The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Maybe you put the thought in my head! Cause I was planing on choosing Teal'c, and changed my mind in the last moment.
    lol! Maybe...

Those things go so fast....if your not there within like 10 minutes then your character is gone!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *wonders if she should hug Brad and co. or not*

Nad's got a dilemma.
    I think I'm going to hold off hugging them, tomorrow I will...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

APA - thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to more I really do want to buy it...

Comment

Okay...so...CotG recut Part 2...

First...and I won't put this in spoilers...can I just say that Joel Goldsmith's score is AWESOME with a capital "A"! It fits so much better than the previous score which, as I was watching last night, seemed very heavy-handed and overly bombastic. Not that it wasn't good music, but I think it was much better suited to the movie than it was to this pilot.

Now...where was I...

Spoiler:
        Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to me that Sam gets more screentime in the recut than she did before. There also seems to be additional explanation of things, like her filming the Abydos cartouche. There's also a new debriefing scene immediately following their return from Abydos where Sam gets to get all geeky about the model she wants to run to adjust for the planetary drift. Daniel is there as well and Hammond orders someone to clean him up and get him some new clothes because he stinks. It might seem that this only adds to Hammond's hard-nose attitude that he has at the beginning of the series, but while that one scene seems a little harsh, I think overall they've made Hammond more approachable in this movie, especially as things progress to the end.

Yes, they did cut out the full frontal nudity when Sha're is taken by Ammonet, however they did so without detracting from the horror of that scene. If anything, I think I felt it all the more keenly because I wasn't distracted by the nudity. You really focus on Sha're's face and her own terror and when the symbiote dives into the back of her neck....*shudder*

Finally I got to hear Teal'c's voice and wow...what a difference. Here is the rumbling baritone we know and love! They've also given Teal'c many more reaction scenes which makes his switching sides much more rational than before. There's more to the scene when Jack, Sam and Daniel are brought to the palace to "choose"...and there's a whole lot more added to the scene in the prison, including an extended exchange between Sam and Daniel and between the two of them and Jack and Skarra. Also, when the goa'uld come to choose their children, they've revoiced Daniel there so it's much clearer that he wants to be chosen just so he can be closer to Sha're (the whole choosing scene itself is extended), and when he says "Something of the host must remain..." in the original, Jack looks at Teal'c who subtly shakes his head no...which of course, we later learn, isn't true, as something of the host does remain. They've corrected it here and it is the goa'uld who answers Daniel with a very forceful "Nothing!", and a cut to Teal'c shows him completely unresponsive, neither confirming nor denying what the goa'uld said.

As you might have read in the review, they've fixed the ships in the escape scene. The battle seems longer too, I think. They've also cut out the part where we see Kawalski get goau'lded on the planet, and they've replaced the final scene with a shot of only the four of them...Sam, Daniel, Jack and Teal'c...standing in front of the gate, just before they go to close ups of them as Daniel says he has to find Sha're and Jack promises that they will.

And that's it, I think. I have to say, overall my reaction is very positive. I do think the story as a whole is better told in this version and really there are enough looks exchanged between Sam and Jack at various times to establish their growing ease with and admiration of one another, in a professional sense, which, frankly, is where they are at this point in the story anyway. The establishing encounter, while altered, still packs a whale of a punch in the UST department in the way that Sam and Jack have always communicated best...through how they look at one another. (Seriously. During that one look they exchange you find yourself wondering why they just don't get a room.... )

Now I'm off to watch it with the commentary on. If I learn anything more, I'll let you all know!
        sigpic

Comment

Yay, thanks for the review APA!
          Spoiler:
          I think it sounds pretty positive overall and I'm really looking forward to watching it myself when it gets released here next week I have mixed feelings about some of those lines being cut (I'm actually far more sad about the 'I adore you already' line going than the reproductive organs one, I love that line ), but I'm going to reserve judgement on how I feel about that when I watch it
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*happy dances nekkid through thread*

EDIT: *waves at invisible member and mysterious guest*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              *happy dances nekkid through thread*

EDIT: *waves at invisible member and mysterious guest*
              That might be me (the mysterious guest not the nekkid... never mind). I usually set my profile to appear off line. I like to pop up and jump out on people without them knowing I'm there.

Thanks again APA. I am taking your review as a fairly positive sign for lots of things. Let's say I'm not put off buying it.

*sigh* I can't believe this. I have had just one cup of coffee today in a desparate attempt to combat my rampant insomnia - peppermint bloody tea all day long and yet - gone midnight here and I am still full of life. I just want more than 4 hours sleep!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                That might be me (the mysterious guest not the nekkid... never mind). I usually set my profile to appear off line. I like to pop up and jump out on people without them knowing I'm there.

Thanks again APA. I am taking your review as a fairly positive sign for lots of things. Let's say I'm not put off buying it.

*sigh* I can't believe this. I have had just one cup of coffee today in a desparate attempt to combat my rampant insomnia - peppermint bloody tea all day long and yet - gone midnight here and I am still full of life. I just want more than 4 hours sleep!
                ! So you can stalk threads without us knowing...!!

*hugs Cags* Have you tried drinking some wine?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  ! So you can stalk threads without us knowing...!!

*hugs Cags* Have you tried drinking some wine?

Rats! No I forgot about that. I think I have a glass left. It's either that or I have to hit the Alabama Slammers but, frankly, I've dealt with a 2 year old and a killer hangover at the same time and it ain't pretty. I'll try the wine tomorrow.

(I may just need to stay off the internet for a night and boredom will drive me to bed).
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the review APA

I'm gonna watch it tonight! I'm curious what I'll think of it

Btw...it is funny though that we talk about this in the MW thread..it just shows how much we love TPTB
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the double post

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Rats! No I forgot about that. I think I have a glass left. It's either that or I have to hit the Alabama Slammers but, frankly, I've dealt with a 2 year old and a killer hangover at the same time and it ain't pretty. I'll try the wine tomorrow.

(I may just need to stay off the internet for a night and boredom will drive me to bed).
                      *huggles* Bore yourself to bed..oh no...the horror...if you want to go to bed early...then atleast use the husband for that...it's way more fun

*straightens halo*

sigpic

Comment

*wanders through, half asleep, on way to bed* Morning, you wonderful European Woohoos! See you in a few hours! *staggers off to bed*
                        sigpic

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

Am I the only one who still doesn't feel positive about CotG?

Tbh, APA'S review didn't change my mind at all. In fact it pretty much convinced me that I'll never want watch the new version.

A lot of my favourite bits have been removed, and no amount of new stuff will make up for that. What I haven't seen I can't miss, but what I have seen I wood miss, if that makes any sense

I hope Brad is happy with it and that it does well for the franchise, but I won't be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            Wood Morning WooHoos

Am I the only one who still doesn't feel positive about CotG?

Tbh, APA'S review didn't change my mind at all. In fact it pretty much convinced me that I'll never want watch the new version.

A lot of my favourite bits have been removed, and no amount of new stuff will make up for that. What I haven't seen I can't miss, but what I have seen I wood miss, if that makes any sense

I hope Brad is happy with it and that it does well for the franchise, but I won't be buying it.
                            No hun, you're not the only one. I know exactly what you mean.

I've been through this with the first few eps on Sanctuary and the reused scenes from the webisodes, and while I understand why they had to change some things, I could never sit back and really enjoy those episodes. I figure this would be worse, when I know that they didn't had to cut out some scenes (my fav moments at that). *shrugs*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              No hun, you're not the only one. I know exactly what you mean.

I've been through this with the first few eps on Sanctuary and the reused scenes from the webisodes, and while I understand why they had to change some things, I could never sit back and really enjoy those episodes. I figure this would be worse, when I know that they didn't had to cut out some scenes (my fav moments at that). *shrugs*
                              Thanks Jasmina, I was beginning to think I was alone here Most of the shippers seem to think it's mostly good news. Maybe I'm just not seeing it from the pov of the ship *shrugs*

So now I'm thinking I shouldn't watch the Sanctuary webisodes?

Edit: I had to giggle at Joe this morning...

I was standing in my socks and fleece pants in my garden striving to differentiate between the scents of three types of thyme and trying to figure out why they called it lemon basil when it smelled nothing like lemon and really smelled more like marijuana.)
                              Maybe his lemon basil isn't quite what it seems

And what an admission, he knows what marijuana smells like

Comment

Thanks Jasmina, I was beginning to think I was alone here Most of the shippers seem to think it's mostly good news. Maybe I'm just not seeing it from the pov of the ship *shrugs*

So now I'm thinking I shouldn't watch the Sanctuary webisodes?
                                The difference between Sanctuary and CotG is that, in Sanctuary entire storylines were re-written while in CofG the story is still the same, it's just some moments that were removed or added.

Webbies and S1 spoilers

Spoiler:
                                Will and Bigfoot have a 'not so nice' past together in the webisodes. Will's story was fleshed out and that part was cut out. Druitt was able to travel through time not just space, but in order to do 'The five' and the blood story that was cut. The witches story had a very big Arthur/ Merlin mythology to it, but now the Cabal was created to make an enemy for the Sanctuary.
                                And the cliffhanger at the end just killed me.

I can't tell if you're gonna like it or not, you're gonna have to decide for yourself. The thing is that most of what was shown in the webisodes isn't canon anymore, it's more of an AU for the show. If you go in with that opinion it might not be very bad.

Edit: I had to giggle at Joe this morning...

Maybe his lemon basil isn't quite what it seems

And what an admission, he knows what marijuana smells like
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X