The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    One more thing about the Ship thread vs this one...

<snipped for length>
    I think you've misinterpreted my original post. I was replying to a post, but I was not comparing both threads, as that would be like comparing apples and oranges.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      `
      Me too...and I am trying to stay there...I mean...it doesn't look like I'm leaving and I'm too stubborn for that

It's good to see you in here Bev
      Nice to be here. I guess I'm stubborn too as, no matter what happens, I just can't stay away from the thread.
      sigpic

Comment

One more thing about the Ship thread vs this one...

Spoilers for space only

Spoiler:
        I think the main difference in style is that this thread is a small community of people who totally feel the same way about something (We all fangurl one or more PTB.) The Shipthread is huge and there are people who tend to disagree on things. It's only natural and it's not a bad thing at all, but when people constantly hammer about not liking the thread's OT/ happynesss/ general depression and making people uncomfortable to post what they wanted to it starts to be a place where posting or fandom isn't fun anymore, but straining because you feel like you have to measure and consider every comment.
        I'm not saying that I don't love the thread anymore, cause I still do. My Shippy Mojo is on a high. I just think it sucks that people feel like not posting or spoiling OT RL stuff that bothers them.
        I for one have been quite shook up after the Queensday thing, especially after seeing images in which people were litterally flying through the air after being hit by some idiot in a car, while others were dying on camera. And yes, the first place I went to talk about it was this thread, because I knew that I wouldn't get smacked for being too OT. Sure, I don't want to have to go trough pages of ''Oh my it's raing and I broke a nail'', but when someone has something serious going on...
        I don't want to say goodbye to the Ship family at all. Sometimes you just don't feel like having to think about spoilers when you're upset
        You're absolutely right. Call me lazy or superficial *shrugs* I just think life is too short to have to worry about what I can or can't say on a TV show thread.

And I still maintain that the Dutch tragedy is something that six months ago wood have been greeted in a totally different way, as in: just about everybody on the thread wood have been horrified and full of sympathy for our Dutch shippers. Bad enough that you were so upset by it, worse still that the people you've always considered 'family' should ignore your pain I was thoroughly upset by the lack of response.

But yeah...
        That Brad W.
        He sure did a great job on Stargate, huh?
        He certainly did

Well, you're making vids, Jann ''does'' him, Martin loves him...
        Why not? Maybe I can make some interesting recordings of the ''shall we say romantic scene'' in the script. Jann doesn't think of that. She's stalking out of recreational motives, I'm sure
        I just wanted to do something fun for him, as a very small repayment for all the entertainment he's given us for so many years

As for Jann, well what can you say?

Oh and Coopie's is a week after mine... The 14th of october, I believe.
        Good. Plenty of time to figure out something to make him smile. Because you know, when he does smile it's like he's a different person altogether

Caitlin's dad
        *writes it in diary for next year*

I think Movie Three will make the thread better than ever.
        I certainly hope so

Comment

...Or apples and broccoli...

In honor of Bev delurking...a ruffled pic...

*ruffle ruffle*
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*whistles*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                ...Or apples and broccoli...

In honor of Bev delurking...a ruffled pic...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...bradwright.gif

*ruffle ruffle*
                LOL! Indeed. *ruffle* *ruffle*
                sigpic

Comment

I also find the snarkiness at TPTB gets a bit much at times. Another reason to stay here

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    I also find the snarkiness at TPTB gets a bit much at times. Another reason to stay here
                    You mean I'm not allowed to snark at them here?

I'll just sit back and drool over all the pretty pictures instead.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      I think you've misinterpreted my original post. I was replying to a post, but I was not comparing both threads, as that would be like comparing apples and oranges.
                      Oh no, not at all! It was a general response, not aimed at your post. Nah, I wood have quoted yours if I was replying to your words

It was a Nad rant thrown into the air, really
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                        You mean I'm not allowed to snark at them here?

I'll just sit back and drool over all the pretty pictures instead.

sigpic

Comment

You're absolutely right. Call me lazy or superficial *shrugs* I just think life is too short to have to worry about what I can or can't say on a TV show thread.

And I still maintain that the Dutch tragedy is something that six months ago wood have been greeted in a totally different way, as in: just about everybody on the thread wood have been horrified and full of sympathy for our Dutch shippers. Bad enough that you were so upset by it, worse still that the people you've always considered 'family' should ignore your pain I was thoroughly upset by the lack of response.
                          Oh, I wasn't personally looking for sympathy it was too big a thing for that. I didn't even expect it and maybe that says enough

...Maybe I'm just PMS induced whiny

Good. Plenty of time to figure out something to make him smile. Because you know, when he does smile it's like he's a different person altogether
                          Oh Coopie, when you smile
                          you light up the dark
                          you make me forget all things for a while
                          you're the sun during a stroll in the park
                          You make rain fall elsewhere
                          you make me feel at ease
                          as long as were here as long as you're there
                          smile much more aften, pretty please?

I just snarked at TPTB, but it was for Fragile Balance and truth be told... They had that one coming... I mean... Eww, Mini Jack, high school girls and a teenager in love with Sam? Ickybah!
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Oh, before I forget...

This is a ten minute project, don't throw things at me for sucking at this?

sigpic

Comment

LOL! Nad! "...is it even your birhday"! Brilliant!
                              sigpic

Comment

*hurtles in hyperventilating* Look, look, LOOOOOOOK!!!!

Brad will think this is fun!!!! Thanks!
                                (Brad's wife)

*falls over*

Comment

Working...
                                X