No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antoa is coming to NYC for the concert!! And just days after I get a visit from Josi! Could June be shaping up to be any more awesome??
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Antoa is coming to NYC for the concert!! And just days after I get a visit from Josi! Could June be shaping up to be any more awesome??
      *bounces*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ugh! The slight tickle I woke up with this morning has turned into a very sore throat, not helped by a constant cough and high fever I'm going to spend the rest of the week-end in bed drinking hot honey and lemon and feeling very sorry for myself

On the upside, better that it happened this week-end rather than next

Comment

*squishy huggles Jumble and passes meds*
          Poor you Look after yourself and yes indeed, far better that it happened this weekend. Get all the nasty bugs out of the way before you go away
          sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all!

I got the per diem job! YAY. Very happy. I start August 8. Go for the new-employee physical on 7/5. Very happy. I feel relieved that I can leave my current job behind and still have an income. I just need to work somewhere for a few months where I'm not invested in the place. I'm hoping that this little break will re-energize me. And, of course, I've got my 2 week Vangroovy trip coming up in July. Cannot wait to hike, hike, and hike some more while splashing in some kayaking and sightseeing.
            Congrats on the job!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *runs in*

Packing time! Tomorrow I'm going to San Diego so my Ipod is being filled up with stuff to watch! (and my laptop too ) Since I'm assigned to the reg desk 90% of the time. First day will be busy but from then on, from what I hear it slows down significantly.

Also packed half of my stuff to go home since I'm going home in 10 days! Yay! Can't believe I've been here for almost a year then

*plops on couch while working and doing the last preparations for the conference*

Safe journey.

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Still nice and quiet here....hmmmm.

Well, I'm putting my "California" house up for sale in about a week or so. Papers are on their way here for me to sign to get it going. Please oh please sale this summer at a fair price! I could use everyones' well wishes on this. The housing market it just not that great! Really hard to get a loan. But it will be one less form of stress on me if it does sale. It is a nice place, so here goes! If it doesn't sale by around the end of September, off the market it comes and hopefully find another renter. I hate doing any of this! I don't need the bother or the stress it will create!
            Tough decision. Hope all goes well and that it sells quickly for you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Ugh! The slight tickle I woke up with this morning has turned into a very sore throat, not helped by a constant cough and high fever I'm going to spend the rest of the week-end in bed drinking hot honey and lemon and feeling very sorry for myself

*squishy huggles Jumble*

Do you have a TV in the bedroom? Sounds like a good weekend for Martin commentaries.

Hurray for MoB, Josi and Antoa.
              sigpic

Comment

It has been hard for me (with the two date night episodes) to have been critical of Sanctuary over the last few weeks. I love this show and I love the people who make this show. I have no idea if TPTB read this or any other forum but no one likes to see their work criticized and it is not generally my nature to be negative. Yet, this is the reality of the entertainment industry. Also, I would hope knowing whether fans like/dislike a particular character or theme will be taken into consideration in future planning.

So it was with great joy that I say how much I loved Awakening. This is the Sanctuary we all know and love. The clever, funny script, the fabulous characters, the quirky family that is Sanctuary.

Spoiler:
                I'll start with the B story. I understand the need for B stories in this business. We have certainly seen it with Stargate and Sanctuary in the past. I liked the B story. Firstly, it had to do with the Sanctuary regulars (although I did miss Henry). I like that Kate's past still comes up. In some ways I felt her transformation to Sanctuary good-guy was a little too quick in season 2. In addition, we got back the Will of old. Enjoyed his discussion with Kate.

As for the A story, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It was fabulous! I, like most of you, love Tesla. But it is not just Tesla. While his interactions with the other characters are also good it is the Helen-Tesla interaction that I enjoy the most. AT and JY are so wonderful together, I would love to see them do a comedy together someday. Such great banter. Kudos to the writing and the performances.

My favourite lines were the simple "Hi" "Hi" after Tesla returned to help Helen. Perfectly said. Something as simple as that I just loved.

Loved Helen's concern for Tesla and that he kept up his annoying comments to the (near) end.

I thought the chatter between them was so great once the Vampire Queen appeared.

Great moments between the Queen and Helen as well.

Lots of LOL moments for me in this ep, in particular the scene of Tesla sliding down the wall of the pit after his second attempt to jump out.

For the first time in a couple of weeks, I re-watched the episode right away.

Well done Sanctuary team!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  It has been hard for me (with the two date night episodes) to have been critical of Sanctuary over the last few weeks. I love this show and I love the people who make this show. I have no idea if TPTB read this or any other forum but no one likes to see their work criticized and it is not generally my nature to be negative. Yet, this is the reality of the entertainment industry. Also, I would hope knowing whether fans like/dislike a particular character or theme will be taken into consideration in future planning.

So it was with great joy that I say how much I loved Awakening. This is the Sanctuary we all know and love. The clever, funny script, the fabulous characters, the quirky family that is Sanctuary.
                  Well said It's been a tough few weeks with it definitely below par for a few episodes, and I think as you say the fact that we love the show and the people involved so much makes it feel particularly hard - it's much more difficult to just shrug off a weak episode in the way that you can with other shows.

But quality will always win out in the end, and boy did they come back with a vengeance in Awakening Long may it continue!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T

Spoiler:

I'll start with the B story. I understand the need for B stories in this business. We have certainly seen it with Stargate and Sanctuary in the past. I liked the B story. Firstly, it had to do with the Sanctuary regulars (although I did miss Henry). I like that Kate's past still comes up. In some ways I felt her transformation to Sanctuary good-guy was a little too quick in season 2. In addition, we got back the Will of old. Enjoyed his discussion with
                    Kate.
                    As for the A story, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It was fabulous! I, like most of you, love Tesla. But it is not just Tesla. While his interactions with the other characters are also good it is the Helen-Tesla interaction that I enjoy the most. AT and JY are so wonderful together, I would love to see them do a comedy together someday. Such great banter. Kudos to the writing and the performances.

My favourite lines were the simple "Hi" "Hi" after Tesla returned to help Helen. Perfectly said. Something as simple as that I just loved.

Loved Helen's concern for Tesla and that he kept up his annoying comments to the (near) end.

I thought the chatter between them was so great once the Vampire Queen appeared.

Great moments between the Queen and Helen as well.

Lots of LOL moments for me in this ep, in particular the scene of Tesla sliding down
                    the wall of the pit after his second attempt to jump out.

For the first time in a couple of weeks, I re-watched the episode right away.

Well done Sanctuary team!
                    I have to agree with what Eh-T said on the most part. The Awakening was a top notch episode. Really really good!

So, what about the other two episodes.....The problem with a show like Sanctuary is that it is so well written and so well acted and directed that what we would call a lesser show for Sanctuary would be a good show for many of the other shows out there. The double date show was a "lets pull out old clips and save money on this episode" type of show. These shows shoot quicker and cost less. Considering some of their expenses so far....that doesn't surprise me at all. It still was a fairly descent episode.

So that brings us to "Will's date" episode. The problem with this one was and I'm sorry to say this - but it was not written very well for the characters. Will was put back into his "first season" type of character. With all that has happened to him, come on, really...he acts so sophmoric! I don't think so. Then they made his girl friend somewhat the same way. Too much! This one episode needed to be rewritten with a more mature hand. That happens sometimes.

But after seeing the Awakening.....I don't even care....

BRING ON THE NEXT EPISODE....NORMANDY HERE WE COME!!!

Last edited by llp; 21 May 2011, 12:03 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

*runs in and hugs WooHoos*
                      *pumps fist in the air for Sanctuary*

Hey y'all!

I got the per diem job! YAY. Very happy. I start August 8. Go for the new-employee physical on 7/5. Very happy. I feel relieved that I can leave my current job behind and still have an income. I just need to work somewhere for a few months where I'm not invested in the place. I'm hoping that this little break will re-energize me. And, of course, I've got my 2 week Vangroovy trip coming up in July. Cannot wait to hike, hike, and hike some more while splashing in some kayaking and sightseeing.
                      WooHood!!! Congrats

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      *hugs Martin* Yes, Sanctuary fans are intelligent. Anyone who doubts this should go back on this thread and read our posts.

*blinks*

*blinks*
                      Yes.
                      *blinks*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Blegh! *hugs*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo.....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I just (finally ) watched the season finale of Bones and....and...and...........

............ ..................

and......................................................

I'm okay.....I'm oooooooooooooookaaaay...........

...............................................................

Last edited by wine_buyer; 21 May 2011, 05:28 PM. Reason: Can't spell when overly stimulated
                        sigpic

Comment

*crawls in from lurkdom* Hello darling woohoos

Catching up as best I can It's been a hectic week or so down here, our show opens this week, I've got a wracking cold and having a bit of a fibro/self esteem/stress breakdown atm, so I've been in hiding...

*huggles everyone* Hope you are all spiffingly well

*sends huggles and vitamins to Jumble*

*high fives MoB* congrats

I've re-done my bedroom (again, you say? Why yes...I went on a cleaning bender yesterday and disinfected/rearranged my entire house) and there is now a wall dedicated to woohoos My beautiful book of AT5 is in the middle of a little table and every day I can turn a page so that there's a new smiley woohoo to greet me in the morning! (today it's Dee!)

*huggles everyone again*

*and again*
                          Last edited by Bekki; 21 May 2011, 06:02 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG I am so excited! I haven't been to NY for 10 years! We've got to make some plans! Museums, a show (or ballet!), pizza, bagels, Apple store...

Comment

*squishy huggles Bekki*

Sorry things haven't been too great - hope you feel better soon Break a leg for the show! And your new room sounds lovely
                              sigpic

Comment

Well this is a surprise, GW is running. It has been having a lot of problems recently.

But now I must go to bed. It is almost 5 in the morning and I haven't even tried to go to sleep yet. Tsk, Tsk on me!

Oh, well.............night all.

Hope you are feeling better Jumble!

*Huggles* to all the Woohoos!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X