Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I'm confused. The post says head over to the contest thread but people are posting their answers here. Is there a contest thread? Where? Or do I post my answer here?

On the assumption that this is the contest thread: <Snipped contest entry quote>
    This is the right thread so your entry was definitely posted to the right place.

Edited the initial post to prevent further misunderstandings.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Stargate changed my life in more ways than I could possibly even imagine. First time I saw it I was absolutely and totally stunned! I needed more. And my love to Stargate grew to be more and more strong. I've found set of completely new friends and it pushed my life in completely different direction. Better direction. Now when I'm feeling down, Stargate (especially SG-1) is the only right thing to cheer me up. So...that's why Stargate is important to me. It affected my whole life. And it affected my life in a good way. So...I guess...I should be grateful to Stargate for everything. It chanded my life... And I love it!
      Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Comment

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe are very important to me because They gave me something to love. Before Stargate I didn't like a lot of things in my life, but in a weird way the three different series gave me hope that my life would get better. It's hard to explain but my life if better. And it's getting better every day.

Comment

I've always loved science fiction, and the Stargate movie was a huge favorite of mine. I saw it many times. When I heard that Richard Dean Anderson was beginning the Stargate series on Showtime, I mourned that I couldn't afford the premium channel. When it began running in syndication on other channels, I hunted for the show, watching every episode I could find. Stargate to me was the perfect fusion of humor, science fiction, and drama. The show had everything I wanted, heros, laughter, and tears. When Atlantis began I didn't think it would be possible to love a series more than SG-1, but I was wrong - I adored it. Once again, the magic combination of heros, laughter and tears were there. There has never been another science fiction show that consistently delivered all three of those things to me. I will remain a fan forever.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it has become a much loved part of my life. The interesting and well written stories, the excitement and adventure, and the easy-to-love characters and actors have wormed their way into my heart forever. I have found great friends through arguments and discussions about it, and continue to be moved to laughter and tears no matter how many times I watch the episodes. I grew up on Star Trek and Star Wars, but Stargate has been the last new scifi I've watched, purely because nothing can compare with it

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I joined the stargateland community on Livejournal after watching all of Stargate: Atlantis in two weeks in October, and I've met some of the nicest, most wonderful people I've ever known there. It also brought me closer to my sister, who's a fan of the shows too!

Comment

Stargate means many things to me. From the time I started watching it as a young man I would lose myself in the story imagining the posibility of visiting distant planets and meeting alien races. As the technology grew I would imagine what it would be like if all of it was possible. I would sometimes read the theories behind some of the technology such as hyperspace travel and wormholes. I have also greatly enjoyed the many characters on the various series over the years. Although my favorites remain the original SG-1.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Stargate is important for me because it is one of the rare television shows worth watching. With 'real' characters and the story-line taking place in the present day (and in some cases 'here' as well), plus a mythology based on real world cultures and addressing real world issues, the Stargate series (SG-1, SG-A and SG-U) provide continued viewing pleasure. Stargate is the perfect mix of here/there, now/future, and reality/dream. I was first introduced to the series about 10 years ago, and have enjoyed it ever since

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it helped me get through a chronic illness. When I was in high school I got chronic fatigue and couldn't leave the house. I was alone all the time and the only dvds I had were the first few seasons of SG1. I watched them over and over again and let myself get lost in the amazing and beautiful world of Stargate. Stargate fed my imagination and helped me stay positive while I was ill. I love it so much that it actually inspired me to move to Vancouver from Australia. Without Stargate there is a good chance I would still be suffering from chronic fatigue and I wouldn't have made it to one of the most amazing cities in the world. Stargate helped me stave off depression. It may have saved my life. Without it I wouldn't be where I am today.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it gives me hope that good science fiction is still alive for the masses.

Comment

I had never really seen Stargate much before meeting my fiancee. I might have watched an episode here or there, or flipped by it without paying much attention, but I had never really paid it much mind.
                        I met my fiancee in college. He is an Anthropology major and I was working towards a degree in Child and Youth Care. We fell head over heals for one another pretty much instantly. Unfortunately, with our busy school schedules, work schedules, and practicum and volunteer work, it was hard to find quality time together. One evening I popped over to his place and when I arrived he was watching an episode of SG1. I snuggled up beside him on the couch and from then on I was hooked. Stargate became our escape together. It was a time where we could get away from all the burdens of the world around us. Since then, I have finished school and am in a career I love, but it takes a lot of time away from "us." My fiancee is still working towards his degree and between school and work he is rarely home. Despite our hectic lives we still find time for each other... and for our new favourite Stargate (Universe). Stargate is important to me because it brings my future husband and I together. Because no matter how busy we are or how stressed we become... we always make time for each other and for an hour on the couch snuggling and discussing the finer points of Stargate. That being said, I would like to thank all of you who have made Stargate possible. You bring joy and adventure into our lives. You should be so proud of what you have accomplished with 3 amazing series. Cheers!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it is an excellant show with great characters and storylines, i can't wait to see what adventures they have every episode. I have continually rewatched all episodes of sg1, atlantis and sgu and they never get boring. Wouldn't it be great if there was a real stargate out there somewhere

Comment

The Stargate franchise is important to me because it is more than television. Although a wonderful weekly escape everytime a new episode came on, Stargate has given me some of the most funny, memorable, happy and inspiring times of my life to date. Past conventions have given me without a doubt some of the best memories I have. Meeting my favourite cast members for the first time, meeting up with friends from other countries, making new friends. There is no way to describe the wonderful impact this has.

Aside from this, the cast and crew are some of the most inspirational in this business- with a genuine of love of the industry and desire to create good television and not just churn out something to make money with no care about the quality. You don't have to want to be part of the industry to be inspired by these people though. Someone like Amanda Tapping is an invaluable role model for people from any place in any field. It may seem cheesy but a person you see on television really can make you dream big, try hard and do anything you want.

I would love to be able to share this convention with others and make more wonderful memories.
                            ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

[SIZE="6"]Stargate is important to me because its not only a TV show its the favorite of my life!

From the detailed sets, amazing characters,the fantastic innovating stories , the welcoming fan community, the stunning visual effects, the special effects and much more of these details make Stargate a completely unique franchise that can be enjoyed by myself and many more millions of people.

It would concretize my biggest dream if i would win this tickets, Stargate will be always in my hearth for better or for worst!

Thanks for all this years and hopefully more to come of Stargate

[/SIZE

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it allows me to "experience" things that i could not before.

Comment

Working...
                                X