Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate is important to me because it's brought so much joy into my life. Besides the hours of entertainment I've gotten from watching the show, I've made a ton of friends online and hung out with many of them in person. I've also gotten to meet several of the actors and listen to them banter, as well as letting them know how much their shows have meant to me. Stargate has inspired me creatively and socially; I'd be a much different person without it.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I grew up watching the show, watching it faithfully, and it actually influenced my career choice. I've spent so much time watching SG-1 that I truly feel like I know the characters personally. They are so well developed, and being a young woman, Carter was always a strong example of the kind of woman I want to be.

Comment

Why is Stargate important to you?

Stargate helps to answer the question how we got here and to define our place in the universe. I want to know what is out there. I want to see, hear, taste and touch it. It is so sad that the US can barely make laps around our plane and the shuttle program is about to end.

I want to see some real space exploration and there's nothing on the distant horizon. The Stargate series offers some hope and a great story about what could be. I love the mystery, learning and exploration. If we could all keep the big picture of our tiny, short lives in the grand scheme of things we'd be a much happier, focused and productive people. If only Stargate could be real!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it's brought me and my brother together. We now have a common interest. Thank you Stargate.

Comment

--all of the above!

Just thought I'd be succinct like O'Neill with Sheppard in SGA's pilot eppie, Rising.

EDIT: See reason for editing...
            Last edited by Strey; 08 February 2011, 04:26 AM. Reason: --and, of course, everything subsequent... :D
            sigpic

Comment

Stargate is important to me because as a budding filmmaker, Stargate is one of the reasons I wanted to get into TV/Film. The amazing stories, the chemistry of the actors, the cool special effects... They all helped me realized how much I wanted to be involved in something like that.

Stargate also got me interested in the scifi/fantasy genre. Since finding Stargate, I have read and seen a lot of other scifi and fantasy. It's a great escape from the realities of the world and it makes you wonder what could be reality one day!

Comment

Stargate for me, it is more that the biggest Sci Fi series of the cinema's history, and it is more than a universe with gad and good guys...

Stargate it's first of all, a gate which I go throught at each of the 343 episodes (and soon 353 with the end of SGU) towards an adventure, always different from the previous ones. It is every time the succession of 7 symbols that take me towards a quite new quest, a myth, a dream...
                What fascinates me it is that due to the imagination of some Tau'ri, this universe managed to anchor perfectly in our past history and what has knew how to evolve through a galaxy, then two and finally in the universe which will always remain a source of mystery. Ultimately, Stargate has the merit to have solid and very interesting base.

I knew Stargate only in 2006. And very recently, I covered the series under a new angle. My admiration for Stargate comes not only from the imagination of the producers, or from the actors' play. For a little more than one year, I realized that behind these episodes, under our sight, live visible elements, which give the charm of this series. Through the creation of costumes, props and sets, it is every minute that a surprise and the new element that is added. To see in every episode a new sets completely or partially realized, new costumes and new objects, gives me almost the desire to live it.

Stargate it is for me a parallel universe to ours, which asks only to be lived, but whose the only bridge is blocked by a screen. And the dream is a thing which makes me live at night.
                Stargate, is's a very long trip strewed with discovery, action and beauty in every episode...
                Props Memorabilia, the first Stargate Props' Museum of Europe!
                On FACEBOOK too.

Why buy props if its only for our eyes, and for that they stay on a wardrobe or take dust?
                May as well give them a second live, to use them on fan-films and exhibit them for our's and fan's pleasure!

THAT'S OUR AIM !

Comment

What Stargate means to me... I'm not sure I can put into words. But I will do my best. Stargate has been there for me whenever I needed it. It's a trusted friend that has helped me, and my family through troubled times. The way the stories play out with the array of characters that they have created, and the blending of humor, action, and drama are nothing short of professionally amazing. Stargate is more then just a show franchise, and it will carry on even without new additions. For me, Stargate is never over, and it will truely be, Unending.

Comment

I began watching SG-1 when I was a kid and now all grown up, i still enjoy it everytimes I see SG1, SGA or SGU on my TV while I turn on the TV

Comment

Why is Stargate important to you?

I started watching Stargate from the beginning, starting with SG-1... then moving to SGA, and now I'm an avid fan of SGU. The Stargate series always filled my mind's need with a dose of incredible SciFi. Stargate also provided me with an escape from everyday life, the last 10 years have been seriously hard for me... and Stargate gave me something to look forward to, I could lose myself in the episodes Stargate has provided over the years, I always felt like I was part of the crew when watching and it would always keep me on the edge of my seat, through the action, the curiosity, and the charm of what Stargate truly is for us fans, I couldn't imagine actually being at the Convention in Vancouver in April, it would honestly be my dream come true. Stargate For Life!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because when I discovered the series SG-1 two years ago; I was going through a rough period in my life. I decided to give this show a shot and after a few episodes I was hooked. The show gave me the aspects in entertainment that I always look for; Humor, an in-depth story that let you believe that there's more than just meets that eye on earth. Stargate also didn't always take itself to seriously which was a great plus, it knows when to add in that bit of witty humor, be it from Jack O'Neil, Teal'c and his Star Wars obsession or Rodney being well... Rodney.

Stargate has become such a part of my life that I've gotten my family onto the bandwagon as well. My fiance loves Atlantis and my 1 year old daughter loves to laugh anytime she sees Rodney Mcay on the screen.

The Stargate franchise has become a part of me now and will forever be one of my favorite series and I will continue to be a fan for long, long into the future.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because its given me somin to talk to my freinds about. I got all my freinds into stargate, yes all of them! They all love it now! Jack, Sam, Danial, and of course T have been a huge part of my life. I dont think i go a day without watchin SG1 or ATL lol. I started watching at mid season of season 8 of SG1, yes i know i havent been watching for long but as soon as i watchd it i fell in love! I now have every season of SG1, ATL, and SGU. My walpaper on my cell phone is the earth symbol! i think i should win because i just love the show.

Comment

Stargate is very important to me! Three years ago I had surgery and my brother-in-law introduced me to Stargate to take up my time. Within 45 minutes, I was in love with it. I have now seen EVERY Stargate episode and movie 3 times and I'm working on my fourth. I don't even watch regular tv anymore. I just throw in a Stargate DVD and watch it. Stargate has also inspired me to pursue a career in aerospace engineering. Stargate is awesome and the characters are awesome! I would love to got o this convention!
                            sigpic

Comment

Why is Stargate important to me?

Hard to imagine where I'd be without it...

Would have never met two of my good friends.
                              Nicknames for coworkers would not include Fumbles McStupid.
                              Wouldn't have written my first fanfiction ^^;;
                              My newest cat's name would not be Rush.
                              Would be working a different job due to my old requirement of having Friday night off.
                              ..and I would have a lot more money and a lot less books and DVDs! ;D

Comment

Stargate is important to me because the exploration of the mind, body, and soul needs to be fulfilled throughout this galaxy and the ones beyond. Exploration and adventure is what makes life worth living. Although Stargate Universe is on the brink of extinction, the journey will always continue with us, for our minds hold powerful imaginations. Let Stargate be an inspiration to us all, helping us to create our own adventures so that the franchise that inspired us all does not die in vain.

I love Stargate. May its legacy and purpose live on for all the years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X