X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is all...
    sigpic

Comment

Will recount events of AT7 as they pop into my jetlagged fron.

Amanda started by discussing something she has been trying lately. She didn't want to call it the smile project because she thought that name was being used for something else. However, she talked about how people, especially in large cities, tend to walk around with blinders on not noticing or acknowledging the people around them. She has taken to looking people in the eye and smiling at them or saying hello. She said she has received a few blank stares or quizzical looks but mostly has received a good reaction with people smiling back or saying hello. She encouraged everyone to also make this small gesture, just a very simple way to spread a little love. On a personal note, I have done this all my life and love talking to strangers, it is part of who we are where I live and why our province's motto is "Friendly Manitoba".

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well, did my cursory check to the important sites on the internet! Now, time to finish getting dressed and head to the surgery to have my bone sawed off, shaved down and put back (sort of like a broken bone) - sorry but that was what he told me he was going to do! (or I think so - sort of tuned him out when he mentioned the saw)! I will be ok, I will be ok, I will be .... Seriously - the nursing staff seemed to think this was normal so I am sure it will be just fine!
        sigpic

Comment

Laurie, of course you'll be ok And to those doctors and nurses your op is an everyday event, nothing unusual at all

EH-T, thanks for the info - I'm always smiling at people and saying 'Hello', and I'm often rewarded with a smile in return and have sometimes been told I've brightened someone's day A smile costs nothing but can be worth so much to the person we give it to

Comment

Prayers Laurie!
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Well, did my cursory check to the important sites on the internet! Now, time to finish getting dressed and head to the surgery to have my bone sawed off, shaved down and put back (sort of like a broken bone) - sorry but that was what he told me he was going to do! (or I think so - sort of tuned him out when he mentioned the saw)! I will be ok, I will be ok, I will be .... Seriously - the nursing staff seemed to think this was normal so I am sure it will be just fine!

((hugs))

Comment

Quick pre-typed note to let you know surgery went ok. Right hand totally bandaged until 3/14 so might look on, but typing very difficult. However surgery went well hand should return to normal usage soon! And finger is now suppose to be straight. Probably won’t hear much from me for next 10 days or more. But thanks for all the well wishes!
                Laurie
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/friendships.jpg~original

that is all...

That's me, and my bestie. Down to a tee.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Will recount events of AT7 as they pop into my jetlagged fron.

Amanda started by discussing something she has been trying lately. She didn't want to call it the smile project because she thought that name was being used for something else. However, she talked about how people, especially in large cities, tend to walk around with blinders on not noticing or acknowledging the people around them. She has taken to looking people in the eye and smiling at them or saying hello. She said she has received a few blank stares or quizzical looks but mostly has received a good reaction with people smiling back or saying hello. She encouraged everyone to also make this small gesture, just a very simple way to spread a little love. On a personal note, I have done this all my life and love talking to strangers, it is part of who we are where I live and why our province's motto is "Friendly Manitoba".

Aw, thank you for sharing this with us. What a good idea. So basic and simple and could make such a difference to someone's day.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Quick pre-typed note to let you know surgery went ok. Right hand totally bandaged until 3/14 so might look on, but typing very difficult. However surgery went well hand should return to normal usage soon! And finger is now suppose to be straight. Probably won’t hear much from me for next 10 days or more. But thanks for all the well wishes!
                  Laurie
                  Thanks for the update Laurie. Now... NO TYPING!

We will be thinking of you and sending healing vibes but please do as the doctor ordered and make sure you let your hand heal properly.
                  sigpic

Comment

This week's AfA challenge is to adapt a movie poster to a tv show poster - inspiration from Martin's helicopter pics took me from this......

.. to this....

Last edited by Jumble; 05 March 2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Oh love it Jumble
                      Love the colouring.
                      sigpic

Comment

Like the art work Jumble. Packing my suitcase and heading home in about an hour when the traffic dies down. Hard to do with only my left hand! However the drive home might be easier???? Hand starting to hurt more - don't like the meds the dr. gave to me....way to strong. Just took an Aleve so that should help some. I suppose I should get dressed as well. I will let you know when I arrive home safely - eventually!
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool Jumble.
                          Hang in there Laurie.
                          More from AT7:

Amanda spoke about her guest starring role on Motive. She said her agent contacted her that they wanted her for the show. She said yes and her agent said they would send over a script but Amanda said she didn't need to see a script, she would do the show because she loved the show. Then she got the script and saw the character she was to play. Creepiest character she has ever played! She made up a whole back story on the character's childhood to try to justify how the character turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Cool Jumble.
                            Hang in there Laurie.
                            More from AT7:

Amanda spoke about her guest starring role on Motive. She said her agent contacted her that they wanted her for the show. She said yes and her agent said they would send over a script but Amanda said she didn't need to see a script, she would do the show because she loved the show. Then she got the script and saw the character she was to play. Creepiest character she has ever played! She made up a whole back story on the character's childhood to try to justify how the character turned out.
                            I would expect nothing less from the woman who showed the writers the error in their math
                            sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Home safely. Couldn't fasten my seatbelt so had to get car attendant to do it for me! Not easy to drive but managed. Now where are those pain pills? Not going antwhere fot awhile! If needed - groceries will be delivered to me!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ah Laurie, it's lovely to hear from you but... aren't you supposed to be resting that hand?

*sends Get Well Police to spank naughty Laurie*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X