No announcement yet.

Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend schedule is out. Dan Shea isn't coming anymore!

Okay, so the SGU M&G got cancelled but Brian, Alania and Gary are all at the dessert party so that's nice!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      The weekend schedule is out. Dan Shea isn't coming anymore!

Okay, so the SGU M&G got cancelled but Brian, Alania and Gary are all at the dessert party so that's nice!
      Hey, at least I'll have someone to sit with at the dessert party (assuming you don't mind). All my roomies are Sunday only. Guess I'll have to sneak them out some treats.

Saw that about Dan. That's a shame, as he's always a hoot. Just when you thought this convention couldn't get any SMALLER! lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
        Hey, at least I'll have someone to sit with at the dessert party (assuming you don't mind). All my roomies are Sunday only. Guess I'll have to sneak them out some treats.

Saw that about Dan. That's a shame, as he's always a hoot. Just when you thought this convention couldn't get any SMALLER! lol
        Yeah, I like Dan, he's always fun to watch on stage.

That would be fun to sit together at the Dessert Party. It will be nice to sit next to someone I sorta of know!

If anyone is around on Friday and wants to do dinner, let me know!

I just love having a con so close to home!
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I like Dan, he's always fun to watch on stage.

That would be fun to sit together at the Dessert Party. It will be nice to sit next to someone I sorta of know!

If anyone is around on Friday and wants to do dinner, let me know!

I just love having a con so close to home!

hi rosie, hi NW(NakedWesley) hope you have fun. say rosie can we do dinner or lunch when you come in for chicago??? that would be nice. we can even invite NW, hehe. say hi to brian smith for me. there should be some restaurants in the new westin hotel right??? james from chicago. i know what you mean about having a convention so close to home, thats why i always attend chicago events

Comment

Argh - still wish I was joining you guys!

Still, congrats to Chad (Doublecut) for being one of the the official hosts!
            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

That's too bad about Dan, he is a riot.

I'm looking forward to everyones reports and pics, have a great time!
              Chicago Con Attendee 2011
              Chicago Con Attendee 2010
              GateCon Attendee 2008
              Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Bummer I am just reading this now. My weekend is pretty busy, but a convention in my own town? How cool is that?! Might have to go check out the details anyway, and see what I can do!

Comment

No FREAKING way!! I just checked it out, I'll be 6 blocks away at the Twins game that day! For a 1:05 game, no WAY I could run over to hear the speakers. Drat drat DRAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

I would have expected some exciting squealing (hell I know I would have been!), but maybe it was one of the newbies who joined just for the competition.
                    It was one of the newbies. I won!

Yep, squee-ing here. I'm a total newbie when it comes to cons, too, so it'll be great fun to see what goes on. I'm already planning on very little sleep. I'm bringing Visine for my eyes 'cause I'm sure I'll be staring at the stars.

Going back to work on Monday will be tough.

Squeeeeeeeee! Yep, my fangirl squee is in working order. Give me some pointers on how this works; I'm a little nervous. See you in Minneapolis!

Comment

Have an awesome time this weekend guys and girls...

Very much wish I was with you, but I'm sure you'll be back to share lots of stories and photos
                      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

It's going to be a warm but wet weekend so if you plan to do some wandering around outside you may want to bring a light rainjacket.

And for those of you traveling to get here - have a safe trip and look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday/Sunday!
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 10 June 2010, 04:50 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

All you going to the convention this weekend have fun!
                          One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

See you guys at the hotel!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by im_meli
                            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

It's going to be a warm but wet weekend so if you plan to do some wandering around outside you may want to bring a light rainjacket.

And for those of you traveling to get here - have a safe trip and look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday/Sunday!
                              Define warm - I'm from AZ (and it was about 105 today!).
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                                Define warm - I'm from AZ (and it was about 105 today!).
                                About 70 degrees. It's possible we could also have high humidity too which can make being outside uncomfortable if it is too high. So far the humidity has been pretty tolerable, at least IMO.

The Hotel will have air conditioning which will take care of any high humidty issues if that does happen!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X