The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Mom once was asked to take care of a couple of baby plants my brother had in his room and she went and watered them watched them grow. She thought they were very cute. Weeks later we came back from a holiday and they had grown into almost over ripe weed plants. She had no clue until she properly saw the shape of the leaves.

*blinks*
    Um... just for the record. That's perfectly legal here.

Apparently this plant smells remarkably similar and has been known to fool sniffer dogs. Which just makes me want to grow some because I really quite like the smell.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Emerging from the Vail! Had a really amazing vacation.
    Welcome back. Awesomely fabulous to hear you've had a great break (not of limb variety ) Awesome news about your job/time off too. Woohoo!

Congrats on your anniversary Nola! When Andi and I went to see Pat Benatar a couple of weeks ago, she and her husband mentioned that they had just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. Made me realize I likely won't ever be with someone that long. It's a long time!
    Me neither. Not through want of trying, mind. B*****d life. Grr!
    My mum and dad celebrate their 50th at the end of the month. That's still a bit of a mystery to us all really.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I know, they're keeping us hanging aren't they? I wood have thought if it was a 'no', we'd have heard it by now They may now have to skip a year, or make it for the spring rather than autumn - I don't care as long as we get it eventually
    That's largely my thinking at the moment. I think they're keeping the options open but I do think it very unlikely it'll make this year's schedules and, at this point, I'd rather they took their time and planned it than rush to get it out there. I can wait - so long as it's not too long.

Gosh, you're keen I won't be doing any spring cleaning until.......... er....... when's the next WooHooMeet?
    So what you're saying is, we need to come visit as often as possible to make you clean your house. My attitude is largely soddit, you take me as you find me (although I desperately need to scrub the kitchen cupboards inside and out. )

Evening Woohoos. I have missed you a bit. Been trying to lurk but so tired and so busy. Feels like ages since I got on and I've no hope of catching up on more than a couple of pages of posts. I've spent almost every day off over my allotment desperately trying to dig up the couch grass root before it starts sprouting again and get some actual plants in. I tell you if there was a market for couch grass - some kind of delicacy perhaps - I'd be richer than rich! Today I managed to get garlic, onions and spuds in before smashing my thumb up and thus rendering me on enforced garden-rest for at least a week.

Good luck with the op on Wednesday Laurie! I hope it all goes well and you're back to yourself and writing again soon. +++++
    sigpic

Comment

Good Evening WooHoos!

Back at work today. I officially hate my 5th period class. They are such jerks. All my other classes are wonderful kids. Fifth period goes out of their way to be idiots.

Glad to see you back MoB!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Gosh, you're keen I won't be doing any spring cleaning until.......... er....... when's the next WooHooMeet?
        Well my room was a BIG mess so it had to be done. Really dirty! but now all clean again! Feels good!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        I did a bit of cleaning too! But I started with my closet, haha! Getting some old stuff out especially. Then, I went shopping again. Woops. I added a lot of colors to my wardrobe. It feels good!

But I'm not spending a dollar more for the next few weeks.
        Shopping is fun! You spend money so easily but you have to work so hard/long for it...unfair!

My closet is just scary to start with so I'm ignoring it...for now!
        sigpic

Comment

As far as spring cleaning, I already did it (or hired someone to do it for me) because friends coming tomorrow. Next time - when Claire comes for a visit! You can see how much I love doing thorough cleaning.

Doing Happy Dance - got my last and final tax refund from Calif. No more ties to that state and no income tax in Washington (as of now) - but you never know. Next waiting for the feds!

Nola - I so fit right in with today's sayings!

Originally posted by Josiane
          I don't know, but I do wonder what's taking them so long! It's a long time to have our fingers crossed - I know mine are starting to get painful, although I have learnt to type quite well with them in knots
          Hmmm! My fingers are already crossing on my right hand and I don't have to do anything....but it's going away on Wednesday!

However, I agree with Jumble - sounds like a nightmare to me! I want my season 5 of Sanctuary!

Well off to the bank...want to deposit that check before Calif runs out of money! Then off to spend a little of it! But going to be careful because that is going to cover my plane fare and trip to UK in November!
          sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

I seriously need to get my a$$ in here and catch up with you all properly Had a very busy few weeks, and saw my sister and her bloke recently - and he's proposing to her on holiday in the summer so I'm chuffed about that! She seriously has spent her life dating idiots and she's finally met one that has my approval (he has compassion, that isn't a lot to expect in your sisters other half)!

Anywho, hope you're all keeping well (as possible)... and up to date with what Martin and co. are up to these days

Should I still be hopeful for S5 of Sanctuary? Or do I need to move out of denial and into acceptance?

*hugs all round*
            sigpic
            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

*twirls in with good news*
              Whoohoo! I'm a great auntie! My niece had a baby boy on St. Patrick's Day. After 35 hours of induced labor we're considering nicknaming him Lucky.

It's so nice to have good news to share.

Good luck with your surgery Laurie.
              BIG congrats on your milestone wedding anniversary Nola.

*sprinkles huggles for the entire bunch*

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Martin Wood thunking duties.

*twirls out*
              sigpic

Comment

I lovs you!
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

That's largely my thinking at the moment. I think they're keeping the options open but I do think it very unlikely it'll make this year's schedules and, at this point, I'd rather they took their time and planned it than rush to get it out there. I can wait - so long as it's not too long.
                  Ditto

So what you're saying is, we need to come visit as often as possible to make you clean your house. My attitude is largely soddit, you take me as you find me (although I desperately need to scrub the kitchen cupboards inside and out. )
                  Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying

Evening Woohoos. I have missed you a bit. Been trying to lurk but so tired and so busy. Feels like ages since I got on and I've no hope of catching up on more than a couple of pages of posts. I've spent almost every day off over my allotment desperately trying to dig up the couch grass root before it starts sprouting again and get some actual plants in. I tell you if there was a market for couch grass - some kind of delicacy perhaps - I'd be richer than rich! Today I managed to get garlic, onions and spuds in before smashing my thumb up and thus rendering me on enforced garden-rest for at least a week.
                  Ouch Saw the pic on FB Dare I ask what you hit it with?

This from Twitter made me giggle:

"LeeVFX: Building a Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle with my son Wyatt. Where's the Lego Sanctuary? That would be a project!!!”

JenniferJF: @LeeVFX For a Lego Sanctuary just make a big flat wall of green legos and use your imagination.”

Last edited by Jumble; 20 March 2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

*hugs all*

Congrats on being a great auntie again! Estrela

*giggles at the twitter comment* Awesome!

I should be working on my thesis right now, but I don't feel like it. *sigh* Can't focus! I think I'm gonna PS something
                    sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

Another beautiful day for us with warm temperatures outside. Have some cleaning to do in the house and work to do for school, but I'll make sure to have time to take a walk. It's just too beautiful to stay inside.

*hugs Cags and Amy just because*

Estrela - Congrats on your great-auntiedom! And welcome to the world little one!

This from Twitter made me giggle:

"LeeVFX: Building a Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle with my son Wyatt. Where's the Lego Sanctuary? That would be a project!!!”

JenniferJF: @LeeVFX For a Lego Sanctuary just make a big flat wall of green legos and use your imagination.”

Too true.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        Whoohoo! I'm a great auntie! My niece had a baby boy on St. Patrick's Day. After 35 hours of induced labor we're considering nicknaming him Lucky.

It's so nice to have good news to share.

Good luck with your surgery Laurie.
                        BIG congrats on your milestone wedding anniversary Nola.

*sprinkles huggles for the entire bunch*
                        Congrats Great Auntie 'Strela

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Martin Wood thunking duties.

*twirls out*
                        I take issue with this - there is no thunking on this thread There is a lot of appreciation and admiration for our Martin's Awesome directing/producing talents, and possibly a little adoration of his gorgeous eyes, but definitely no thunking!

Although I think I've spotted the occasional bit of drooling

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                          *pops in*

I seriously need to get my a$$ in here and catch up with you all properly Had a very busy few weeks, and saw my sister and her bloke recently - and he's proposing to her on holiday in the summer so I'm chuffed about that! She seriously has spent her life dating idiots and she's finally met one that has my approval (he has compassion, that isn't a lot to expect in your sisters other half)!

Anywho, hope you're all keeping well (as possible)... and up to date with what Martin and co. are up to these days

Should I still be hopeful for S5 of Sanctuary? Or do I need to move out of denial and into acceptance?

*hugs all round*
                          I am still hopeful and will remain so until I hear definitvely from TPTB that there will be no more. However, I am concerned that the longer the decision drags on the harder it will be to pull the whole team (cast and crew) together for season 5. In that business you have to take work when you can get it so many may be committed to other projects by the time season 5 is confirmed.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well, good morning all. Time to shower and get dressed. My friends are arriving around noon. Going to be a fun week except for a minor distraction!
                            Talk to you later tonight! Well you might be all sound asleep and tucked into your beds...but I'll be up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                              *pops in*

*hugs all round*
                              *waves and hugs back*

Join us all in the warm murky waters of denial. You're in great company!
                              but seriously, no, no denial here; just optimism in the face of no reasons not to be.

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

Aw Congratulations Great Auntie! Give Lucky a big squishy huggle from me. Er, not to squishy; babies are delicate you know... well for a little bit anyway.

Ouch Saw the pic on FB Dare I ask what you hit it with?
                              Impressive isn't it? For someone who does not bruise easily either.
                              I hit it with the bolt on a gate. It was being stubborn, refusing to open and I tugged it that little bit harder and it gave way, slammed back with the full force of my not unsubstantial weight behind it straight into my thumb, crushing it between the bolt and the metal gatepost. I was finishing up after planting my garlic and just on my way to pick Benjabubs up from school and all the mums and tiny tots on the way heard - quite loudly - what I thought of it!

I am so going to build that.

Congrats Great Auntie 'Strela

I take issue with this - there is no thunking on this thread There is a lot of appreciation and admiration for our Martin's Awesome directing/producing talents, and possibly a little adoration of his gorgeous eyes, but definitely no thunking!

Although I think I've spotted the occasional bit of drooling
                              Are you sure that's drool?

Aaaand we're back there.

*huggles Laurie* I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping everything goes well for Operation Bionic Hand.
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats on Great-Aunthood! New babies are terrific.

Oh no! about the thumb. I hate smashing one of my fingers or thumb - the bruise goes right through.

We had a wicked bad storm last night. Brought down half a tree next door onto my husband's old truck. Unfortunately, weather is one of my migraine triggers, and I've been fighting with this one for two days. I gave up this afternoon and got a substitute at school and came home. I'm going to sleep in just a bit,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X