X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *hugs WooHoos*
    I do like the last logo the most LJ!

We'll have a King who's nickname is 'Prins Pils' (Prince beer). No joke.
    And even worse... No more Queens Day A date with the 'handler' before the Big Squish... Hm.
    Nad - So why did she abdicate? Haven't watched the news yet.

LJ - I agree - the last logo it the best.

Oh my, getting close to 4000 posts - I've spent a lot of time here haven't I!
    Yeah I know, next to Jumble it is didly squat! But for me a lot of comments! Didn't know I had anything to say. Then again, probably didn't say much anyhow!
    sigpic

Comment

*Shimmies*

Wow. I really needed a good day today. Glad it turned out that way.
      sigpic

Comment

that is all
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/walkinthewoods.jpg

that is all
          *gigglesnort*
          sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I do like the last logo the most LJ!

Yes.
            And even worse... No more Queens Day
            Will you have a King Day instead?

A date with the 'handler' before the Big Squish... Hm.
            It could be fun, especially if it were a manhandler rather than a womanhandler - he could get in a bit of practise

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
            *Shimmies*

Glad to hear it! And I really like the last logo too

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Nad - So why did she abdicate? Haven't watched the news yet.
              Well, she'll be 75 in two days, The Netherlands celebrates 200 years of being a monarchy this year and she figures it's time to enjoy her retirement, especially after having had some rough years (one of her sons is in a coma right now, after a skiing accident). The crown prince has been preparing for about five years and she thinks it's time or him to take over.

Oh my, getting close to 4000 posts - I've spent a lot of time here haven't I!
              Yeah I know, next to Jumble it is didly squat! But for me a lot of comments! Didn't know I had anything to say. Then again, probably didn't say much anyhow!
              Ah, but after 4000 you'll get into a posting landslide!

*Shimmies*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Will you have a King Day instead?
              \

Yes.
              But Queens Day sounds much cooler.

It could be fun, especially if it were a manhandler rather than a womanhandler - he could get in a bit of practise

Glad to hear it! And I really like the last logo too

Wonder what that wood look like in a fancy restaurant.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*gigglesnort*
                that was my reaction too. Nice one Nola!

And even worse... No more Queens Day
                *giggle*

When Prince Charles takes over from our queen I dread to think what will happen. She's not in the abdicating business though; I think they'll be prying her corpse of the throne before he gets it (which might be another 20 years if she goes the same way as her mum. )

Originally posted by llp View Post

Yep, agree with that LJ, the last one is best.

*yawn*

So tired. Wish my body would give it up and go to sleep. I can't even play catch up today; too much to do.
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles broadband connection* I've been without internet and tv since about 10 this morning - got so bored I had to resort to doing housework

Well, she'll be 75 in two days, The Netherlands celebrates 200 years of being a monarchy this year and she figures it's time to enjoy her retirement, especially after having had some rough years (one of her sons is in a coma right now, after a skiing accident). The crown prince has been preparing for about five years and she thinks it's time or him to take over.
                  Good for her

I don't go to fancy restaurants

Besides, some of us do have a little decorum in public

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  When Prince Charles takes over from our queen I dread to think what will happen. She's not in the abdicating business though; I think they'll be prying her corpse of the throne before he gets it (which might be another 20 years if she goes the same way as her mum. )
                  I really think it's about time for her to retire - most of her work is already being done by Charles anyway, so why not give him the crown that he's spent his entire life being trained for?

*yawn*

So tired. Wish my body would give it up and go to sleep. I can't even play catch up today; too much to do.
                  Did you look into getting some Melatonin? You should

I think my body is getting used to the early starts at last - don't feel quite so zombie-like in the mornings now

Comment

*Yawn* I fear mornings and I will never get along. Glad you're doing better, though, Jumble.

*eyes kids' cereal* Mmmmmm....
                    sigpic

Comment

*Yawn* I fear mornings and I will never get along. Glad you're doing better, though, Jumble.

*eyes kids' cereal* Mmmmmm....
                      Thanks - I don't think we'll ever be friends, but we're learning to get along

Comment

Hm. Best of both worlds?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/rrlogo5_zps2ccb5d9a.jpg[/IMG]

ETA: Woodnight Jumble!
                        Very nice!

But Queens Day sounds much cooler.

It made the news in Canada today. Of course, we have a connection with her and the Dutch royal family:

During the Second World War, Beatrix and her family fled their country for Canada. Young Beatrix attended nursery school and Rockcliffe Park Public School in Ottawa before returning to a liberated Holland.

The 100,000 plus tulips that bloom each year in Ottawa were given to Canada by Holland. Beatrix’s mother, then Princess Juliana, personally sent 20,000 flower bulbs.

The tulip festival in Ottawa is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to the connection between us.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Streaming music to keep Girlkid happy. Can't wait till she starts school next week. Though, I did dream that I took her and we just wandered around lost.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's probably because you've been waiting for so long to get her into a school where she'll be looked after properly that you don't quite believe it, or maybe you think something is bound to go wrong. You've been wandering around lost as far as her schooling is concerned for ages after all It'll all be good come Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              *huggles broadband connection* I've been without internet and tv since about 10 this morning - got so bored I had to resort to doing housework
                              You could have come and done mine... while I was off doing my aunt's... long long story. I have to bake and decorate a cake tomorrow for Benjabub's birthday on Friday. Hideously busy week. Again.

I really think it's about time for her to retire - most of her work is already being done by Charles anyway, so why not give him the crown that he's spent his entire life being trained for?
                              I'm a bit in two minds on it. While I agree with you, I also think "why should she?" I don't know, maybe she's going for the record and then she'll retire.

Did you look into getting some Melatonin? You should
                              I did but don't know what dose to take so, as usual, dithering. Will order some tonight though, I think. The other night I resorted to good old Night Nurse to nod off. It works a treat but I sleep too much and feel like a zombie the next day.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Very nice!

It made the news in Canada today. Of course, we have a connection with her and the Dutch royal family:

During the Second World War, Beatrix and her family fled their country for Canada. Young Beatrix attended nursery school and Rockcliffe Park Public School in Ottawa before returning to a liberated Holland.

The 100,000 plus tulips that bloom each year in Ottawa were given to Canada by Holland. Beatrix’s mother, then Princess Juliana, personally sent 20,000 flower bulbs.

The tulip festival in Ottawa is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to the connection between us.

Aww... that's a lovely story.

Streaming music to keep Girlkid happy. Can't wait till she starts school next week. Though, I did dream that I took her and we just wandered around lost.
                              Well dreaming it is a start. I bet you're ridiculously excited about it.

Rant Alert: So... would you walk into a shop, pick up three or four items - a handbag, pair of shoes, nice scarf... then pop them to one side and say "hey don't sell these, I'll have 'em, I'll be back in a week to pay for them." ?
                              Probably not, right. That would be cheeky and... wrong. So why to people think it's OK to do that on ebay? Some cheeky <insert unmentionable name of your choice> on ebay won three of my items on Sunday night, waited until today to say "is it ok if I pay on Saturday?" Er, no actually, no it's not ok, but would have been nice to have been, y'know, asked first BEFORE you bidded on them. Sheesh!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I'm a bit in two minds on it. While I agree with you, I also think "why should she?" I don't know, maybe she's going for the record and then she'll retire.
                                I just think it's very unfair of her not to give Charlie the job that he's entitled to and to which end he has had to dedicate his life *shrugs*

I did but don't know what dose to take so, as usual, dithering. Will order some tonight though, I think. The other night I resorted to good old Night Nurse to nod off. It works a treat but I sleep too much and feel like a zombie the next day.
                                3mg capsules - take one or two 30 minutes before bedtime.

Rant Alert: So... would you walk into a shop, pick up three or four items - a handbag, pair of shoes, nice scarf... then pop them to one side and say "hey don't sell these, I'll have 'em, I'll be back in a week to pay for them." ?
                                Probably not, right. That would be cheeky and... wrong. So why to people think it's OK to do that on ebay? Some cheeky <insert unmentionable name of your choice> on ebay won three of my items on Sunday night, waited until today to say "is it ok if I pay on Saturday?" Er, no actually, no it's not ok, but would have been nice to have been, y'know, asked first BEFORE you bidded on them. Sheesh!
                                Yeah, saw this on FB I'd have said a definite no - she shouldn't have bid on it if she wasn't able to pay straight away I'd offer it to the next highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                                X