The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    How about we use the 12 days of Martinmas as the Secret Santa deadline? So basically presents just have to be ready at some point during the 12 days?
    Sounds good to me

That's really what started the whole Martinmas discussion off
    Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *nods*

Gosh, going through last years posts, I really don't remember posting them.
    I mean... Wow.
    Me neither......... but then I probably was zonked out on wine and meds most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      *ribs hurt at memory*

After the year I've had, I'm planning to wrap me and mine up in a ton of cotton wool and put us all inside a safety bubble Anyone else want to join us, because the WooHoos have had some serious bad luck lately Except for your Mom, who is now fit and well I hope?

*wonders if Martin can be enticed inside that bubble*

Yey! Good stuff to look forward to

Edit: Nad was there ever any doubt?
      She is feeling a bit better and the problem in her throat isn't the cancer coming back. But, her body has taken over where the radiation left off and is killing off the healthy tissue where the tumor used to be. They are now trying to reverse that. *sigh*
      But, it's better than cancer, so we count our blessings.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Not that I really *need* any more fonts......... but I really like that one, so......

*runz off to download it*

Oh I forgot to say that So I'm stating I'm up for it, ok?

Nad and I were just chatting, and we were thinking we should do a 12-day Martinmas again this year if everyone wants to?

(And I've promised not to screw it up by walking anywhere near drunken drivers again )

No no, no accidents for you this year.

Funny you should mention the Martinmas thing. Last night I was thinking about an Advent calender for Christmas, and then a normal 2010 calender. I think i might PM thopse ideas to Oma for the art thread (although she's probably got a ton of back ideas to plough through).

*wishes I had more time and talent for artwork*

*ribs hurt at memory*

After the year I've had, I'm planning to wrap me and mine up in a ton of cotton wool and put us all inside a safety bubble Anyone else want to join us, because the WooHoos have had some serious bad luck lately Except for your Mom, who is now fit and well I hope?

*wonders if Martin can be enticed inside that bubble*

Yey! Good stuff to look forward to

Edit: Nad was there ever any doubt?
        *passes giant roll of cotton wool the Jumble*

I don;t think my year has been quite as bad as yours but I must admint, this new year's eve is going to be one of those where we say **** off 2009, 2010 BRING IT ON!!!

(((Jumble)))

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        She is feeling a bit better and the problem in her throat isn't the cancer coming back. But, her body has taken over where the radiation left off and is killing off the healthy tissue where the tumor used to be. They are now trying to reverse that. *sigh*

Ah that's good and... badish but mostly good. Positive vibes for your mum.

((((LJ))))

Love your banner. You should send it to Joe.

Actually I am going to ask for positive vibes now, for my brother who is having his brain biopsy tomorrow. Dreading it and sort of relieved at the same time.
        sigpic

Comment

(((LJ's mom)))) I keep hoping that everything is going to be alright for your mom

Yep ...sucky year for Woohoos *kicks 2009*

EDIT

((((Cag's brother)))) *crosses fingers and toes...and...everything else*
          Last edited by starlover; 08 November 2009, 02:07 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

*sends good vibes to Cags' brother*
            Hope everything will go alright!

*sends good vibes to LJ's mom*
            Hope things will improve even more.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*sends good vibes to Cags' brother*
              Hope everything will go alright!

*sends good vibes to LJ's mom*
              Hope things will improve even more.
              ^^ What Nad said
              *hugs*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hi! First of all, thanks a lot for all the compliments on my song!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                <snip>
                Firstly TPI... That's great! We need someone to set that to music.
                <snip>
                Well, uh, no offense, but...I did. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEudA9z4mM

<snip>
                I can just visualise you scrolling down, panic mounting with each pic that wasn't Martin

I was just trying to please everybody before indulging myself
                Well, thanks! I was thrilled to see Damian in there--third from the top, too!

I just can't find the words...

-----

And speaking of Damian...can anybody tell me for certain if he's gluten and lactose free, or just gluten free? I've noticed in his Twitter that he eats Mexican food a lot, and I know that Mexican=cheese, so...doesn't really make sense to me. (It's quite amazing, though, because I have a slight wheat allergy, and so I eat some gluten-free stuff since I can only have so much wheat a day. To find out that Damian's gluten-free too was...well, I think my exact expression was .)

Just one more Damian thing. After a little bit of experimentation, I found myself with 32 new pics of him from that SYFY press thingy earlier in October! There's a lot of 'so-so' stuff, but I thought I might as well pick my favorites and put them up for you. So here we are! Go right ahead and take them if you like

Oh yeah, Martin...Wood and Amanda were there too!

That bang you heard was me falling off my chair.

Ugh, get rid of the mike...

Finally, a big happy grin!

Whoa, that stare!

Uh, what?

Like the boots!

That expression simply...defies description.

I would've really liked the guy with the (semi)shaved head in the front row to MOVE, but...well, nothing's perfect.

Wow, I always end up with these hugely long posts!
                Last edited by Teal'c_PI; 08 November 2009, 02:13 PM.
                sigpic
                ~the guitarists~

Comment

*sends healing vibes to LJ's Mom* Yes, it's better than cancer, but still cause for concern Tell her we're all still rooting for her

Funny you should mention the Martinmas thing. Last night I was thinking about an Advent calender for Christmas, and then a normal 2010 calender. I think i might PM those ideas to Oma for the art thread (although she's probably got a ton of back ideas to plough through).
                  No she hasn't, more ideas are always welcome

I don;t think my year has been quite as bad as yours but I must admint, this new year's eve is going to be one of those where we say **** off 2009, 2010 BRING IT ON!!!

(((Jumble)))

((((LJ))))

Actually I am going to ask for positive vibes now, for my brother who is having his brain biopsy tomorrow. Dreading it and sort of relieved at the same time.
                  We've all had a pretty bad year *sends lots of healing vibes for Cags' brother*

Comment

Nice pics, TPI!

Ok, really. This thread needs a huge Goodbye 2009 Party.
                    To kick it away.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nice pics, TPI!

Ok, really. This thread needs a huge Goodbye 2009 Party.
                      To kick it away.
                      Ooookaaaaaay..... so should we make Martinmas run on to New Year's Eve? Just to get rid of the icky 2009?

Comment

Nice pics, TPI!
                        Why thank you I'm quite proud of them. The second one in particular. I think I'm just going to put it up again...

Huh? Did someone say something?? I didn't hear anything...

Ok, really. This thread needs a huge Goodbye 2009 Party. To kick it away.
                        Well, there must have been some good things that happened in '09! I mean, I discovered PTB in '09. If you would've asked me about Joe or Rob or anyone else in '08, I would've said, "Huh? Who're they?" I think we should all look on the bright side as much as possible, and try our collective best to bring the good things and not the bad things into '10.
                        sigpic
                        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Funny you should mention the Martinmas thing. Last night I was thinking about an Advent calender for Christmas, and then a normal 2010 calender. I think i might PM thopse ideas to Oma for the art thread (although she's probably got a ton of back ideas to plough through).

(((Jumble)))

((((LJ))))

Bolded part -- I share this sentiment! Bring on 2010... who else thinks 2010 sounds like a distance future when you say it out loud?

I'm sending you a lot of positive vibes, Cags. I hope it goes well *hugs*
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hmm. Did anyone know that there's a city/town in West Virginia called Martinsburg? I was just fiddling with Google Maps and I found it. Rather interesting...
                            sigpic
                            ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                              Hi! First of all, thanks a lot for all the compliments on my song!

Well, uh, no offense, but...I did. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEudA9z4mM

Well no I meant, actually sing the new lyrics and, uh... anyone here got a half decent voice? Hmm, Bekki has! We'll have to comission her to record all these dittys.

No she hasn't, more ideas are always welcome

Oh then I shall PM her some ideas.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              Bolded part -- I share this sentiment! Bring on 2010... who else thinks 2010 sounds like a distance future when you say it out loud?

I'm sending you a lot of positive vibes, Cags. I hope it goes well *hugs*
                              Oh it does you're right! I remmeber when I was little thinking 2000 was years and years and years away and I'd never be that old.

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Truth is we know he has a tumour but just don't know whether it's benign, malignant, how fast it's growing etc. They're keeping him in until the end of the week when we will get the results back. His consultant has preliminary said it's not worst case scenario and seems fairly confident but, obviously, brain tumours are pretty serious regardless.

*frets*

*frets more*

Oh to chase away the maudlins, I did bake cakes today - lots of fairy cakes and then a nice banana and chocolate cake. It actually isn't my usual flat sort of scone like mess either (i.e it's light, fluffy and moist). Huh? What went wrong!

*passes virtual fairy cakes round*
                              sigpic

Comment

Well no I meant, actually sing the new lyrics and, uh... anyone here got a half decent voice? Hmm, Bekki has! We'll have to comission her to record all these dittys.
                                <snip>
                                Oh, I see! Sorry about that--didn't want to insult your intelligence or anything My voice isn't half bad...I think...but I have an abysmal microphone that, unfortunately, makes me sound horrible. (So much for Skype chats with Damian ) It would be rather interesting to hear someone singing my lyrics, though. I think I'd probably die laughing...)

-----

EDIT

And...sorry, but...who's Bekki?
                                sigpic
                                ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
                                X