No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my recent computer problem (fighting with ps) I thought this was appropriate...
    sigpic

Comment

Appropriate indeed Nola

Oh - UKers and anybody else that needs to.......

DON'T FORGET TO PUT YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT!!!
      Last edited by Jumble; 29 October 2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

*hugs Jann and Oma*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Heh

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I know

It's ridiculous Watch say there are legalities to iron out - which I also don't understand because they had S3, what could be so different?
        *shrugs*

Which explains a LOT!

I heard the other day that in the Netherlands it is illegal to smoke normal cigarettes in a cafe, but legal to smoke them on the street. Fair enough! But it is legal to smoke wacky backy in a cafe, but illegal to smoke it on the street! Very confusing
        Hm... Sort of?

It *is* illegal to smoke in a cafe, but exceptions are made in those where only one person stands behind the bar. We also can't smoke on train platforms, unless you stand next to a ''smoking pole'' (I did not make that up ).
        Do the Dutch follow those rules? Mostly not.
        The smoking of weed is different, maybe because coffee shops aren't really cafes. Sure coffee is present, but it's not quite the main draw. And because technically smoking weed is illegal (we only allow it) on the street (again, we do not follow those rules) it's better to open the cafe for smoking. Which isn't really fully allowed either, because you can buy a small amount of pot, but growing and transporting it is technically illegal too.
        Ergo. Weed sellers sell illegally obtained substance to people who aren't allowed to smoke it, but who can pass a police officer and wave hello without getting in trouble.

EDIT: Plus, the smoking ban is only for products containing tabacco. Pure marijuana has no tabacco. Mixed weed and tabacco joints aren't allowed either
        Last edited by DutchIndeed; 29 October 2011, 05:10 PM.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nola, I love that flowchart. I have actually given it to people to try and reduce the amount of times they ask me for computer help

Monsoon
          Spoiler:
          Loved it, lots of fun and action and some great lines. Also really hooked you in well with wanting to know the answer and how it would all work out, nicely done.

I was a major Abby hater from last season, mostly because she seemed to be there just to be the silly girl needing rescuing in those couple of really bad episodes. However I am warming to her now - she's being used in the way she should be and I agree that they are also finally starting to let Will grow up and behave like a man again, like way back in the beginning. Much better

As for the kiss, I saw it coming a mile off but it worked. But then I'm totally a multishipper with Helen (unless you try to ship her with Will or any of the other Sanctuary "kids" *shudder*) so it's all good with me I'm at the inevitable fuss it seems to have kicked up among some portions of fandom.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            *huggles Jann* I think of you at least 3 times a week when I see your double picking up her little brother from school I swear, she could be your twin!!
            I have a double I'm not unique anymore? Drat

But good to see you're thinking of me now I want a picture of my double

Unfortunately, I'm living up to my WooHoo name atm - I'm the AWOL one In fact, I'm so much The AWOL WooHoo that I didn't realise I wasn't even on the list until today
            tsk tsk...thus to change your name you should be on more often! I think nobody will have a problem with that

Lovely!

There are other pics as well that one? Have you got a link?
            Jus the two pictures. The one Sil incorporated in her sig and the one I have. That's it sadly enough...I also wish they were on higher quality, but oh well...I'll live

The problem with Twitter is that people that I follow re-tweet comments from others that I don't, so I end up seeing things from people that I don't know (and probably woodn't want to), so unless I un-follow ....... you get the gist? I guess it's just best not to go there from Thursday until I've seen the ep
            I get it..but see I don't see those comments on FB from "others" I see them from the ones in my friend list I don't mind people putting it in their "comment" section because I can then skip over it, but putting it blabantly in my face. No thanks.

Also not going on FB isn't an option since I also use it a lot for school.

After my recent computer problem (fighting with ps) I thought this was appropriate...
            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...heat-sheet.jpg
            Awesome! I should print that and put it on my mom's and dad's laptops. Perhaps that will save me a few headaches.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Nola, I love that flowchart. I have actually given it to people to try and reduce the amount of times they ask me for computer help

Monsoon
              Spoiler:
              Loved it, lots of fun and action and some great lines. Also really hooked you in well with wanting to know the answer and how it would all work out, nicely done.

I was a major Abby hater from last season, mostly because she seemed to be there just to be the silly girl needing rescuing in those couple of really bad episodes. However I am warming to her now - she's being used in the way she should be and I agree that they are also finally starting to let Will grow up and behave like a man again, like way back in the beginning. Much better

As for the kiss, I saw it coming a mile off but it worked. But then I'm totally a multishipper with Helen (unless you try to ship her with Will or any of the other Sanctuary "kids" *shudder*) so it's all good with me I'm at the inevitable fuss it seems to have kicked up among some portions of fandom.
              Agree on everything. I've already watched the ep twice and am sorely tempted to watch a third time which will put it up there with most watched.

Plan for tomorrow: ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) from 9:30-5 and then I am planning to grab the boy by the hair and drag him to my cave. New job unit orientation on Monday at 8am.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Just the two pictures. The one Sil incorporated in her sig and the one I have. That's it sadly enough...I also wish they were on higher quality, but oh well...I'll live
                I'd seen the one you used, but not the one in Sil's sig - anybody got a link to that?

Comment

I'd seen the one you used, but not the one in Sil's sig - anybody got a link to that?
                  Here you go.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hello! Spending a quiet Saturday night at home, just me and the sound asleep cats (their normal state). Talked with my sister-in-law who had to get through yesterday (my brother's birthday) but fortunately with friends. I finally have all the pictures hung now, all the "souvenirs" posted and most everything put away. There are a few little things that need sorting out.....but there always something! I am now officially totally moved in! YEAH!

Looking forward to tomorrow night when the little munchins come around. This will be the first time in decades where I will have a few trick or treaters! Have my skeleton on the door so they know they can come a knocking! Best thing about Halloween is the little ones in costumes. Don't expect more than a few, but it will be fun....oh just thought of something....I better stay dressed! Knew there had to be a downside!

Oma - glad to see you come around. Miss not having you post!

Jumble - Those pictures of Amanda are great, especially the full body one! Really sharp!

Josiane and Nola -
                    Spoiler:
                    I totally agree that Will is improving this season, more maturity although he did slip a little this week - but not too much! As for Abby, last season she was a little (or alot) to cutsie....now she is strutting her stuff more and standing up for herself......much better. Although I never didn't like her, just was a little too much at times! And I agree, Amanda (or Helen) is a multishipper type of person...after all she is now about 280 years old and as long as she doesn't play with the children I am fine with whomever else she does want to play with and why not. After all those years, I hope she has had a little fun in her life! Chasing bad guys is a real kick, but a nice little side dish can't hurt anyone! So to those that object, remember this is television and it reflects the times. And, Helen is suppose to be a free thinker.

MoB - have fun with your ACLS!

Starlover - I remember someone told me I had a double when I went to SF State. Her hair was a different color (her's red, mine light brown - at the time), she had curly shorter hair (mine was almost to my waist and fairly straight), brown eyes (mine are green), and she was about 4 inches taller - oh yeah a real close look alike. Found out the reason she said it was because the girl had slightly higher cheekbones as do I (sort of). Oh we are also both female and caucasions. Go figure!

DutchIndeed - Me thinks your laws were made by people smoking broccoli!

Nolamom - As a former IS person - sometimes that was all you could do because when you tried to explain (which I always did) you would get blank stare! In spite of that, for some reason I was the one everyone use to call to help fix their pc's And even though I had gone way past that on the food chain and had my own minions to send out, there were certain people I would alway try and help in person......I enjoyed getting out and talking with the "people"!

So after that long diatribe - I bid you all a good night!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Thanks

Hm. GW is showing the wrong time, I guess because the clocks went back last night
                      Last edited by Jumble; 30 October 2011, 04:23 AM.

Comment

I didn’t comment on Monsoon after I watched it last night because I was so angry – I decided I’d sleep on it before saying anything, but I’m still pretty ticked off this morning

Ok, Monsoon

Spoiler:
                        I consider this to be one of the most intriguing, well written, well conceived, well acted (and directed ) and enjoyable episodes so far.

I must admit, I did suspect that Richard was not quite what he seemed very early on, and it was obvious to me that Charlotte was hiding something. Both actors did their jobs extremely well and kept me guessing almost to the end as to exactly what was going on with them.

The baddies being abnormals was a surprise, and interesting ones at that - very well done. I found it odd that they hadn’t heard of Magnus – surely every abnormal in the world knows who she is? But that wood have ruined the plot

LOVED the return of the Steno

So we had an intriguing, fast-moving plot, awesome bad guys/abnormals, lots of kick-ass Magnus, great B story, loads of action, big explosion (Martin does love his big bangs ) – an altogether brilliant ep IMO

Oh, and Magnus kissed a girl.

Which apparently is all this episode was about for the majority of fans that I’ve seen comment. I find that quite insulting to all the work and talent that went into the other 43 minutes and 50 seconds.

/rant.

Comment

Thanks

Hm. GW is showing the wrong time, I guess because the clocks went back last night
                          I queried that yesterday..... something to do with the servers taking time to catch up with all the time zone changes apparently

Oh, and totally agree with you re: Monsoon

Spoiler:

The whole episode was brilliantly acted and perfectly acted. The ending kinda destroyed it for me, not because I have anything against it, but because it sort of (unfairly) overshadowed all the brilliant scenes that had come before it - if that makes any sense?
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            I queried that yesterday..... something to do with the servers taking time to catch up with all the time zone changes apparently
                            It's even more wrong now - two hours ahead instead of the one it was earlier Maybe the server has corrected it in the wrong direction

Oh, and totally agree with you re: Monsoon

Spoiler:

The whole episode was brilliantly acted and perfectly acted. The ending kinda destroyed it for me, not because I have anything against it, but because it sort of (unfairly) overshadowed all the brilliant scenes that had come before it - if that makes any sense?
                            Monsoon

Spoiler:
                            Makes perfect sense - I could have saved myself a lot of typing if I'd thought of putting it just like that

Comment

It's even more wrong now - two hours ahead instead of the one it was earlier Maybe the server has corrected it in the wrong direction
                              The clock's been out by 2 hours since yesterday for me... and it could take until all the time zones change to reset (maybe earlier) and some aren't until next week, as I said yesterday not so much a problem as confusing for me

Monsoon

Spoiler:
                              Makes perfect sense - I could have saved myself a lot of typing if I'd thought of putting it just like that
                              But I bet the rant was fun!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                The clock's been out by 2 hours since yesterday for me... and it could take until all the time zones change to reset (maybe earlier) and some aren't until next week, as I said yesterday not so much a problem as confusing for me
                                Technology is awesome isn't it?

But I bet the rant was fun!!!
                                I guess so

Comment

Working...
                                X