Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Win Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver, BC (April 14-17, 2011)
    Stargate is important to me for two reasons - First it is an incredibly well produced show from SG1 to SGA to SGU. Many writers, directors, producers, cast and a huge ensemble of other workers have come and gone through the years. They have all had one thing in common: the drive to make the show the absolute best it can be. That commitment shows through in every episode and has kept me hooked and a loyal fan from the very first season. The second reason is that it helps me stay close to my oldest sister. She moved far away 25 years ago, from Boston to Seattle, and when SG-1 began we both started watching. When we talked on the phone we would share our thoughts on last week's episode and the direction the storyline was going in. Stargate was something we could bond over even though we were a continent apart. Over the years we made it to a couple of Cons in Vancoucer and really enjoyed that time together. Whether watching a cast panel discussion or doing a location bus tour around Vancouver it was a terrific time together. Thank you Stargate.

Comment

Stargate is important to me as a source of entertainment, and one of the last best intellectually engaging television shows I’ve had the chance to enjoy for all these years. I have eagerly followed the story/character driven episodes and was really disappointed to hear the news regarding the cancellation of SGU. It is obvious how hard the teams work on each and every episode and it shows through the final product and the strong fan following!

Here is to hoping for more Stargate episodes in the future (in some form or another.)

Comment

Stargate is important to me, because it made me discover a new world. And this world has become a part of me. It lives inside me and grows more and more every single day. That's the world of time travel and many adventures. It's the world of my dreams. It helps me forget everything and just enjoy and laugh even in the hardest and saddest moments. I love everything about Stargate. It's a great show with the best actors ever! - the perfect combination!

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I love the characters and the relationships they share with each other. I loved the movie when it came out and was basically obsessed with it. When the Sg-1 series first started, I tried to watch it but I was too tied to the actors from the movie I think. Over the years I have heard from other friends how great of show it is. Recently (a few months ago) I decided to give it another chance. I started with season one and Im currently in the middle of season 8 and cant stop watching it! All my friends are making fun of me but honestly I dont care. THIS SHOW IS AWSOME! When I am done with SG-1 Im moving on to Atlantis and then Universe!

Comment

I know that it sounds completely corny to say that a television show changed my life, but in this case, it really has. As a disabled person, it has been hard for me to get out and experience life in some of the ways that most people do. However, the Stargate franchise has offered me opportunities to be thoroughly entertained while becoming connected with others.

Beyond Stargate's obviously having provided quality science fiction entertainment since 1997, it has developed actors who have now become some of my favorites. Additionally, given that I first started watching RDA on MacGyver, I have been delighted to see him perform again on a regular basis and even participate in conventions - something he had never had the courage or desire to do before. The SG cast members and producers seem like old friends and it's fun to see them work on other projects - sometimes together. I look forward to watching their careers continue to develop.

On a more personal level, I've expanded my writing skills through fanfic, learned video editing through making music videos, been to England to attend a con, and developed very dear friendships through fandom participation. I know that long after the last episodes of the shows have played in reruns (many years from now), my life will continue to be tremendously enriched by elements of the Stargate fandom experiences I've had.

Comment

Stargate brings a visual excitement that fuels my creativity and a story that reminds me to be persistent. My life's journey is to connect to people through my artwork. To continue to find my voice and help other find theirs... It's a quest to manifest.

Comment

The Stargate Franchise has given me an escape from reality while keeping my feet on the ground since 1997. I am sure that no other activity or interest has affected me in the same magnitude that Stargate has.

Very rare is it that within a television program, you get deep story arcs, detailed character development, and the proper balance between action, suspense, comedy, and gravity of the more serious moments. There are times when I am watching the earlier seasons of SG-1 and am bewildered by the thought of how this affected me as a child, how it has played a pivotal role in my development as a person, and how differently I may have turned out with regards to my interests and character had I not been exposed to this since age 7.

I am 21 years old and now in college, yet I attribute my desire to be an engineer to this show that has been with me for more than 66% of my lifetime. And while each passing day nears me closer to the closing of the franchise as it once was, I can take solace in the fact that I have the entire SG-1 and SG-A Series on DVD twice over (Individual seasons as well as the collectors editions). What show inspires the imagination to the same degree as Stargate?

Growing up, Friday nights were synonymous with Stargate.

I am sure I am not the only one here who can name any episode within 5 seconds of it appearing on screen.

I am sure I am not the only one who has fashioned home-made costumes to replicate those from the shows.

I am sure that I am not the only one with friends who associate the Stargate brand with my persona.

The Domino Effect; the Butterfly Effect; I am well aware of these concepts, but when I apply them to my life void of the Stargate franchise, it becomes other worldly.

In today's world, parents and parental figures are extremely concerned for those who they are responsible for raising.

The phrases, "knowing or finding your identity"; "knowing who you are"; "being true to yourself"; there is no doubt that SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe shaped who I am and provided me with a certain security to be comfortable with whomever I chose to be.

Of course I still regret that the end of it's run on television on a regular basis draws closer, but I also regret that I have never experienced a Stargate Convention, not for lack of trying however. I did attempt to raise funds from a little entrepreneurial venture and taking small donations from friends. When your friends are helping you to finance a trip from the Southeast US to Western Canada, you know that they understand the gravity of your situation! Unfortunately I came no where near the amount of funds needed to finance my trip.

So as the Stargate franchise slowly closes, and the magnitude and frequency of Stargate conventions follows, this is perhaps my best and only chance for my journey to come Full Circle (S6!!!).

Comment

Stargate is important to me because it was the only constant in my life a few years back, during a very tough period of my life. No matter how bad things were and how low I sunk, Stargate was always there to put a smile on my face, and give me hope that there was more to the universe than the troubles I was going through. I know it sounds a bit cheesy, but it's how I feel.

Comment

Stargate used to be one of those things that I would watch when nothing else was on. Then i got to watching it more and more. This leading up to watching the 3 complete series in about 3 weeks time. The show became important and maybe a bit of an obsession because the adventures and the people and the main characters became like my best friends. i felt like my best friend died in each series when they killed someone off. Even if that character turned out bad, it was kind of an upset. Im even upset that they cancelled SGU. a stargate convention would be the ultimate place to be and it would be the Ultimate Stargate experience

Comment

Stargate is important to me simply because it's a fabulous reminder that family, friends and teammates are everything.

Comment

Stargate is important to me because I love the story arcs - criss crossing with the mythology I love and weaving between the different series families. It seems like we've had Stargate forever, and I'm a little crushed that we're going to be sans-Stargate for now. I'm loving all the DVDs in the meantime .

Comment

Thanks to all who entered the contest!! It is now officially closed. We'll be contacting a random winner via their private messages later today, so keep your eyes peeled. The winner will have 48 hours to claim the tickets and verify their availability. In the event of a forfeit, another winner will be randomly chosen.

In the interim, please feel free to visit http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htmfor more information about the con. Several additional guests have been added since the contest began, including Alexis Cruz ("Skaara"), Alex Zahara, Dan Payne and more!
                          Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                          Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                          Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                          Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                          Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                          Con-Version Calgary 2010
                          C2E2 2013-2015
                          TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                          Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                          Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                          FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

out of curiosity.....what happens if the winner is a 'probie'?

i ask because probie's cant access their inboxes! :/

Comment

Still waiting for the winner to be declared , but if a Probie wins ,then one of the Admins will contact them via the e-mail address they signed up with to join and enter the contest.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Please remember folks, the winner has 48 hours to claim their prize
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X