Clear All

*waves*

sigpic

Comment

Jann waves pictures of Dreamy Martin and expects a coherent response

Comment

sigpic

Comment

OMG! I have just had the most scary ten minutes of my life!

I re-installed the software for my printer, and a message came up saying some files had been lost. So I started to check...

I opened my main Artwork folder (which is on my external hard drive for safety ) and it was EMPTY!!! Everything was gone, all my artwork, all my PS brushes, gradients, patterns, my fonts...... everything!

I took a deep breath, and I thought, okok, but my Martin stuff is in his separate folder, that should be ok....... but that was gone too

My poor brain was scrabbling to get a grip, and finally told me to try a System Restore. The most recent restore point was yesterday, so I clicked it and crossed all my fingers and toes......... and thank heavens it worked, I've got everything back!

Phew!

Now I'm going to back it all up on dvd so it can't happen again

So sad that it felt like the end of the world

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

I re-installed the software for my printer, and a message came up saying some files had been lost. So I started to check...

I opened my main Artwork folder (which is on my external hard drive for safety ) and it was EMPTY!!! Everything was gone, all my artwork, all my PS brushes, gradients, patterns, my fonts...... everything!

I took a deep breath, and I thought, okok, but my Martin stuff is in his separate folder, that should be ok....... but that was gone too

My poor brain was scrabbling to get a grip, and finally told me to try a System Restore. The most recent restore point was yesterday, so I clicked it and crossed all my fingers and toes......... and thank heavens it worked, I've got everything back!

Phew!

(((Jumble)))

System Restore is a great tool . Seriously though, back up everything you own. There's no greater advice than that!

EDIT: I just re-read that and realised I incinuated you own Martin. Never! Loan maybe...

Comment

Phew!

oh no(((Jumble)))) That is scary!!! but luckily you got it all back!!

Reminds me I still have to back up my SG files!
              Since my computer has crashed several times and my laptop once...I normally back up everything, that is important to me, at least twice!
              I know for a fact that I have my pictures from some vacations on every computer in our house plus some external ones
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                (((Jumble)))

System Restore is a great tool . Seriously though, back up everything you own. There's no greater advice than that!

EDIT: I just re-read that and realised I incinuated you own Martin. Never! Loan maybe...
                I'm just glad it happened while I was using my second laptop, because for some reason System Restore on my main one only restores the D drive

The reason I got an external drive was so that I woodn't lose stuff if the pc failed

I don't????? Aw

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                oh no(((Jumble)))) That is scary!!! but luckily you got it all back!!

Reminds me I still have to back up my SG files!
                Since my computer has crashed several times and my laptop once...I normally back up everything, that is important to me, at least twice!
                I know for a fact that I have my pictures from some vacations on every computer in our house plus some external ones
                Well you obviously have more sense than me, I thought it wood all be safe on the external drive

Dear me! I can't believe how stunned and shocked I was to see those empty folders Obviously I have some stored in PB, but not nearly half of what went missing.

Edit: I wonder how many dvds it will take to back-up 2400 Martinpics

Comment

Well you obviously have more sense than me, I thought it wood all be safe on the external drive

Dear me! I can't believe how stunned and shocked I was to see those empty folders Obviously I have some stored in PB, but not nearly half of what went missing.

Edit: I wonder how many dvds it will take to back-up 2400 Martinpics
                  I have just as much sense as you...I only have more experience with this...think about a 13 year old that just lost everything she had on the computer including stories she wrote and some that she was already working on for more than a year

*hugs again* it's back now; that's all what matters!

Depends on how big all those pictures are...you can put 4,7 GB on a dvd... Otherwise you can always buy an USB stick of 32 GB(they aren't that pricey anymore these days...) and that's usually enough for all those pictures(plus you can regulary update it)
                  I do this with my school stuff. It's on my laptop, external harddrive and a USB stick. Laptop is primary, external harddrive secondary and the USB stick is tertiar.
                  sigpic

Comment

A 32Gb memory stick? I've never seen one of those, must go and investigate That wood be perfect because of the ability to add or delete stuff - can't do that with dvds

Comment

A 32Gb memory stick? I've never seen one of those, must go and investigate That wood be perfect because of the ability to add or delete stuff - can't do that with dvds
                      Makes my poor little memory stick seem so sad, it's only 256kb. But then it is about 5 years old .

Well no, maybe you could rent him? But then he wood be too much like a gigolo, and I know how you feel about those .

Comment

Makes my poor little memory stick seem so sad, it's only 256kb. But then it is about 5 years old .
                        My biggest one is 1GB, and I thought that was huge

Well no, maybe you could rent him? But then he wood be too much like a gigolo, and I know how you feel about those .
                        Oh I have no feelings either way about gigolos, live and let live I say It was just having Martin referred to as one that made me grind my teeth Can't have anyone knock him of that pedestal I've put him on, he might hurt himself

Speaking of Martin....

Comment

That's small! I got a 4 GB one from school. They give all of us one because we need it if we don't have a laptop...or sometimes the printers on school aren't cooperating with the laptops.

Gigolo*giggles* we're back on that subject??!!

I think we all deserve a equal share of Martin through the week. I want him on Friday!
                          sigpic

Comment

That's small! I got a 4 GB one from school. They give all of us one because we need it if we don't have a laptop...or sometimes the printers on school aren't cooperating with the laptops.

Gigolo*giggles* we're back on that subject??!!

I think we all deserve a equal share of Martin through the week. I want him on Friday!
                            Disclaimer: Sarai had no intention, nor was ever in a position, to begin a discussion of gigolos. Said discussion may be found on page xxx of the Woohoodstock Thread, and there may it lie. She accepts no responsibility for any discussion that here follows. Even under the influence of broccoli.

And a skip just flew past my window in the library. I think I might have been in here for too long .

Comment

Disclaimer: Sarai had no intention, nor was ever in a position, to begin a discussion of gigolos. Said discussion may be found on page xxx of the Woohoodstock Thread, and there may it lie. She accepts no responsibility for any discussion that here follows. Even under the influence of broccoli.

And a skip just flew past my window in the library. I think I might have been in here for too long .
                              *raises eyebrow*...right.

A skip?!?!

Ok gotta go...have to run some errands...blergh...
                              sigpic

Comment

*raises eyebrow*...right.

A skip?!?!

Ok gotta go...have to run some errands...blergh...
                                Yep. A skip. One of these

*skips out giggling*

Comment

Working...
                                X