Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post

1. Awwwwwwww! *goes all squishy inside*

2. Hang on, don't you know about the S.H.I.P. (Shippy Hippy Insanity Party)?? Most of us are members, which is why this thread is so friendly and huggy

Check out our website by clicking the link under Nad's sig
    1. That baby was hard-won. My poor partner midwife (who's 33 weeks pregnant) was almost undone by it. I'll tell you about it later if you care to hear.

2. Nope. I'm still new. I just talk a lot. I will be a good n00b and clickety to get educated properly. After I take a nap. The wind is officially out of my sails. See y'all later.

xoxo
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      1. That baby was hard-won. My poor partner midwife (who's 33 weeks pregnant) was almost undone by it. I'll tell you about it later if you care to hear.
      Pm me, we don't want to scare the younger ones off the idea

2. Nope. I'm still new. I just talk a lot. I will be a good n00b and clickety to get educated properly. After I take a nap. The wind is officially out of my sails. See y'all later.

xoxo http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ns/bearhug.gif
      Good, good...... we're always looking for unsuspecting innocents new people to drag welcome to the Party

Comment

*has vision of Joe and Coopie nekkid in the kitchen* Nad, I was about to eat my lunch

Actually boys, you'd be a lot safer if you put an apron on

Spoiled for space:
        Spoiler:
        Lunch is always fun with this many children I find myself chopping up copious amounts of carrots, celery, tomatoes, cheese and beetroot (sadly not the delicious golden ones we had in Vangroovy and which you can't get in the uk ), followed by more chopping of apples, pears, melon, mango and grapes (yes, I chop the grapes for babies because swallowing a whole one can block the windpipe and I don't fancy practising the Heimlich manouvre on a ten-month-old ), followed by all the usual gentle reminders to 'keep your elbows off the table', 'don't speak with your mouth full' and 'canyouPULEEEEEZEkeepyourmouthshutwhilstyouarechewing!!!!' Then I try to remember which ones like orange juice, which ones hate it, who prefers milk......... I'd make a lousy waitress

Meanwhile I'm spooning mushed up chicken and vegetables into the ever open mouth of the littlest one and trying to keep her hands from investigating what's still in the bowl!

And in the midst of all this, the eldest one (7) asks "Why did the two penguins jump when they met?"

Er.......

Answer
        Spoiler:
        They were trying to break the ice!

.. which of course I then had to explain because nobody got it

Now the food is all gone and they've gone to play outside in the rain...... I've cleared away the debris they left behind and have actually made myself a sandwich, which the baby (sitting on my lap whilst I type - hey yes! I can multitask!) is trying very hard to steal Oh well, I wasn't really that hungry anyway.........

Did I tell you how much I LOVE my job? :-D:-D:-D

*tries to throw a blanket over Bree as she runs past*

*fails*
        Boy! Does that ever bring back memories! Sometimes I miss being in childcare and sometimes I don't. I think I've been reminded why I prefer computers.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Aww! What a nice chaotic mess you have, jumble!

And I don't see anything wrong with Nekkid Joe and Coopie. Especially with the aprons on. Can you imagine the sight when they suddenly turn to face the kitchen counter?

*blinks*

...Ok, yeah... I get it...
        Icky!

Hey!

I tawt I taw a nekkid Nad!
        Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        *runs nekkid as well*

I did! I did tee a nekkid Nad!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Morning Woohoos!

Popping by as I unwind from a very busy night so that I can take a nap. I actually have to sleep on the couch today so I don't miss the FedEx guy with my new iPhone. *shiny*

Indeed. And you know how I know this? Look what I was up to last night:

Shippy hippy? I like that. Perfect description! ;-)
        Aw! And there is a reminder of what I miss about childcare. There is nothing in the world like holding a brand new baby. Especially when you can't have any of your own. I loved holding my nieces when they were newborn.

MoB? No one ever told you about this thread? We are all a bunch of "Shippy-Hippies"
        EDIT: What Jumble said. Points up.
        sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos!!

Today is my last day of vacation *cries*

I'm using it up to make videos
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            , looking forward to it!!

You okay, there, Sarai?

Man, I'm tired.

*yawn*

*snuggles with Joe*
            sigpic

Comment

Can I just point out that when I came onto the thread they didn't have aprons on, hence the

I wonder if Martin cooks? I meant to ask him I bet he's awesome with a bbq. Fully clothed of course! We all know how dangerous bbqs can be
              You had me cracking up with this one. Ah the smell of . . . nevermind. Sausage anyone?
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                You okay, there, Sarai?
                I just felt that particular comment deserved a little more recognition than it had .

Nearly time to leave work, then off home to cook the dinner, eat the cheesecake I made last night and continue with the Atlantis watch .

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  Morning Woohoos!!

Today is my last day of vacation *cries*

I'm using it up to make videos
                  Aw, it's sad when the holidays end I've got two more weeks of easy work, then straight back into full-time *thinks about the extra money*

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                  You had me cracking up with this one. Ah the smell of . . . nevermind. Sausage anyone?

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  I just felt that particular comment deserved a little more recognition than it had .

Nearly time to leave work, then off home to cook the dinner, eat the cheesecake I made last night and continue with the Atlantis watch .
                  Hope you're enjoying it!

I've just been re-reading the squee-fest over the SE events

Seems like such a long time ago now

Comment

*runs in*

Yeyy...I' m back to being a bad girl(aka GW in class)

*runs around nekkid*

*huggles woohoos*

And Awwwws at Jumble's stories of the kidlets!

Btw macs are annoying
                    sigpic

Comment

Alright what's going on here. I go to sleep and find that nekkid people are running through this thread.....no one even bothered to wake me up.

Hey Jumble....how's it going? You call a house full of kids easy work......
                      sigpic

Comment

Alright, I want to know what's going on.....everytime I am on to post everyone disappears. I showered and I'm even dressed (wouldn't want to frighten away everyone) that is if there were anyone here to frighten.

Feeling so lonely. DejectedWhere is everyone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Alright what's going on here. I go to sleep and find that nekkid people are running through this thread.....no one even bothered to wake me up.

Hey Jumble....how's it going? You call a house full of kids easy work......
                          It is for me, much easier than writing a book

Alright, I want to know what's going on.....everytime I am on to post everyone disappears. I showered and I'm even dressed (wouldn't want to frighten away everyone) that is if there were anyone here to frighten.

Feeling so lonely. DejectedWhere is everyone.
                          *hugs Laurie* I've been busy reading

Have a Martinpic to cheer you up....

Do you know how jealous I am that you get to snuggle under that quilt every night????

Mind you, I actually prefer it like this.....

(Thanks Sarai)

Darn! I told myself I was never going to post that pic.........

Comment

Ah but it wasn't the first time you posted it. Hi Jumble....nice to hear (read) a friendly voice (word)....so confused. Where is everyone tonight. Or am I here at the wrong time, which isn't unusual for me. I seem to run at a different time than most people.

So don't let me intrude upon your reading That is always good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, now I feel guilty

But....... I really don't think I should have to share *throws 2-year-old tantrum until the other WooHoos let me keep Martin all to myself*

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ctuary44cw.jpg
                              *dashes off to find another towel.........*

What? Hey, is it my fault he keeps getting himself all wet???
                              Tsk tsk tsk. Bad hippy! Don't make me send you on time-out.

It's not working, I knew you were there
                              *uses Jedi mind trick* You didn't not know I was there.

*has vision of Joe and Coopie nekkid in the kitchen* Nad, I was about to eat my lunch

Actually boys, you'd be a lot safer if you put an apron on

Lunch is always fun with this many children I find myself chopping up copious amounts of carrots, celery, tomatoes, cheese and beetroot (sadly not the delicious golden ones we had in Vangroovy and which you can't get in the uk ), followed by more chopping of apples, pears, melon, mango and grapes (yes, I chop the grapes for babies because swallowing a whole one can block the windpipe and I don't fancy practising the Heimlich manouvre on a ten-month-old ), followed by all the usual gentle reminders to 'keep your elbows off the table', 'don't speak with your mouth full' and 'canyouPULEEEEEZEkeepyourmouthshutwhilstyouarechewing!!!!' Then I try to remember which ones like orange juice, which ones hate it, who prefers milk......... I'd make a lousy waitress

Meanwhile I'm spooning mushed up chicken and vegetables into the ever open mouth of the littlest one and trying to keep her hands from investigating what's still in the bowl!

And in the midst of all this, the eldest one (7) asks "Why did the two penguins jump when they met?"

Er.......

Answer
                              Spoiler:
                              They were trying to break the ice!

.. which of course I then had to explain because nobody got it

Now the food is all gone and they've gone to play outside in the rain...... I've cleared away the debris they left behind and have actually made myself a sandwich, which the baby (sitting on my lap whilst I type - hey yes! I can multitask!) is trying very hard to steal Oh well, I wasn't really that hungry anyway.........

Did I tell you how much I LOVE my job?

*tries to throw a blanket over Bree as she runs past*

*fails*
                              Sounds like a fun day
                              sigpic

Comment

Ah but it wasn't the first time you posted it.
                                Yes it is, I just had to downsize it and upload it to my PB Or are you thinking of the sig I used it in, heavily disguised?

Hi Jumble....nice to hear (read) a friendly voice (word)....so confused. Where is everyone tonight. Or am I here at the wrong time, which isn't unusual for me. I seem to run at a different time than most people.
                                It's often quiet around this time, but usually gets busier later

So don't let me intrude upon your reading That is always good.
                                Indeed it is

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Tsk tsk tsk. Bad hippy! Don't make me send you on time-out.

Huh! Like to see you try..........

*uses Jedi mind trick* You didn't not know I was there.
                                In order for the mind trick to work, it has to have a mind to work on, and I'm still fruitlessly seeking mine

Sounds like a fun day
                                I did

Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE my job?

Comment

Working...
                                X