The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Have you seen the pics of the devastation caused by the rioters in Tottenham? Sickening
    It's absolutely disgusting. They're at it in Hackney now - got a couple of friends there holed up in their flat at the moment to afraid to go out

Comment

Jumble - check you inbox!

And what happened in Tottenham? - Please don't say it was over sports!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        It's absolutely disgusting. They're at it in Hackney now - got a couple of friends there holed up in their flat at the moment to afraid to go out
        How do they think destroying the city is going to help them get what they want?

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Jumble - check you inbox!

And what happened in Tottenham? - Please don't say it was over sports!
        See here.

You need to upload your sig to GW, the rotator does't work anymore

Comment

See here.

You need to upload your sig to GW, the rotator does't work anymore
          I've been trying and it doesn't seem to want to work. I know I'm doing something wrong....I just don't know what!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            They were perfect. Super-easy to find with your help.

Given how humble he appears to be about that kind of thing, you're probably right. But he probably has an inkling. The look on your face says it all. You are positively radiant.
            Totally awestruck/starstruck more like But I'll never ever forget how that hug felt or how lovely he was to me throughout the con and set tour

I've been trying and it doesn't seem to want to work. I know I'm doing something wrong....I just don't know what!
            I'll pm you

Comment

Told you

By the way, did Nad explain to you about the initiation ceremony? No?

Oh dear...............
              Does Nad ever?

*shrugs* I'm sure it'll spark the comment: ''It seemed like a good idea at the time...''
              People do stupid things when they feel that they're right and everyone else is wrong
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                Does Nad ever?

*shrugs* I'm sure it'll spark the comment: ''It seemed like a good idea at the time...''
                People do stupid things when they feel that they're right and everyone else is wrong
                None of them know what really happened to the guy that died, except those that were there at the time

Most of the looters were nothing to do with the protest - they just took advantage of the situation, smashing their way into shops and businesses and stealing everything they could whilst the police were busy trying to protect the firefighters who were trying to limit the damage caused by the arsonists I'm not one for old buildings and history, but to watch them being destroyed in such a mindless, barbaric manner was, like I said, sickening

Comment

Does Nad ever?

Right and wrong has nothing to do with it.....you get carried away with what is happening and you become part of a "crowd" mentality.....which means stupidity. You have no care about whose life you are destroying by destroying the property. It doesn't matter. I've seen it happen with a friend of mine who advocated peace during the Viet Nam war but got so worked up after listening to an idiot advocating burning any gov't building from city to federal. Appently it didn't matter who the victim was just destroy. It took her mother and I almost four hours to talk her down. And this was peace loving hippy type who didn't even eat meat because she didn't want to hurt animals, but I guess humans don't count!

Thanks Jumble, sig is now there!
                  Last edited by llp; 08 August 2011, 10:22 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

None of them know what really happened to the guy that died, except those that were there at the time

Most of the looters were nothing to do with the protest - they just took advantage of the situation, smashing their way into shops and businesses and stealing everything they could whilst the police were busy trying to protect the firefighters who were trying to limit the damage caused by the arsonists I'm not one for old buildings and history, but to watch them being destroyed in such a mindless, barbaric manner was, like I said, sickening
                    Right and wrong has nothing to do with it.....you get carried away with what is happening and you become part of a "crowd" mentality.....which means stupidity. You have no care about whose life you are destroying by destroying the property. It doesn't matter. I've seen it happen with a friend of mine who advocated peace during the Viet Nam war but got so worked up after listening to an idiot advocating burning any gov't building from city to federal. Appently it didn't matter who the victim was just destroy. It took her mother and I almost four hours to talk her down. And this was peace loving hippy type who didn't even eat meat because she didn't want to hurt animals, but I guess humans don't count!

Thanks Jumble, sig is now there!
                    Right. But the crowd sees it's behaviour as the right thing. It doesn't matter why, look at the sports riots, look at this. There was a spark of something that started it, but somewhere along the lines it all became about following the hive. A lot of them (the followers) do believe that they're fighting for the cause, even if they wood normally be able to see it's dumb. They lose sight of that. It's ''for the killed kid'' or ''against the other guys''. I do believe that there are but few people who know it's just about the riot and those are the people who started to let things go this far...

Laurie, well done on the sig!
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Jumble, I love those pictures so much! Like MoB says, they always make me smile

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      That's awesome Jumble! But I'm hungry now.
                      See, I really need to go to AT6. I want to go to Anderson's with all of you since you're all talking about it so much.
                      You do! It would be awesome to meet you too!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Well, it was such an important moment to capture. Thank llp for giving me a camera so I had one to capture the moment (my old one had died). What you could not see (because you only had eyes for Martin) was the huge smiles on our faces because we were so thrilled for you.
                      Likewise the huge smiles on all our faces when we saw that pic!
                      And there were a few tears too...

*hugs your friends* Hope they're OK. It's just awful. What happened in Tottenham was disgusting enough, but the way certain morons all over London seem to have taken it as an excuse to go on the rampage too is just unbelievable
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sadly, we are aware of the riots in London as they have made the news here.

Have never understood, nor do I buy, the mob mentality argument. You either know right from wrong or you don't. Being part of a group does not change that.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Quick question to not break GW...
                          What did we decide on WooHoodStock festival dates? Was it the regular 15, 16 and 17th?

*looks around*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Sadly, we are aware of the riots in London as they have made the news here.

Have never understood, nor do I buy, the mob mentality argument. You either know right from wrong or you don't. Being part of a group does not change that.
                            It's just crazy. They have spread to Birmingham and now apparently to where I live, Leeds although can't get a confirmation of that yet - just rumours on Twitter.

We're supposed to be holding the greatest sporting event in this country next year. After this, who is going to want to come?

Comment

Stay safe, London-area peeps.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Quick question to not break GW...
                                What did we decide on WooHoodStock festival dates? Was it the regular 15, 16 and 17th?

*looks around*
                                I think so... Sounds good to me, anyway!

It's just crazy. They have spread to Birmingham and now apparently to where I live, Leeds although can't get a confirmation of that yet - just rumours on Twitter.

We're supposed to be holding the greatest sporting event in this country next year. After this, who is going to want to come?
                                It's scary how this is spreading Hope it's just rumours and isn't actually going to kick off in Leeds too. I'm watching the footage on BBC News 24 right now - utterly horrifying and I just feel so sad to see this happen
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X