No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about easily confused... you just changed your sig didn't you......
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Talk about easily confused... you just changed your sig didn't you......
      I did! I try to remember to change it every day - oh how I miss sig-rotation

Comment

Monsoon

Spoiler:
        Is in awe! Always love these eps where both paralel stories are so freaking awesome! Loved the funny side of Henry/Will/Abby craziness! Also, the ping/pong of Will/Abby relationship that doesn't leave us hanging for a long time. Really great. As for Helen's stories, that's always great. Especially liked the moment when she activated the EM pulse, the girl knocked her out and then she's stumbling... such feeling of loneliness and vulnerability. And she kissed a girl!!! Can't say I didn't expect it cause there was such an uproar on fb and other places that I knew it happened... was a little annoyed that I was spoiled for it...

Finished working, free as a bird. Now I might finish the exams and graduate in a timely manner. I need to make a short, artistic movie, anyone have any ideas????

Edit: and GW is back to blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOpe it stays this way! Much much better!
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Monsoon

Spoiler:
          Is in awe! Always love these eps where both paralel stories are so freaking awesome! Loved the funny side of Henry/Will/Abby craziness! Also, the ping/pong of Will/Abby relationship that doesn't leave us hanging for a long time. Really great. As for Helen's stories, that's always great. Especially liked the moment when she activated the EM pulse, the girl knocked her out and then she's stumbling... such feeling of loneliness and vulnerability. And she kissed a girl!!! Can't say I didn't expect it cause there was such an uproar on fb and other places that I knew it happened... was a little annoyed that I was spoiled for it...

Finished working, free as a bird. Now I might finish the exams and graduate in a timely manner. I need to make a short, artistic movie, anyone have any ideas????

Edit: and GW is back to blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOpe it stays this way! Much much better!
          Yay! Good for you And good luck with the exams

I prefer the blue too - which pretty much guarantees that it will go back to black any day now

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I prefer the blue too - which pretty much guarantees that it will go back to black any day now
            Thanks!

Don't say that!!! I really didn't like it when it turned black... *crosses fingers*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              Thanks!

Don't say that!!! I really didn't like it when it turned black... *crosses fingers*
              When I asked about the clock thing someone mentioned to blue background - apparently they put the darker background in when SGU started to fit in with the darker theme of the program - now it's finished they've reverted to original 'GW blue', they don't seem to have any intention of changing it again soon
              sigpic

Comment

When I asked about the clock thing someone mentioned to blue background - apparently they put the darker background in when SGU started to fit in with the darker theme of the program - now it's finished they've reverted to original 'GW blue', they don't seem to have any intention of changing it again soon
                Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooood! That's good news!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, thank you for that! Very good news indeed It's so much easier on the eyes this way

Comment

Oh, thank you for that! Very good news indeed It's so much easier on the eyes this way
                    I knew my general thread lurking would come in useful at some point!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning WooHoos!

Yes, the clock is off- probably will be for about a week as timezones reset.
                      I like the new/old blue background - much happier.

I have to agree with the general sentiment expressed by Jumble and MR re: Monsoon.

And today's bit of wisdom - applicable to each and every one!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Good morning WooHoos!

Yes, the clock is off- probably will be for about a week as timezones reset.
                        I like the new/old blue background - much happier.

I have to agree with the general sentiment expressed by Jumble and MR re: Monsoon.

And today's bit of wisdom - applicable to each and every one!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../myfriends.jpg
                        Fantastic Nola, may I just add a little to that?.......

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic Nola, may I just add a little to that?.......

[IMG]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/bestfriend.jpg[/IM]
                          Is that for the WooHoos who have a few glasses of wine? Love it!
                          sigpic

Comment

GE Blue! GW Blue! HooHah!

Ah yes. Good friends help you move, great friends help you move the body
                            Love that one.

*hugs WooHoos*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

Long time no see.

I have been away for a bit as life has gotten overly busy.
                              Spoilered for long OT
                              Spoiler:
                              So here is why I have been away for so long. Life has gotten very complicated and stressful. Some of this is old news and some is new so here goes.
                              1. August 26, 2011 - Charmaine has a stroke. In hospital for a few days but makes a full recovery after losing the whole left side of her body.
                              2. Char was denied unemployment but was granted an appeal hearing for September 26, 2011. In the meantime she continues to look for a job.
                              3. September 26, 2011 Char in on her way to the hearing and has a seizure while driving. End result a car accident involving another car.
                              4. The state trooper on scene gets his info from the insurance card, which is in my name and puts me down as the driver. I don't discover this until later.
                              5. While in the emergency room Char suffers a second stroke. She also broke her arm in the accident and hit her head. She spends a week in ICU after coming thisclose to dieing in the emergency room.
                              6. We have no health insurance so the orthopedic sets her arm in a temporary cast and tells her that when she leaves she needs to "find someone to take of that" since it requires surgery. It is a "for profit" hospital so after a week in ICU they send her to a regular room in the evening and the next morning she is released. Nothing in the release forms say anything involving follow ups, what to do about the arm other than don't drive or try to lift anything.
                              7. We applied for emergency medicaid on August 26 when she had the first stroke and applied again on Sept 26 after the accident. We were turned down because, and here is the hysterically fumy part, I make too much money! Now that we have close to $70,000 in medical bills we were able to reapply because , you know, we might actually be in need of assistance. We are still waiting to hear from them.
                              8. It's been a month since this happened and Char still needs the surgery on her arm and needs to see a neurologist because of the strokes and seizures.
                              9. I called so many hospitals, medical facilities, even the ones who supposedly help people like us and was told that they couldn't do anything and that it is the responsibility of the original hospital to fix the arm. I called them and the response was "not without an insurance card".
                              10. We were supposed to leave for Disney World on October 25th and come back on November 3rd. Needless to say that did not happen. Instead I am trying to survive on my income. This isn't going so well since one of Char's new meds is $223 a month and the special RX card doesn't cover it and we have yet to find a generic form.
                              I am behind on the rent but grateful that my landlord has known us for so long and is a good guy.
                              11. I work all day and some evenings and then come home and have to clean the apartment, cook dinner, run errands, take care of the cats and Char as she needs a lot of help. Her arm makes it difficult for her to do some things and her mind is different as well. She is not the Charmaine she used to be and she needs much more help than she used to need. She has difficulty comprehending things and she has difficulty articulating things. It's frustrating for her because she knows what she wants to say but it just doesn't come out the way she is thinking it. Because of this and other preexisting conditions she is going on disability, or at least we have applied for her. Now we wait and see what the governments response will be.
                              12. My car was totaled but the insurance covered it. The accident was Char's fault (medical reason of course) so the insurance will cover the other person involved. She was not seriously injured. That God for that!
                              13. Because the trooper didn't look at Char's license and went by the info on the insurance card and put me as the driver my license was suspended until I could prove I was neurologically sound to drive! Meanwhile Char, with a broken arm and the aftereffects of the stroke, still had her license. The running joke around here was that I would have her take me where I needed to go.
                              14. After a week of going back and forth the trooper admitted his mistake and reinstated my license and took Char's. She now has a brand spanking new picture ID and is no longer interested in driving. In fact she is terrified of the thought.

So anyway that is life at the moment. I haven't caught up on the thread so I hope everyone is okay.
                              Because I was offline for so long I was probably the only one who did not see the ending of Monsoon coming. As for that ending:
                              Spoiler:
                              *swoon*

*hugles*
                              Bree
                              sigpic

Comment

Overly busy is an understatement! Sending lots of hugs and good vibes for both you and Char. I hope that everything works out with the government - my daughter had to go on disability too and it's ridiculous the number of hoops they make you go through to prove it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X