The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    You can perm it to look like that? I always thought perming it made it tightly curled/frizzy I've finally made an appointment to get mine cut in a couple of weeks, so I might ask about a perm - I seem to have lost most of my curliness

Apparently, yes. They had these funky odd shaped curlers and she said they'd use them and it would be more of a wave than a curl. I guess it will look more like this than the last picture. They're doing a strand test first though, to make sure it doesn't dry the hair out too much, as I have colour on it already.
    Stage 3 will be getting some highlights. The hairdresser is currently trying to talk me into reds (again) and I'm sorely tempted to go for it.

Hm. I don't think that's strictly true - a lot depends on the size of the curlers and the type of perm you use (Yes, I've googled it )

A change of hairstyle is good - gives you a boost
    On my hair, it does not curl at all easily. In the past I've needed really strong perm and really tight curlers to get any kind of curl in there. And yep, that's exactly why I need the change. I've just ignored my hair for far too long.

Thought you'd like the hands

And the arms. Oh heck those arms. D'ya think we really might all get a hug? Well you definitely will; I might get a funny look.
    sigpic

Comment

We will ALL definitely get a hug! Photoshoots with Martin always start with a hug, and I doubt he'll let go when the pic is being taken either - you've seen mine and Sarai's TSE pics

Comment

*cough*

Comment

Indeed they are - and in 31days those arms will briefly be around me and several other WooHoos
          Thanks for rubbing it in.
          sigpic

Comment

Aw, sorry LJ

Do you want to send your LJ doll to join us?

Comment

Been pootling around with Martin and PS....... or is it boobling?

Comment

I thought it was bobbling.... or is it bobbing?

I don't know now! the art is pretty nice though. Blimey picspam and new art in one week. Methinks you spoil us.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  I thought it was bobbling.... or is it bobbing?
                  Nad boobles, I pootle Although I may be confusing that with a Flump

I don't know now! the art is pretty nice though. Blimey picspam and new art in one week. Methinks you spoil us.
                  Thanks

I thought it was about time I showed a bit of interest seeing as it's only 31 days to Chevron

31 days? I haven't even thought about what to wear........ I'll probably get something new, but I'll leave it to the last minute so that it fits

Comment

Seriously only 31 days??? Better get a move on and book the train tickets then shouldn't I!! I'm ignoring all the talk of hugging.

I just made Lemon Curd I needed something to do with 6 egg yolks and that was one of the suggestion when I 'asked' Google what to do with them. Now I have a very lemony smelling sticky kitchen and absolutely no enthusiasm to clean it after a 10.5 hour day!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                      Seriously only 31 days??? Better get a move on and book the train tickets then shouldn't I!! I'm ignoring all the talk of hugging.
                      I know, it's really snuck up on us

Oh, come off it - you secretly enjoyed all the WooHoo hugging didn't you? And I guarantee that a Martin hug will cure you of any lingering fear

I just made Lemon Curd I needed something to do with 6 egg yolks and that was one of the suggestion when I 'asked' Google what to do with them. Now I have a very lemony smelling sticky kitchen and absolutely no enthusiasm to clean it after a 10.5 hour day!
                      Yum! But what you're supposed to do is use the egg yolks for the lemon curd and the egg whites for meringue, and voila! Lemon meringue pie! The one I had at Anderson's was Awesome!!!

Comment

Hm. I don't think that's strictly true - a lot depends on the size of the curlers and the type of perm you use (Yes, I've googled it )
                        Yes, you are right of course! (I hadn't googled it and went from memory. I was lazy. )

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *hugs Steph*

sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Oooh, I haven't made lemon meringue pie in ages. I used to make it frequently for my husband (his favorite). Maybe it's time...
                          sigpic

Comment

*drools at the thought of lemon meringue pie*

Well huh! Scottish Power have just whacked my monthly dual fuel payment up by £8.00 Right, time to change provider then........ except that on every comparison site I've tried, SP are the cheapest, so I'm stuck with it

30 days to Chevron...........

Comment

You could always phone them and ask them to double check the calculations? I managed to halt a price rise in mine once by pointing out to them they'd screwed up.
                              I'm going to sort out a new provider soon. Mine is preposterously high for the amount I use... again. They seem hell bent on putting mine up way above what I use and we end up doing the same old dance where I end up having to get them to refund me every couple of years. I always thought the whole point of direct debit was to spread the cost across the year - so you pay the same amount summer and winter. Why then do they always put mine up in the winter (oh but never down again in the summer) and then end up owing me loads.?

And lemon curd... yum! Lemon meringue pie... double yum!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                You could always phone them and ask them to double check the calculations? I managed to halt a price rise in mine once by pointing out to them they'd screwed up.
                                I put my own meter readings in last week, so it was calculated on that despite the fact that I'm in credit at the start of the warmer weather

I'm going to sort out a new provider soon. Mine is preposterously high for the amount I use... again. They seem hell bent on putting mine up way above what I use and we end up doing the same old dance where I end up having to get them to refund me every couple of years. I always thought the whole point of direct debit was to spread the cost across the year - so you pay the same amount summer and winter. Why then do they always put mine up in the winter (oh but never down again in the summer) and then end up owing me loads.?
                                I'm tied in until July anyway, which is why my rate is currently cheaper than the other providers. I guess come July it will go way up, so they've accounted for that for the current monthly increase. One person living in the house who is not heating the water or the empty bedrooms surely can't be using £98 worth of fuel per month?

And lemon curd... yum! Lemon meringue pie... double yum!
                                I know - not helping with the weight-loss plan Mind you, I have just given myself a week off it, ready for the final push to get to my target by the end of the month

Comment

Working...
                                X