need the money back. I could give you the list of reasons why but I'll restrain myself...
                              2) It's worth it. There is so much going on at the con any ticket is worth it. And I think a ticket including cocktail party and front seating is worth as much as one without bought now direct don't you? So I don't see the logic of offering it for less.

However if there really is someone out there who's budget is genuinly so stretched that taking a few dollars off will make as much difference to them as it does to me... I'm taking offers. I'd like to help someone out if they are genuinely in need of a cheap ticket.
                              My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Working...
                              X