No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it at all. I mean I really don't get it. Primeval UK ran for five seasons and IMO PNW is different and better in so many ways - it'll be an absolute tragedy if they don't find a network to pick it up for at least a second season. There are loads of stories still to be told, loads of character layers still to be peeled away.

*crosses fingers for a positive outcome*

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *stares ar picspam*

Wha? Was someone saying something?

Ahem... *huggles* Sarai, Josi and Max. From a personal perspective, it sucks that real life is keeping you away from here. Awesome for you of course, if it's good things keeping you away.

PNW. Gah I have that horrible sinking feeling I get whenever this happens. I can think of so many awesome shows that would not have made it past the first season if they'd applied the same First Season Ratings logic to them. And so many awesome shows that didn't make it because of that. Yes, Firefly, I'm looking at you.
      I hope they can find a way to make a S2. It deserves a chance to get into its stride. *thinks positive*
      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I don't get it at all. I mean I really don't get it. Primeval UK ran for five seasons and IMO PNW is different and better in so many ways - it'll be an absolute tragedy if they don't find a network to pick it up for at least a second season. There are loads of stories still to be told, loads of character layers still to be peeled away.

*crosses fingers for a positive outcome*
      Re: PNW. I really don't get it either. Canadian TV requires a certain amount of Canadian content. They will only have to find/fund another Cdn show in its place. Can't understand why they woodn't give it more of a chance to find a following.

Jumble, congrats on 32,000! That's amazing! Wood green you but have to spread the love a bit more first.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Re: PNW. I really don't get it either. Canadian TV requires a certain amount of Canadian content. They will only have to find/fund another Cdn show in its place. Can't understand why they woodn't give it more of a chance to find a following.

Makes even less sense then.
        sigpic

Comment

Makes even less sense then.
          One thing I learned a very long time ago - the "entertainment" business NEVER makes any sense!

And the viewers in Canada never seem to like Sci-Fi as much as other countries!
          sigpic

Comment

Man that was a week. Thankfully I have a quiet weekend ahead so I can get some downtime

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            *waves* Evening all

Crazy life round here at the moment as well, been working most nights until 7 meaning not much time or inclination to do anything else plus I seem to have developed an infection for my trouble so been put on some strong anti-biotics which have totally knocked me for six!

So much for better luck in 2013

Hope everyone else is well, Jumble glad to hear you're feeling better
            *hugs* Poor you! Hope you feel better soon and also that your life calms down a little as well soon too

Ahem... *huggles* Sarai, Josi and Max. From a personal perspective, it sucks that real life is keeping you away from here. Awesome for you of course, if it's good things keeping you away.
            Mix of good and bad Good is that it's been one of those weeks where there's been lots of fun stuff going on in the evenings, lots of fun times with different friends, but bad because work is stupidly busy (again, or still ) and knackering me out Still, two weeks time I'll be in Australia, so just got to get through to then

PNW. Gah I have that horrible sinking feeling I get whenever this happens. I can think of so many awesome shows that would not have made it past the first season if they'd applied the same First Season Ratings logic to them. And so many awesome shows that didn't make it because of that. Yes, Firefly, I'm looking at you.
            I hope they can find a way to make a S2. It deserves a chance to get into its stride. *thinks positive*
            *sigh* It does seem daft to have cancelled it, and I hate when the powers that be don't give shows a chance. Think of how many awesome shows were decidedly not awesome in their first season and yet got the opportunity to develop and prove themselves. It really does seem sometimes that the axe is too easily wielded Here's hoping they can sort something out for a season two.

Laurie, double awwww at the nephew and the puppies, so cute

Jumble, big Martiny congrats on 32,000! You chatterbox, you
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Mix of good and bad Good is that it's been one of those weeks where there's been lots of fun stuff going on in the evenings, lots of fun times with different friends, but bad because work is stupidly busy (again, or still ) and knackering me out Still, two weeks time I'll be in Australia, so just got to get through to then
              Blimey not long now. Bet you can't wait! How long are you going for, and is there room for me in your suitcase?

Having an pyjama day today. Breakfast was a donut and half a bar of chocolate. But going out for dinner tonight; badly needed as we've been cooped up all week with me poorly. Conserving my energy for that but might actually pamper myself a bit this afternoon.

Congrats on your 32K of awesome posts, Jumble.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

And the viewers in Canada never seem to like Sci-Fi as much as other countries!
                Which is very weird when you consider how much awesome Sci-Fi is made there

Originally posted by josiane View Post

*sigh* It does seem daft to have cancelled it, and I hate when the powers that be don't give shows a chance. Think of how many awesome shows were decidedly not awesome in their first season and yet got the opportunity to develop and prove themselves. It really does seem sometimes that the axe is too easily wielded Here's hoping they can sort something out for a season two.
                It makes no sense at all

*hugs for the frantic week*

Jumble, big Martiny congrats on 32,000! You chatterbox, you
                Congrats on your 32K of awesome posts, Jumble.
                Thanks That number does seem to go up really fast

Having a pyjama day today. Breakfast was a donut and half a bar of chocolate. But going out for dinner tonight; badly needed as we've been cooped up all week with me poorly. Conserving my energy for that but might actually pamper myself a bit this afternoon.
                I've designated all Saturdays for the foreseeable future as pj days - I'm still struggling with these 10 hour days, but a quick look at my bank balance definitely helps

Comment

Congrats on the posting milestone Jumble!

glad you're on the mend Cags. I slept in this morning all the way until 7 am!
                  sigpic

Comment

Blimey not long now. Bet you can't wait! How long are you going for, and is there room for me in your suitcase?
                    Two and a half weeks. And if you can squash yourself down really small and are OK with spending 24 hours in a plane hold, then sure

Getting really very excited. Bought sunscreen at the supermarket this morning It better actually be warm when I get there!

Having an pyjama day today. Breakfast was a donut and half a bar of chocolate. But going out for dinner tonight; badly needed as we've been cooped up all week with me poorly. Conserving my energy for that but might actually pamper myself a bit this afternoon.
                    Sounds good, enjoy Hope you're feeling better *hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Which is very weird when you consider how much awesome Sci-Fi is made there
                      Exactly!

I've designated all Saturdays for the foreseeable future as pj days - I'm still struggling with these 10 hour days, but a quick look at my bank balance definitely helps
                      Excellent. So when Martin Wood Comes To The UK you'll be able to afford a couple extra photo/autos. Coz, y'know, there's always room for one more on The Wall.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      glad you're on the mend Cags. I slept in this morning all the way until 7 am!
                      Umm... yeah, no I was up later this morning.

TBH, I'm not really on the mend. Still totally washed out, still suffering with achey joints (what they heck is that all about ) and swollen glands and now have a sore throat. I had been planning on taking Ben to the museums this week but even my little shopping trip to get essentials (aka chocolate and donuts ) wiped me for six. I have never slept so much in my life. Umm, except when I was pregnant and unless you can get pregnant from watching too many utterly gorgeous men doing manly things on tv shows, then it's really not likely. I wouldn't mind if I'd been proper ill - laid up and full of flu sort - instead of just a bit meh.
                      I'm gonna stop whinging about it now because I am sure there's folks worse off that me. And anyway, dinner tonight will take my mind off the self pity.
                      Last edited by Cagranosalis; 23 February 2013, 06:20 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nola

A sad day for Suz. She had to let Starsky go to his final sleep He's suffered from arthritis for some time now, and finally reached the point where life just wasn't fun anymore.

"Today I've said goodbye to the best friend I could ever ask for. Starsky has been my rock for 4 years and I'm so lucky to have had that time with him. Run free big man, it wont hurt anymore"

So far 2013 has been very painful for Suz

Spoiler:
                        She and Mike broke up just after Christmas after five years together. She went to stay with Jo for a couple of weeks while she looked for somewhere to live. Is currently sharing a flat near where she works but it's way too expensive for her to stay for long.

There is nowhere for her to keep her rabbits, so I had them here whilst we looked for new homes for them. The buck went last week but I still have the doe - desperately trying to stop myself from getting a hutch so I can keep her. I really can't do it, it wood just be too painful to have another one taken by the fox

On top of that, Suz has had to put Wrex up for sale. Not enough money coming in to keep him on her own

Yeah, 2013 sucks for Suz

Comment

Poor Suz. Give her a huggle from me. I hope her karma improves so the end of the year is awesome for her.
                          sigpic

Comment

(((((Suz)))) that's just too much too fast!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh no, poor Suz What a sucky start to the year. Here's hoping things improve and fast for her. Sending hugs.

And hugs to Cags too for the lurgy. You're entitled to whinge when you feel rubbish. Hope you do feel better soon
                              sigpic

Comment

A lot of things are hard when you're a parent, but the hardest is watching your child's heart break and not being able to do a damn thing about it

Comment

Working...
                                X