No announcement yet.

Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will also be a first con for me. Its great how theres finally one closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by taylyn10 View Post
      It was one of the newbies. I won!
      <<SNIP>>
      Squeeeeeeeee! Yep, my fangirl squee is in working order. Give me some pointers on how this works; I'm a little nervous. See you in Minneapolis!

Congratulations! I'm only a little envious ;-)

Well first off you're going to have an awesome time - and yes, there won't be much sleep to be had (at least I never manage to have any). The guests are lovely - Joe and David are such fun. Generally you get a schedule on arrival that tells you where to be at what time, but don't worry too much; there will be lots of people to help you out (some of them may be wearing Gateworld badges too). Just remember to go with the flow, smile, make lots of friends, and be nice to the staff and volunteers...and don't drool on Joe - we need him in good condition for LA

Edit: And make sure you report back here with stories and photos too - we like to live vicariously!
      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Yep, squee-ing here. I'm a total newbie when it comes to cons, too, so it'll be great fun to see what goes on. I'm already planning on very little sleep. I'm bringing Visine for my eyes 'cause I'm sure I'll be staring at the stars.

Going back to work on Monday will be tough.

Squeeeeeeeee! Yep, my fangirl squee is in working order. Give me some pointers on how this works; I'm a little nervous. See you in Minneapolis!
        That's awesome! Have a wonderful time, write things down as you won't remember lots of what was said and done.

Go easy on Flanigan please , I need him in good condition for Chicago.
        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
        GateCon Attendee 2008
        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Tried to get there for Sunday, but no such luck. Frequent flier miles would have gotten me there free, just couldn't get an arrival time so I wouldn't miss most of the Con activities.

Have a great time everyone!!!!!!! SQUEE!
          sigpic

Comment

Yep, squee-ing here. I'm a total newbie when it comes to cons, too, so it'll be great fun to see what goes on. I'm already planning on very little sleep. I'm bringing Visine for my eyes 'cause I'm sure I'll be staring at the stars.

Going back to work on Monday will be tough.

Wow, how'd I miss this yesterday!

Congradualtions!

This con is going to be a bit different then Creations typical conventions because it's smaller, only two days and has less guests!
            Fans are pretty friendly, especially those here from GW, so don't be afraid to come up and talk with anyone. I'm coming alone so I'll be looking for some buddies to hang out with, eat dinner with etc.

Autographs are done row by row. Back stage passes are first, then the Gold ticket holders, then preferred, then general public. Photo's are on a first come first get basis. Creation is pretty good about having people there to help guide and answer questions, otherwise fans will too.

Creation has the schedule posted on the website so you can see timing for everything.

Hopefully people will get together for dinner on Saturday after autographs and before the Dessert party!

If you have any questions just ask. I'll be on line off and on tonight!
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
              Tried to get there for Sunday, but no such luck. Frequent flier miles would have gotten me there free, just couldn't get an arrival time so I wouldn't miss most of the Con activities.

Have a great time everyone!!!!!!! SQUEE!
              That's a bummer! We will miss you!
              sigpic

Comment

mercury973 and I have made it to the hotel and ordered in late night sandwiches. Yum! Let the con begin!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                  mercury973 and I have made it to the hotel and ordered in late night sandwiches. Yum! Let the con begin!!
                  Glad you guys made it in safe! See you tomorrow, errr, later today. I will be checking in late as I am going to a graduation party first!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone, I will see you there! I will be the person back stage helping VIP's and Guests!

Comment

Just to get you all excited. Alaina tweeted this morning that she was just boarding her flight to get to the con!

And that was at about 9am my time. Which is probably about 6-7am her time. (I'm bad with time zone stuff - me being Eastern TZ)
                      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

hi all:

hope everyone has fun and a great time. remember take lots of pictures, and post them is it august yet??? james from chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
                          hi all:

hope everyone has fun and a great time. remember take lots of pictures, and post them is it august yet??? james from chicago.
                          Ditto, specifically ones of Alaina!
                          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Spotted BJS and Alaina in the hotel lobby...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              Spotted BJS and Alaina in the hotel lobby...
                              cool always nice to see the stars in the lobby did you say hi to them??? james from chicago.

Comment

We made it to Target today! Whoop!
                                I got two Hewlett autographs and 1 Hewlett photo op. Bet you can't guess why I'm here.
                                I hope to see you all this weekend.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by im_meli
                                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X