No announcement yet.

Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walked out of that panel with my face hurting from laughing so hard... SO many funny moments.

Spoiler:
    Q: "What was the most frivolous thing you ever bought?"

Joe: (deadpan) "Prostitutes."
    David: "I hardly call that FRIVOLOUS, Joe..."

Joe equating Jason Momoa to a St. Bernard, and the stories of Jason living with him (which was SUPPOSED to be temporary but apparently ended up anything but)...

Joe's story about when he was young and had to weed the island in the pond, his brainstorm about their rabbit eating the weeds and taking it over there, and then coming home from boarding school to find 30+ of them living there because his mom had put another rabbit on the island and it was a female and they "did what rabbits are best at"... and the inevitable end when his dogs finally figured out they could swim to the island. "It was not a good day for the rabbits."

Q: "How did you get your start in the business?"

David: "I'm still waiting!"
    Joe: (deadpan) "I slept with David."

Although I think my fave was when someone asked Joe if he thought Brett Favre had another year in him and he started waxing philosophic about it, and David's confusion. He looked *right at* my friend and I and mouthed, "Are they talking about sports?" We both made a throwing motion and mouthed "Football" back at him, and you could see the lightbulb go on. "Oh! Football!" and he makes the throwing motion back at us. At which point Joe stops talking and looks at him like "WTF?" David just grins, makes a "TOUCHDOWN!" sign, and sits there looking WAY too smug. We almost fell out of our chairs laughing.

My one regret is that when we got up for the Flanigan/Hewlett photo op... I pretty much froze. My friend and David were over there chatting like crazy and I just looked at Joe, shook his hand, said "It's great to meet you!" and that was about it, LOL! I feel like such an idiot...

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
      This con was amazing! More to share:

Who are the most adorable boys in the world?
      Spoiler:

I love watching David say something funny and Joe losing it
      Spoiler:

Uh, I haven't a clue (but I like it)
      Spoiler:
      I really need to go back and figure out why Joe was sprawled in his chair like that. No one seems to remember!
      sigpic

Comment

Was that part of the "Bruno wasn't funny, it was just uncomfortable" monologue? I've never seen anyone actually SQUIRM in a chair before, but he managed it...

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBel View Post
          Was that part of the "Bruno wasn't funny, it was just uncomfortable" monologue? I've never seen anyone actually SQUIRM in a chair before, but he managed it...
          I think I was too busy taking pictures. I don't actually remember much of what they talked about. *g*
          sigpic

Comment

I walked out of that panel with my face hurting from laughing so hard... SO many funny moments.
            OMG your memory is fantastic! I was laughing so hard, I wasn't memorizing their talk. Those boys are so CUTE together! Thanks for posting that.
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli
            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
              I love each and every one of these! So much fun to watch David snark and Joe lose it. Thanks for posting.

OH, and Rosehawk- I finally got to meet you! I might be popping up for Gatecon since I'm only about 2.5 hours away. 75% chance of Chicago, too. More David and Joe!
              It was fun finally getting to meet you too!

Originally posted by nakedwesley
              I really need to go back and figure out why Joe was sprawled in his chair like that. No one seems to remember!
              Joe was pretty much moving constantly on stage. Standing, sitting, walking, crossing his legs. I think SheBel is right, it's when he was sharing the story of his first role and his dad's reaction to it.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh gawd that was funny... but I was talking about when he watched the movie "Bruno" and thought that, unlike "Borat", that "Bruno" wasn't funny at all...

But the story about his first role, that was hysterical... and wasn't David keeping score of how many shows Joe's "killed"? Up to at least 3, I think...

Comment

Oh gawd that was funny... but I was talking about when he watched the movie "Bruno" and thought that, unlike "Borat", that "Bruno" wasn't funny at all...

But the story about his first role, that was hysterical... and wasn't David keeping score of how many shows Joe's "killed"? Up to at least 3, I think...
                  Could someone share the story about his first role? I'd love to hear it!!!!
                  Please????!!!!!
                  Thanks so much for the reports, I love reading them and haven't heard some of these stories before.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I'm recalling everything correctly....

Spoiler:
                    (This must have been after the "How did you get your start in the business?" question...)

Joe took a role on some Danielle Steele tv-movie thing, playing the main character's son- who happened to be gay. He called home to share the news, and his father was apparently less than impressed. (Let's just say the reaction was not very "PC". )

Joe was apparently attempting to defend his character: "He's the straightest gay guy ever" and "Really, you'd never know" and so on.

Hmm. Now that I read it, it doesn't seem funny at all! But we were all in stitches. Guess you had to be there for that one... Sorry!

Although I will never forget David talking about the pancake printer at the very beginning while we were waiting for Joe to show up... He had tweeted about it, complete with photo, and he was like a kid in a candy store about it. "If I had one I would just sit at the end with my mouth open..."

And of course right about then was when Joe showed up. "Are you talking about food again?"

Comment

@ShelBel Thanks for sharing! I don't think I've heard that story before.
                      (The character was Lionel in Family Album, he was very cute and very young!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, after I log off last night I realized I had the stories mixed up. I didn't find the Borat stuff funny mainly because I didn't find the movie all that great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I'm recalling everything correctly....

Spoiler:
                          (This must have been after the "How did you get your start in the business?" question...)

Joe took a role on some Danielle Steele tv-movie thing, playing the main character's son- who happened to be gay. He called home to share the news, and his father was apparently less than impressed. (Let's just say the reaction was not very "PC". )

Joe was apparently attempting to defend his character: "He's the straightest gay guy ever" and "Really, you'd never know" and so on.

Hmm. Now that I read it, it doesn't seem funny at all! But we were all in stitches. Guess you had to be there for that one... Sorry!
                          LOL. The story was funny because of the way Joe told it! You definitely had to be there!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X