The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    I love it how you sometimes catch up on the thread, just to end up having a song stuck in your head without having heard it, because you *know* it's too darn sticky.
    Thanks Cags...
    Yeah, me too

As for the documentary... I think we must all move to Canada.
    WooHoo-ism is just hard in Europe.
    *nods*

*hugs WooHoos*
    True

*thinks*

Maybe we just need to get MoB to record everything for us once she moves to Van

No good asking EH-T - total Luddite

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Yeah, me too
      ''Through the mirror of my mind... Time after time...I see reflections of you and me. Woo! Reflections of...''

True

*thinks*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

''Through the mirror of my mind... Time after time...I see reflections of you and me. Woo! Reflections of...''
        Thanks for that

It's true! It's her middle name

Gah! I'm so ticked off with the constant stream of unwanted phonecalls I get - five, count them - FIVE in the last hour As if I have time to 'answer a few survey questions' on a subject I neither know nor care about, especially since I just KNOW that once I've answered them it'll turn into the usual sales pitch And NO, I have never paid indemnity insurance on a loan, so I can't apply for it to be refunded now that the government has declared it illegal And NO, I don't believe you can get me my car insurance/gas/electricity/house insurance/life insurance cheaper - I do, believe it or not, have enough sense and intelligence to check for myself through this new-fangled thing..... oh what's it called?...... oh yes - THE INTERNET!!! Nor do I want to build an extension (despite my need for more walls to hang pictures on ), I already HAVE a conservatory and my windows and doors are already double-glazed. Oh, and I already have plastic guttering, AND my own driveway (a little weed-ridden, 'tis true, but I can fix that myself....... when I get around to it ), so why oh why do these people insist on ringing several times a week and ALWAYS at mealtimes?? You'd think, woodn't you, that on experiencing my less than enthusiastic, and often less than polite, responses they'd cross me off their damn lists? Woodn't you? But no, they just pass the lists to someone else so that they can pester and irritate me all over again the next day

*takes a breath*

/rant

*looks at wall*

*huggles Martin*

Now I feel better

Comment

*blinks*
          But woodn't it be fun if you got the ''enlarge'' spam over the phone, though?

*hugs*
          They love calling during mealtimes. At least people are at home. Sales people get lonely too you know...
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*blinks*
            But woodn't it be fun if you got the ''enlarge'' spam over the phone, though?

That wood at least make for a more interesting conversation

*hugs*
            They love calling during mealtimes. At least people are at home. Sales people get lonely too you know...
            I know, and I always used to be polite, but it gets to the point where I just think it's a diabolical liberty to invade people's privacy on a five-times-daily basis and expect them not to complain. My phone number is ex-directory, yet it seems to be available to an entire world of time-wasting companies that somehow think they have the right to disrupt my day

I did have a nice chat with a guy from EON once - he heard the children playing in the background and started telling me that he was a single dad with a two-year-old boy who was the absolute light of his life, and what a joy children are! I also got the usual 'you don't sound old enough to be a grandmother' line - he said I sounded about 35

Comment

I see Joe has finally got himself back to Vancouver - hopefully he'll be happier now

Comment

1. Um... wasn't that February 2011?

2. You let Josi drink beer??

3. Glad to hear you had a good time, and don't worry, you definitely won't be short of visitors once you move to Van
                1. Oops! In my defense, it was late.

2. I live on the edge.

3. Counting on that.

Heh. I will try. We'll see what my cable options are. I am going to try to spend less time and money on TV.

Thanks for that

It's true! It's her middle name

Gah! I'm so ticked off with the constant stream of unwanted phonecalls I get - five, count them - FIVE in the last hour As if I have time to 'answer a few survey questions' on a subject I neither know nor care about, especially since I just KNOW that once I've answered them it'll turn into the usual sales pitch And NO, I have never paid indemnity insurance on a loan, so I can't apply for it to be refunded now that the government has declared it illegal And NO, I don't believe you can get me my car insurance/gas/electricity/house insurance/life insurance cheaper - I do, believe it or not, have enough sense and intelligence to check for myself through this new-fangled thing..... oh what's it called?...... oh yes - THE INTERNET!!! Nor do I want to build an extension (despite my need for more walls to hang pictures on ), I already HAVE a conservatory and my windows and doors are already double-glazed. Oh, and I already have plastic guttering, AND my own driveway (a little weed-ridden, 'tis true, but I can fix that myself....... when I get around to it ), so why oh why do these people insist on ringing several times a week and ALWAYS at mealtimes?? You'd think, woodn't you, that on experiencing my less than enthusiastic, and often less than polite, responses they'd cross me off their damn lists? Woodn't you? But no, they just pass the lists to someone else so that they can pester and irritate me all over again the next day

*takes a breath*

/rant

*looks at wall*

*huggles Martin*

Now I feel better
                Tis why I love caller ID.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  1. Oops! In my defense, it was late.
                  That's what they all say.........

2. I live on the edge.
                  That's what they all say........

3. Counting on that.
                  So are we

Heh. I will try. We'll see what my cable options are. I am going to try to spend less time and money on TV.
                  As long as you get Space and CBC

Tis why I love caller ID.
                  'Not available in this area' is what they keep telling me

Comment

I use a LOT, and not just for Martinpics - I'm always printing out pics of the kids to put up and to give to their parents

Dianne Carruthers-Wood made a documentary about the ship their daughter was on when it sank - Abandon Ship: The Sinking of The SV Concordia. Here's a trailer. *tissue warning*

Jumble
                    - That must have been pretty intense...really good trailer. Will we be able to see the whole film somehow? I would like to see what happened?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

Jumble
                      - That must have been pretty intense...really good trailer. Will we be able to see the whole film somehow? I would like to see what happened?
                      Might be easier for you to see it than us - I'm trying to find out

Comment

Might be easier for you to see it than us - I'm trying to find out
                        But I don't get Canadian tv here. Only in one place did I get it and that was the CBC channel....but I don't have that cable company anymore! I have to struggle along without it just like the rest of you....I do get BBCA - and I get all they offer!

Uhoh - hearing complaints - better go feed the cats. See ya all later!
                        sigpic

Comment

1. As long as you get Space and CBC

2. 'Not available in this area' is what they keep telling me
                          1. Well, if not, I can bribe friends who do.

2. WOW. Even the rural area where I grew up has it. Crazy.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Oh one quick question for all - I was on twitter and there is a lot of chatter about some ugly rumor about Amanda and the stunt guy BamBam. I don't know what it is about but they are really complaining about whoever started it....anyone know what that is about? I know curiousity killed the kitty....what can I say!
                            sigpic

Comment

But I don't get Canadian tv here. Only in one place did I get it and that was the CBC channel....but I don't have that cable company anymore! I have to struggle along without it just like the rest of you....I do get BBCA - and I get all they offer!

Uhoh - hearing complaints - better go feed the cats. See ya all later!
                              Sorry, showing my ignorance I guess I thought there wood be some crossovers since you're on the same continent I think it was made for CBC.... but that doesn't help if you don't get it now

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              1. Well, if not, I can bribe friends who do.

2. WOW. Even the rural area where I grew up has it. Crazy.
                              This is the UK, back of beyond

Oh one quick question for all - I was on twitter and there is a lot of chatter about some ugly rumor about Amanda and the stunt guy BamBam. I don't know what it is about but they are really complaining about whoever started it....anyone know what that is about? I know curiousity killed the kitty....what can I say!
                              No idea, but I woodn't take it seriously. Didn't she and her husband just celebrate their anniversary? Not that that wood mean much to some people, but I bet it does to her

Comment

This is for Jumble- she'll understand! Mt Rushmoor.jpg

click on it to enlarge it! My US friends will appreciate it as well!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X