Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad was the first one to turn me on to Stargate, and we started watching it together during SG-1s 7th season in 2003. Stargate was always something my dad and I could bond over. After beginning to watch it, I quickly got sucked into the whole SG universe and watched every episode multiple times. I loved the writing, the characters, and especially the sci-fi. Watching wormholes and time travel on Stargate is largely what turned me on to studying theoretical physics in university as I am today. I love Stargate and I always will!
    *Click to begin your adventure!*

Comment

SG's - SG1, SGA, SGU are all important to me because these programs explain to the average punter/viewer highly advanced science on a practical level. It shows the potential of the human race of people of what we could be if we collectively spent as much as we spend globally on killing other people, on Actual Science - That much money and we could be the 'gate builders' and stargate has been excellent marketing to get those who do not understand quantum physics or wave equations or string theory or worm hole's etc... that they dont have to have a PhD in Physics or Maths and everyone who watches it understands it. If Jack O'Neill (2 L's) is the architypal character who represents the average viewer and if Jack can do it and does not have to be a 'rocket scientist' or 'archaeologist' or 'other worlder'. Whereas only 1% of the human population can fully understand the science behind the show, 100% of the human population can be made to understand it because of how it is so well presented and the military aspect is highly beneficial to the USA market because in that market - if GI Joe (GI Jack) can do it so they they.

Comment

I think Stargate is important to me because of the scope of the world the writers, actors, production team, have created. I love being able to lose myself in the story and feel like I really know the characters. I also love how available the actors make themselves to their fans.

Comment

My love of science fiction started when I was in high school. StarGate opened up worlds of possibilities, not just for escaping into their world, but about my own. The characters are heroic, and funny, and realistic at the same time. It's possible for a woman to lead the field in the physics community, be able to defend herself and others, yet still be beautiful at the same time. To me, that means it's okay to be smart and pretty at the same time, which is a role model I wanted for my now 18 year old daughter. Also, as the mother of 2 autistic sons, there are endless possibilities in the future for them as well - because if something can be imagined in fiction, then someone, somewhere, may try to make it a possibility in reality.
          Jaz

Comment

I love the characters! Especially the Atlantis crew. I'm disappointed that there is so much turbulence in SGU and hope that the creators get to continue telling that wonderful story. Would love to go to Creation Con!

Comment

Stargate is about adventure, going to far away places that are at the same time exotic and familiar. It is about families whose members are not related and may even be from different galaxies but who protect and cherish each other and work towards common goals. The stories are expansive but relationships are important. Characters are both stereotypes yet individuals who are at times morally conflicted. They perform actions both heroic and selfish and sometimes it is impossible to distinguish which is which. Stargate takes me out of my reality and into a world that is exciting, challenging and welcoming. After so many years and so many hours of entertainment, Stargate has become part of who I am.

Comment

To me Stargate was about overcoming the differences between race, culture, etc... to become better yourself. Watching the teams made you feel like you wanted to be part of the team yourself.

Comment

It gets the imagination going. Imagination is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Why Stargate is Important To me:

Stargate Is important ot me becauseme and my family have been watching it since season 1 of SG-1. My dad used to work all night and sleep all day. The only time I got to spend with him was usually on saturday or sunday night when Stargate SG-1 came on. Through the years we kept watching the episodes. If I ever had a bad day I'd just plug in an episode of Sg-1 and got to another world with O'neill, Teal'c, Carter, and Daniel.

Comment

Just a little mod note here:

We have a lot of new folks registering just to enter the contest. And that's cool. However, our forum is unfortunately, a popular target for spammers, so all new members have their posts screened...basically they are invisible until a mod clears them.

We will happily clear any and every post that is an entry into this contest. It may take us a few hours (especially if you post while the mods are all sleeping, which sometimes happens despite there being mods in several countries), but your posts WILL be cleared.

and when they are ready to draw a winner, Creation is more than welcome to contact us and make sure there are no posts lurking in the mod queue.

So, if you don't see your post right away, please don't worry. It'll show up as soon as a mod clears it.

Also, if you have registered on the site side, gateworld.net, that registration doesn't work here on the forum. You will need a separate account. We know it's inconvenient, but the two databases simply cannot talk to each other. So, to post here, if you don't already have an account on the forum, you'll need one. And then please be patient while we clear your posts.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why is Stargate important to me?? Easy, it's because of the lifelong friends I have met because of the fandom community. I have enjoyed the shows and movies. But, the fandom of Stargate has a wonderful group (at least of those I have met) who I never would have had the opportunity to meet if it wasn't for the fact we all enjoyed the shows and wanted to meet others who also have.
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it truly sparked my love for all things science fiction. The good ole days while having fun getting to watch Star Trek Voyager and Stargate with my dad and truly geek out with him.

It also introduced me to some truly wonderful friends who I might have never met other wise.

Comment

Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and Universe are my "Calgon take me away" therapy. I can forget all the troubles I have, & live in the Stargate world for a while. I love the stories, I love the characters, I love the actors and I love the people that I've come to know through Stargate. It would be a real uplifting experience to attend the Creation Vancouver Convention.
                            etc.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I appreciate imaginative quality science fiction, which is rare to find on tv. I'v been a fan of Stargate since SG-1 first aird and in fact since the original movie first came out.

Comment

I have watched Stargate since the beginning. I have always felt a connection with the casts. The chemistry between the characters has made them real. Even though their adventures are science fiction and galactic in nature, we care about the characters because of we connect with them. I have enjoyed Stargate with my family, especially my daughter. I hope to have the opportinity to share it with my grandaughter when she is older.

Comment

Working...
                                X