Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Woot for LJ!

I just read an article this morning about a teacher from San Antonio (not my district) who had all of the students line up in her kindergarten class and hit a little boy because he was a bully! What the hell was she thinking???? It's okay for HER to be a bully?
    I'm assuming she was sacked immediately? In England she wood have been.

An they're calling me the Evil Queen?
    Last edited by Jumble; 16 June 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

*skips through thread*

Beautiful day in my neighborhood. Hope you're all good!
      sigpic

Comment

It's a process - firing even a bad teacher - but as far as I can tell she's been put on "administrative leave" pending dismissal.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Evening all

Yay! Always such a relief to feel you're settled How's the job going?

*huggles all*
          I LOVE my new job. Of course, I'm not totally off and running yet, but I love all the midwives and the staff has been great about welcoming me into the practice and accepting me. I'm slowly building up a patient panel in the clinic (I'll be up to speed by the end of the month) and am working 2-3 days a week in the labor room, which is also great. I've caught 2 babies so far, and neither was super straight forward, which while sucky in some ways, was good that I could quickly learn where/what my resources are. And moms and babes were fine in the end.

Starting with a new practice is always exhausting, but I'm starting to get my sea legs, as it were. I think I'm going to really like it here. Next I have to look into starting my opera-rock band. I love Cambridge. It has a great energy without the craziness of NYC. And it's a real bikers city, so I am about to buy a bike! Probably tomorrow.

Everyone enjoying their weekends?
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*flops on couch and refuses to move*

Almost bed time for the rug rats. Woot! It has been a full, fun day, but I am ready for them to go to bed and have some "me" time.
            sigpic

Comment

heehee - no matter how much we love 'em, at some point you reach enough for the day!
              sigpic

Comment

heehee - no matter how much we love 'em, at some point you reach enough for the day!
                True that.

Dang, I wish I was going to ComiCon and meeting Joe. *siiiigh* Maybe someday.
                sigpic

Comment

And then there are days when you are up at 2.30am because they are throwing up.

An hour later and Ellie is fitfully sleeping and I'm debating getting up and doing my ironing.....
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Oh poor Ellie and poor you too MR

*hugs the tired Woohoos and the happy-in-their-new-places Woohoos*

Having a good weekend here - spent yesterday afternoon singing in a choir for a wedding, then today my parents and brother are coming up to visit and we're all off out for lunch for fathers' day
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Having a nice relaxing Sunday feels like first one in a long time...catching up on forums and fan fiction. Just wanted to say hi to everyone
                      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

*runs in. Nekkid*
                        *waves*
                        *hugs WooHoos*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Hello lovely Woohoos!
                            I had a wonderful weekend! The air at the cottage is so much fresher than the one in town. It smells of nature everywhere you are. I feel so relaxed. I wish I could go more often.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                            A mama Woohoo is a fierce thing:

I'm in the news here and here.
                            Go LJ! Tell them!

I just read an article this morning about a teacher from San Antonio (not my district) who had all of the students line up in her kindergarten class and hit a little boy because he was a bully! What the hell was she thinking???? It's okay for HER to be a bully?
                            That's horrible! I know there have been studies of that sort, but what gives her the right to bully that poor little boy like that? That's no way to treat anyone.

It's a process - firing even a bad teacher - but as far as I can tell she's been put on "administrative leave" pending dismissal.
                            Glad to hear that at least.

That second one is so true! I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I have some dessert.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            I LOVE my new job. Of course, I'm not totally off and running yet, but I love all the midwives and the staff has been great about welcoming me into the practice and accepting me. I'm slowly building up a patient panel in the clinic (I'll be up to speed by the end of the month) and am working 2-3 days a week in the labor room, which is also great. I've caught 2 babies so far, and neither was super straight forward, which while sucky in some ways, was good that I could quickly learn where/what my resources are. And moms and babes were fine in the end.

Starting with a new practice is always exhausting, but I'm starting to get my sea legs, as it were. I think I'm going to really like it here. Next I have to look into starting my opera-rock band. I love Cambridge. It has a great energy without the craziness of NYC. And it's a real bikers city, so I am about to buy a bike! Probably tomorrow.
                            So happy for you! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            And then there are days when you are up at 2.30am because they are throwing up.
                            *sends hugs to you and Ellie*

End note: Typing with one hand is long and hard. *putting some ice on her left hand* I think after 4 days, it's officially a sprain. If it was only a bruise, it would hurt less by now, no?
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*huggles Woohoos*

Nola actually we still have a phone like that in our house! I never use it but it's still there and working

Yay MoB to hear your job is good! I saw on FB that you bought the new bike! Cool! It's a nice one!

extra *huggles* for MR for Ellie not feeling good!

*huggles Jakie for sprained hand*

Yesterday was the national "labrador" event of the year(over 500 labradors were there) together with doing a show(where we got a good result) I had Tjinta's final health tests done (she had to be tested for 11 different eye diseases ) and they were all good; she is completely healthy! So if all goes well we can breed a certified litter with her somewhere next year (she's still too young now! and I still need to finish some training in that area! )
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jakie for sore thumb*

*high fives Luvnjoe* - WTG Mama Bear

Glad to hear you're all settled in and enjoying the new job MoB

Hope Ellie is better now MR

Well done Tjinta!

I spent most of the week-end snuggled in the Quilt feeling very sorry for myself Saw a different doctor on Friday, had a much more thorough examination and a clearer explanation - seems I do have a frozen shoulder and it can take up to 18 months to get better I'm being referred to another doctor, who will decide whether steroid injections will help. My mood hasn't been improved by the fact that I'm also suffering from Meralgia Paresthetica, meaning I've somehow managed to pinch my left lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which is causing pain and numbness in my left thigh. So really the left side of my body is painful and pretty useless

Poor little me

Comment

Working...
                                X