The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    You must have a different version than the rest of us then The editing doesn't work, which results in lots of people posting pics that are over the GW limits. So much for listening to our feed back
    I'm still using Old PB.

But look! Users are positive!

"I would have recommended Photobucket before, but even more so now. It does what it is supposed to do and I love it!"
    Heather S.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I'm still using Old PB.
      So am I, but they won't let us use it for much longer.

But look! Users are positive!

Yeah, because they'd show us all the negative reviews woodn't they?

Comment

Why?

I'd love to know the script and/or plot. Just to know what could have been.
        Pht, well if you're going to be one of those fussy actors who insist in knowing your character's motivation and having a no nudity clause, I'll just have to cast someone else.
        All you need to know is it's Sam, and her only motivation involves nudity. And Jack. And that's about it.

PNW... rats. I missed it. Ewan came over and I was making good on a promise to complete the Firefly/Serenity marathon. I must remember to set the stupid Tivo box now I have one.
        sigpic

Comment

Are you logged in to FB?
          Originally posted by Jumble
          No, it's a Facebook page - click it, then log in like Nad said
          I was logged in, still doesn't work. I'll try again later. Or not - just saw the pictures you posted...thank! Cute puppies!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

PNW... rats. I missed it. Ewan came over and I was making good on a promise to complete the Firefly/Serenity marathon. I must remember to set the stupid Tivo box now I have one.
            It's on again 18.00 on Sunday Can't you set it to record all eps?

So now they're testing sweets to see if they contain horse dna in the gelatine - what's the betting sweet sales don't go down in the same way as beef sales have?
            Last edited by Jumble; 19 February 2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

you know, one of the companies named as receiving the "beef" that wasn't really beef was Burger King. Now, they are very popular over here (not as big as McDonald's of course). I wonder if some of that made it to the US?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                you know, one of the companies named as receiving the "beef" that wasn't really beef was Burger King. Now, they are very popular over here (not as big as McDonald's of course). I wonder if some of that made it to the US?
                Are you bothered if it has? Horsemeat is more nutritious than beef, so what's the difference? Horses are cleaner than pigs, yet we eat pork without a second thought.

Comment

It's on again 18.00 on Sunday Can't you set it to record all eps?
                  Well if I'd only set the series link in the first place I wouldn't miss it at all. Ok, I am going to set it tonight to record Sunday's episode and then Tuesday night's ongoing. No more missing PNW for me.

So now they're testing sweets to see if they contain horse dna in the gelatine - what's the betting sweet sales don't go down in the same way as beef sales have?
                  I always assumed gelatine was made from all sorts of animals so I don't think it'd occur to me to have even worried about it.

Are you bothered if it has? Horsemeat is more nutritious than beef, so what's the difference? Horses are cleaner than pigs, yet we eat pork without a second thought.
                  I suppose I would if I were a horse lover. I not particularly but I am a cat owner and even though I know cats are just animals like horses and pigs and cows and that some countries eat them without a thought, I'd be devastated if I thought I was unwittingly eating Fluffy.

I would find it strangely perverse if the only people who could 100% guarantee there's no contamination in their chain turned out to be fast food places like McDonalds and BK though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well if I'd only set the series link in the first place I wouldn't miss it at all. Ok, I am going to set it tonight to record Sunday's episode and then Tuesday night's ongoing. No more missing PNW for me.
                    Good I thought last night's was particularly interesting in the character backstory department

I always assumed gelatine was made from all sorts of animals so I don't think it'd occur to me to have even worried about it.
                    What makes me laugh is the number of vegetarians that happily eat sweets/candy with gelatine in them and don't see any hypocrasy in that

I suppose I would if I were a horse lover. I not particularly but I am a cat owner and even though I know cats are just animals like horses and pigs and cows and that some countries eat them without a thought, I'd be devastated if I thought I was unwittingly eating Fluffy.
                    I guess I see horses as the same as pigs, sheep and cattle - they're all farm animals in my book. Yet I woodn't fancy eating dog or cat - not because I love them (as you well know ) but purely because they are in the pet category. I don't eat rabbit for the same reason.

I would find it strangely perverse if the only people who could 100% guarantee there's no contamination in their chain turned out to be fast food places like McDonalds and BK though.
                    That wood indeed be ironic I don't question the quality of the ingredients in MacDonald's junk, I just abhor what they do with them

Comment

Good I thought last night's was particularly interesting in the character backstory department
                      The finale has just aired over the pond and I have been avoiding Twitter spoilers for it. Failing somewhat, but that's what happens when you have Gillian Horvath on follow.

Who am I kidding, I am a total spoiler tart!

What makes me laugh is the number of vegetarians that happily eat sweets/candy with gelatine in them and don't see any hypocrasy in that
                      Hah, I have a "vegan" brother who will happily much into a bacon sarnie so you don't need to tell me about hypocrasy.

I guess I see horses as the same as pigs, sheep and cattle - they're all farm animals in my book. Yet I woodn't fancy eating dog or cat - not because I love them (as you well know ) but purely because they are in the pet category. I don't eat rabbit for the same reason.
                      No, you're right about that. I remember mu mum serving us up rabbit pie once; I was nearly sick. We'd had them as pets in the past. We did have some neighbours who did eat their pet bunnies though. I thought that was just freaky! Lady I used to work with kept pet sheep (5 of them) and she would not touch lamb. It's all relative I suppose.

That wood indeed be ironic I don't question the quality of the ingredients in MacDonald's junk, I just abhor what they do with them
                      Well exactly! I never eat MaccyD beefburgers; they do something to beef that completely and utterly strips away all semblance of "beefiness" about it; taste, moistness, texture. It really is like eating reconstituted dry cardboard shavings. The chicken isn't much better but it does seem to depend on what sort it is. And I have to admit to once being ridiculously addicted to their fillet o fish so it was, once, literally the only thing I'd ever order off their menu for about 10 years. Since they introduced wraps I've branched out a little. Er, although I'm not sure 3 or 4 times a year at most really puts me in a position to be a McDonalds connoisseur.
                      sigpic

Comment

The major concern for me re the tainted meet, is...what else could it be tainted with?! I mean, I personally don't eat horse (I grew up w/ horses), but I know it's not that big of a deal to some folks (Joe included). But it's the idea of anything other than what's supposed to be there...being there.
                        sigpic

Comment

*looks around*

I killed the thread!

*goes off to snuggle with puppies*
                          sigpic

Comment

I could never knowingly eat horse meat....I use to own a horse many (many many many) decades ago. And I don't eat at McD much either - except I do stop in (drive thru) to get a drink occasionally. Have you ever looked at a Chicken McNugget - that just doesn't look like chicken meat to me! But I must admit I do like there McRib sandwich - but only get one or two max a year. However, I do like Burger King and have a cheese burger there maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I really don't go to those places very often any more. Prefer Subway sandwiches or going to Applebee's (resturant chain here) for a meal. Also no bunnies either. I prefer cow meat, real turkey or chicken meat and fish - love fish and chips!

Also no snails! (like your little friend Jumble!)
                            Last edited by llp; 20 February 2013, 11:27 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

The finale has just aired over the pond and I have been avoiding Twitter spoilers for it. Failing somewhat, but that's what happens when you have Gillian Horvath on follow.

Who am I kidding, I am a total spoiler tart!
                              I've stayed away from Twitter because of that - I don't want to be spoiled

Hah, I have a "vegan" brother who will happily much into a bacon sarnie so you don't need to tell me about hypocrasy.

No, you're right about that. I remember mu mum serving us up rabbit pie once; I was nearly sick. We'd had them as pets in the past. We did have some neighbours who did eat their pet bunnies though. I thought that was just freaky! Lady I used to work with kept pet sheep (5 of them) and she would not touch lamb. It's all relative I suppose.
                              We used to eat rabbit when I was a kid - my grandmother used to breed them for the table. Somehow that seemed ok because they weren't 'pets'. We wood often see a brown bag hanging on the back of the kitchen door jumping about. We were told the rabbit was dead and that it was normal for it to have muscle spasms for awhile.

Well exactly! I never eat MaccyD beefburgers; they do something to beef that completely and utterly strips away all semblance of "beefiness" about it; taste, moistness, texture. It really is like eating reconstituted dry cardboard shavings. The chicken isn't much better but it does seem to depend on what sort it is. And I have to admit to once being ridiculously addicted to their fillet o fish so it was, once, literally the only thing I'd ever order off their menu for about 10 years. Since they introduced wraps I've branched out a little. Er, although I'm not sure 3 or 4 times a year at most really puts me in a position to be a MacDonalds connoisseur.
                              Not to mention the fact that they put loads of revolting 'dressing' in the burgers then wrap them up and keep them warm, thereby ensuring that the bun becomes soggy from the steam And their 'chips' are always cold

I guess you've figured by now that I wood never eat anything from MacDonald's? Not even if I were starving and they had the only food on the planet - Yuck!

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                              The major concern for me re the tainted meet, is...what else could it be tainted with?! I mean, I personally don't eat horse (I grew up w/ horses), but I know it's not that big of a deal to some folks (Joe included). But it's the idea of anything other than what's supposed to be there...being there.
                              That's the main issue, the fact that they've found horse dna in food labelled 'beef'. There's also the possibility of Bute entering the food chain - harmless to horses but dangerous for humans - which I think is more of a concern than the actual meat.

Comment

I have no issue with horsemeat per se...I do, however, take issue something labeled one thing and actually being something else. Bison is really good - very lean. I eat venison. I eat rabbit. Plus all the average things. I'm not as adventurous as Joe but I don't mind trying most new things.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X