The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Tbh, after reading half of that article I tend to agree with you.

S1 of the show is in the can, the ratings are pretty good, those that like it will stay with it and those that don't, won't.

It must be hard to keep your mouth shut when you see public denigration of something that you've worked so hard on, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, so maybe it's best to just sit tight and say nothing rather than leave yourself open to a personal attack like that?

(((((Brad)))))
    Yeah. It shows how much they care about their work and I love seeing that, but it's being used as a weapon by those who oppose. It's just a tool to go and say ''See? That Brad Wright is rude against someone who doesn't like it and therefore he must be a behind who creates an awful show''. I'm not saying I agree with everything TPTB say, but I do think it's stupid to go and react by measuring yourself a victim role. So what if Brad doesn't agree with what you say on a public platform and tells you so?

And yes, that was a rant
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hmm..I think the writer of the article and Brad both took it personal and probably on the wrong place.

I don't approve both of their methods, but it does suck that Brad gets in a bad daylight because of this while he really cares about the show and it ain't that bad(like the critic thinks).

Overreacting all over the place...

I do agree with what someone else said and that the producers perhaps must let the show speak for itself now. The numbers etc. will do the thing and you can never have everyone happy.

In SG1 and SGA people were complaining about the lack of character moments and now probably the same people say there are too many character moments...it's never good enough
      sigpic

Comment

Evening woohoos.... (((Woohoos)))

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Tbh, after reading half of that article I tend to agree with you.

S1 of the show is in the can, the ratings are pretty good, those that like it will stay with it and those that don't, won't.

It must be hard to keep your mouth shut when you see public denigration of something that you've worked so hard on, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, so maybe it's best to just sit tight and say nothing rather than leave yourself open to a personal attack like that?

(((((Brad)))))

Aw I agree with that. It must be hard when so many people were so negative before it was even made and seemed determined to hate it regardless. I understand when people want to constructively criticise a show but when they start getting personal that's not on. And, if you don't like it vote with your fingers and turn over.

(((Brad)))

Eww... hubby is watching some nature programme while I sit here tapping away listening to my new Snow Patrol CD (yay, coz I luv them ) through the bins and he just nudged me to point out two snails mating. It was... one of those wonders of nature I have absolutely no desire to ever see again.

Update on bro. Well, brothers because you know the other one (hey, there's four of them) had major abdominal surgery a few weeks ago - that's gone all septic and not healing well and now they want to give him radiotherapy just to be sure they'd got it all this time. He's a bit down about that, obviously. As to the other one...well it seemed the surgeons actually found his brain - to be fair we have been wondering for years if he has one at all He's out of surgery and that's about all I know. My mother can be the vaguest person sometimes; it's like getting blood out of a stone trying to get information from her. Never mind me sat here since lunchtime biting my nails down to the quick... we're really poo at communicating in this family.

Umm, sorry Jumble. I'm afraid JumbleSim and JumbleMartin didn't have time to get it on again last night but I will take the time between now and Sanctuary to get them working on that baby thing.

Ohh and just because I can *fangurls Snow Patrol*
        sigpic

Comment

"JumbleSim and JumbleMartin"?? Ok, that's an interesting twist I bet they've been practising while you weren't looking

*hugs for the brothers*

To cheer you up...

Oh, and earlier today there was a guy with dark hair and wearing a yellow slicker walking up my driveway...........

.... but sadly his eyes were brown, and he was here to clean out my gutters

Er, the gutters on the house that is

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Hmm..I think the writer of the article and Brad both took it personal and probably on the wrong place.

I don't approve both of their methods, but it does suck that Brad gets in a bad daylight because of this while he really cares about the show and it ain't that bad(like the critic thinks).

Overreacting all over the place...

I do agree with what someone else said and that the producers perhaps must let the show speak for itself now. The numbers etc. will do the thing and you can never have everyone happy.

In SG1 and SGA people were complaining about the lack of character moments and now probably the same people say there are too many character moments...it's never good enough
            I think that's just it, really I think I'm just going to stop reading stuff about SGU and just keep watching it. I'm enjoying it so far, and really, that's all I can ask for myself.

Cags thanks for the updates on your brothers, keeping all my fingers crossed for you all and keeping you in my thoughts *hugs*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*stares at Martin*

Cheers up loads.

Hmm, JumbleMartin.... perhaps that's what I'll call their baby?

*wonders if now might be a good time to try out the twins cheat on the Sims?*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                *stares at Martin*

Cheers up loads.
                *wonders if she should remove that particular pic from the wall, otherwise Cags will be speechless all day Sunday*

Hmm, JumbleMartin.... perhaps that's what I'll call their baby?

*wonders if now might be a good time to try out the twins cheat on the Sims?*

Much as I love him, I don't think I'd want his twins........ I'd rather just practise

Comment

Good luck with your brothers, Cags!
                  *crosses fingers everything will be ok*

EDIT: Why hello kitty, Jack's bum just showed up and it seemed HUGE!
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*runz through thread nekkid, completely ignoring serious discussion*
                    sigpic

Comment

*giggles* JumbleMartin...it seems...appropriate somehow

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      EDIT: Why hello kitty, Jack's bum just showed up and it seemed HUGE!
                      ........er.....

gutter....

and what are you meaning?!?! *is confused*

(((Cags)))) Hope your brothers are going to be okay
                      sigpic

Comment

*runz back through thread nek....screeches to a halt at mention of Jack's bum*

Jack's bum is not big! It is the perfect size for...thunking...and pinching...and...er...*drifts off, thinking of Jack's bum*
                        sigpic

Comment

*looks around* Wait a minute...where's Jack's bum?! I don't see it!! !

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            *looks around* Wait a minute...where's Jack's bum?! I don't see it!! !
                            *has taken it away to my room*
                            sigpic

Comment

*flyby Sanctuary fangurl post*
                              Pavor Nocturnus:
                              Spoiler:
                              OMG that was amazing! Brilliant but terrifying
                              *whimpers and goes to sleep with the light on*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                *runz through thread nekkid, completely ignoring serious discussion*
                                Oooooh look! The WooHoos had a serious discussion and GW didn't crash!!!!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *flyby Sanctuary fangurl post*
                                Pavor Nocturnus:
                                Spoiler:
                                OMG that was amazing! Brilliant but terrifying
                                *whimpers and goes to sleep with the light on*
                                Pavor Nocturnus:
                                Spoiler:
                                OMG is right That really was amazing! I kept thinking I'm gonna have to watch this again, because it was all so OMG that it was hard to take it all in first time around

Evil, eeeeevil PTB for scaring me like that

And I have to say, the split screen usage in this ep was perfect, really effective, really bang bang bang!! Loved it

Anyone got the link to the podcast commentary for this one?

Edit: Got it!
                                Last edited by Jumble; 09 November 2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X