No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! What's with GW lately? Refused my password again and then locked me out

And of course the MQ function isn't working

Thanks for the huggles, I'm feeling a little better today

Bree, yes I do have a tv in my bedroom and did spend most of yesterday listening to Martin commentaries

*squishy huggles Bekki* Hope you feel better soon

EH-T, you're right, it's been difficult for us all, but I'm sure we're back on track now - can't wait to see Normandy!!

Laurie, go to bed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Finally! What's with GW lately? Refused my password again and then locked me out

And of course the MQ function isn't working

Thanks for the huggles, I'm feeling a little better today

Bree, yes I do have a tv in my bedroom and did spend most of yesterday listening to Martin commentaries

*squishy huggles Bekki* Hope you feel better soon

EH-T, you're right, it's been difficult for us all, but I'm sure we're back on track now - can't wait to see Normandy!!

Laurie, go to bed!!!!

Yes maam!
      sigpic

Comment

Morning all!

I have a bit of a benadryl hangover this morning, but at least I look less like someone punched me in the face. Crazy allergies.

Saw some off-off bway theater last night. It was rather rocky, but my friend was great, as he always is, so it was fun to see him. Bookended it with some lovely vegan cuisine before, and pinkberry after. My roommate found it easy to believe that I had dinner at the vegan place with my midwifery class after we finished taking our comp exams.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        It has been hard for me (with the two date night episodes) to have been critical of Sanctuary over the last few weeks. I love this show and I love the people who make this show. I have no idea if TPTB read this or any other forum but no one likes to see their work criticized and it is not generally my nature to be negative. Yet, this is the reality of the entertainment industry. Also, I would hope knowing whether fans like/dislike a particular character or theme will be taken into consideration in future planning.

So it was with great joy that I say how much I loved Awakening. This is the Sanctuary we all know and love. The clever, funny script, the fabulous characters, the quirky family that is Sanctuary.

Spoiler:
        I'll start with the B story. I understand the need for B stories in this business. We have certainly seen it with Stargate and Sanctuary in the past. I liked the B story. Firstly, it had to do with the Sanctuary regulars (although I did miss Henry). I like that Kate's past still comes up. In some ways I felt her transformation to Sanctuary good-guy was a little too quick in season 2. In addition, we got back the Will of old. Enjoyed his discussion with Kate.

As for the A story, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It was fabulous! I, like most of you, love Tesla. But it is not just Tesla. While his interactions with the other characters are also good it is the Helen-Tesla interaction that I enjoy the most. AT and JY are so wonderful together, I would love to see them do a comedy together someday. Such great banter. Kudos to the writing and the performances.

My favourite lines were the simple "Hi" "Hi" after Tesla returned to help Helen. Perfectly said. Something as simple as that I just loved.

Loved Helen's concern for Tesla and that he kept up his annoying comments to the (near) end.

I thought the chatter between them was so great once the Vampire Queen appeared.

Great moments between the Queen and Helen as well.

Lots of LOL moments for me in this ep, in particular the scene of Tesla sliding down the wall of the pit after his second attempt to jump out.

For the first time in a couple of weeks, I re-watched the episode right away.

Well done Sanctuary team!
        100% agree with you here. I think it's hard for anyone who loves a show to be critical of it. Especially since TPTB are so open with the fans about their work. As Laurie mentioned, the biggest problem with Sanctuary (if you can call it a problem) is that when it's good, it's GREAT. So when they fall, it's a long drop.

I must confess that I have a few friends who write for TV, all of whom are extremely talented, some of whom are very successful, others who are still struggling. So I do get how a great writer can write a bad episode. None of us are 'on' all the time. I'm glad to see that it was just a bump in the road.

Have I mentioned that I'm beyond stoked for "Normandy?" O.M.G.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
        OMG I am so excited! I haven't been to NY for 10 years! We've got to make some plans! Museums, a show (or ballet!), pizza, bagels, Apple store...
        Yeehaw! (sorry, I was feeling the need to use the pony emoticon!) I am at your disposal. Txt/email me with your wish list. YAY!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

So it's May 22. Is everyone still here?

sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*bounces for everyone about to do fun things*
            *did not mean to make it sound like ...that*

*has not been raptured (how icky does that sound? ) and now awaits 2012*

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo.....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I just (finally ) watched the season finale of Bones and....and...and...........

............http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y...eys/hearts.gif ..................

and...........................http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/bigfaint.gif...........................

I'm okay.....I'm oooooooooooooookaaaay...........

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y...ys/thfaint.gif
            Jeez... Fangurls.
            *shakes head*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Howdy. Well after a nice little 7 hour nap I'm up and ready to go.....no wait, Jumble doesn't come until next weekend. Hmmmmm. That means I have spare time on my hands. Uh-oh, hmmmmm, now what do I want to do!

Wine_Buyer - the season end to Bones was great. Left you with a little surprise didn't it!

Spoiler:

Not what you expected? Definately not what I expected!
              (Hmmmm - is she married in real life?
              Maybe she doesn't have a choice and they had to do that because she really is preggie?
              Last edited by llp; 22 May 2011, 10:27 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Howdy. Well after a nice little 7 hour nap I'm up and ready to go.....no wait, Jumble doesn't come until next weekend. Hmmmmm. That means I have spare time on my hands. Uh-oh, hmmmmm, now what do I want to do!

Wine_Buyer - the season end to Bones was great. Left you with a little surprise didn't it! Not what you expected? Definately not what I expected! (Hmmmm - is she married in real life? Maybe she doesn't have a choice and they had to do that because she really is preggie?
                Bones Spoilers
                Spoiler:
                Yes she is married and yes she is really pregnant. Never expected them to actually make Booth the father. The minute she said she was pregnant I figured she would say it was someone else and there would be much drama. Instead it ended with smiles. Can't wait to see what happens next year. Hopefully they won't mess it up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  *hugs WooHoos*

*bounces for everyone about to do fun things*
                  *did not mean to make it sound like ...that*

*has not been raptured (how icky does that sound? ) and now awaits 2012*

Jeez... Fangurls.
                  *shakes head*
                  Who? Me? It was just a little tiny reaction to some incredible news. No fangurling at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who? Me? It was just a little tiny reaction to some incredible news. No fangurling at all.
                    Right, right. What was I thinking?
                    There are no fangurls here. At all.
                    Not for the Hair, not for any ships, not for any PTB...

Nope. Keep moving Spencers. No fangurls here.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Nope, no fangirls here...

sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Bones Spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes she is married and yes she is really pregnant. Never expected them to actually make Booth the father. The minute she said she was pregnant I figured she would say it was someone else and there would be much drama. Instead it ended with smiles. Can't wait to see what happens next year. Hopefully they won't mess it up.
                        That explains the surprise need to have it happen. I hope you are right.....lets hope they don't mess it up!

Oh well....time for breakfast or is it lunchtime now!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Right, right. What was I thinking?
                          There are no fangurls here. At all.
                          Not for the Hair, not for any ships, not for any PTB...

Nope. Keep moving Spencers. No fangurls here.
                          Ships? There are ships here? What makes you say that? Just because I've watched Awakening 6 times already does not imply in the slightest that there are any ships present.

On the other hand, the hair is fantastic and Martin Wood has very nice eyes and Amanda Tapping is just *sigh* but no fangurling here!
                          sigpic

Comment

*snurches*

*faints*

Gorgeous sig too!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            That explains the surprise need to have it happen. I hope you are right.....lets hope they don't mess it up!

Oh well....time for breakfast or is it lunchtime now!
                            Can you imagine the uproar if they do?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Nope, no fangirls here...

Indeed. What a fine example of how there are none here too.

Ships? There are ships here? What makes you say that? Just because I've watched Awakening 6 times already does not imply in the slightest that there are any ships present.

On the other hand, the hair is fantastic and Martin Wood has very nice eyes and Amanda Tapping is just *sigh* but no fangurling here!
                              *sighs* Oh Awakening... Angst and fluff and happy laughs.
                              *blinks*

Spoiler:

Oh Martin... and Amanda...

*fangurls not*

sigpic

Comment

*hands Bree the Award for Understatement of the Year*

Comment

Working...
                                X