No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all! Made it home last night by around 17:30 which really wasn't too bad on the whole considering we didn't get to Josi's until just after 14:30

Just wanted to run in and say a huuuuuge thank you to Oma and all the family for having us to stay over the weekend. We all had such a lovely time and you made us feel so welcome! *huggles the family*

*runs out to catch up with work emails*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      On Saturday we went to Looe (yes, it really is called that ) and were made to feel very welcome.
      Oh I've been there. beautiful place!

Blimey, eagle eyes!

....and we got our lunch there, traditional Cornish Pasties!!! (bottom left) Yum!!
      http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...iry-window.jpg
      Oh I love Cornish pasties. Did you have a cream tea too? or clotted cream with ice cream. A heart attack on a cone that is!

A little further along, we came across a shop named after me...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...oores-Looe.jpg
      ..which sells copious amounts of alcohol

Fitting!

Was it scrumpy? Did you bring any back?

Later that afternoon we went to Polperro, and in a little shop selling perfumed bath asseccories of every possible kind, we spotted.....

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...h-Blasters.jpg
      ... which I'm sure Woody wood have appreciated after his long drive [/center]

All I got in that last picture was Woody's Chill Pills Passion Parade...

Silly question (probably more Oma's territory since it's home turf for her lucky, lucky thing!) Is Polperro the village with the very narrow streets and the house covered in shells? We had quite a lot of holidays down there in our youth and I loved the place.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      LOL. Fab. Glad y'all had such an awesome time.

I got scolded by the fandom police on twitter today for being anti-someone-else's-ship. Imagine my surprise that anyone cares about my twitter geekery when it's not about birth.

Glad to see Gateworld is back too...

Uhm, excuse me but isn't the point of Twitter to say what you feel in your own little domain? if they don't like your ship bashing they should just Fish off!

*hurtles in*

GuesswhatguesswhatguesswhatguessWHATTTTTT??????

I GOT IT!!!!!! WooHoooooood!!!! *bounces*

Ooooh fab! I was hoping you wood! I was watching it in Ebay and waiting to see who won but it was just too late for me to stay up.

Well done Jumble! I can't think of a more deserving MW fan to get it than you.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      oh dear...double post!....

OBLIGATORY DOUBLE-POST NEKKID RUN!

Ahem...it's a little cold

*casually tosses Martin's llp's quilt over Bekki*

Well ok, this is weird. Friday I started feeling rough; by Saturday I was convinced I was coming down with something (hot, sweaty, feeling kind of weak, throat and mouth sore... you know). Yesterday I felt awful; not full of cold but just really wiped and hot and off my food (I know ) and I've got this horrible funny taste in my mouth that won't go away. Actually I've had that for days now. Today? Absolutely fine... except the taste in my mouth, which is getting boring now.
      sigpic

Comment

I really need waking up this morning. After being up until gone 3am watching the bids on ebay, I then couldn't get to sleep Now downing copious amounts of black coffee in the hope of being awake enough to work in....... 15 minutes It's not looking likely, to be honest

*huggles*

Hmm, not helpful.

*slaps Jumble round face with wet kippers* ... if that doesn't wake you up, eh!

Wonder why Martin wrote his name as well as signing

He was probably so high on life and broccoli when he wrote it that he thought it was illegible.... or he's so awesome it needs ot be said twice.
        sigpic

Comment

*waves to Sarai*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Oh I've been there. beautiful place!

Blimey, eagle eyes!
          I know

Oh I love Cornish pasties. Did you have a cream tea too? or clotted cream with ice cream. A heart attack on a cone that is!
          No, no cream tea. We had to leave space for dinner at The Wheelhouse Of which I do of course have pics and will do the foody thing as soon as I can figure out who had what, and what it was they had

Fitting!

Was it scrumpy? Did you bring any back?
          It was scrumpy, but I didn't bring any back since I don't like it much. I prefer fermented grapes to fermented apples

All I got in that last picture was Woody's Chill Pills Passion Parade...
          I just knew someone wood

Silly question (probably more Oma's territory since it's home turf for her lucky, lucky thing!) Is Polperro the village with the very narrow streets and the house covered in shells? We had quite a lot of holidays down there in our youth and I loved the place.
          With the model village? Sounds like it to me

Uhm, excuse me but isn't the point of Twitter to say what you feel in your own little domain? if they don't like your ship bashing they should just Fish off!

[Ooooh fab! I was hoping you wood! I was watching it in Ebay and waiting to see who won but it was just too late for me to stay up.

Well done Jumble! I can't think of a more deserving MW fan to get it than you.
          Thank you! *iz still bouncing*

Although............ I reckon I should refrain from obtaining anything else that he's worn.......... don't want it turning into a fetish or anything

*casually tosses Martin's llp's quilt over Bekki*

Well ok, this is weird. Friday I started feeling rough; by Saturday I was convinced I was coming down with something (hot, sweaty, feeling kind of weak, throat and mouth sore... you know). Yesterday I felt awful; not full of cold but just really wiped and hot and off my food (I know ) and I've got this horrible funny taste in my mouth that won't go away. Actually I've had that for days now. Today? Absolutely fine... except the taste in my mouth, which is getting boring now.
          Don't question it, just be glad you're feeling better

*grabs quilt from Bekki and snuggles in it*

Aw c'mon! She's young, she'll survive the cold

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            *huggles*

Hmm, not helpful.

*slaps Jumble round face with wet kippers* ... if that doesn't wake you up, eh!
            Gee, thanks!

I'll stick with the coffee.................

He was probably so high on life and broccoli when he wrote it that he thought it was illegible.... or he's so awesome it needs to be said twice.
            His signature is always illegible But recognisable all the same I'm just jealous that Laurie got the whole 'Martin Wood'. I wood have liked that.

I know, some people are just never satisfied

He is that
            Last edited by Jumble; 23 August 2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Anyone that's going to AT5, check out Sarai's post about dinner at Anderson's

Comment

Morning all I see GW has returned from its sojourn away too I have today off work so am enjoying being lazy - have only just got up

*hurtles in*

GuesswhatguesswhatguesswhatguessWHATTTTTT??????

I GOT IT!!!!!! WooHoooooood!!!! *bounces*

WOOOHOOOOD!!!! That's fantastic! And of course means I'm going to have to come and visit you again soon so I can see it all

*hugs* too for the lack of sleep and work this morning.

And *hugs* to Cags - glad you're feeling better, sounds like your body's fought whatever it was off Hope that taste goes away soon though!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link Jumbly.

Josi I'm so jealous! But then I suppose you deserve a day off, just wish I'd booked one off too .

Still catching up on emails

*hugs Cags*

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Morning all I see GW has returned from its sojourn away too I have today off work so am enjoying being lazy - have only just got up

WOOOHOOOOD!!!! That's fantastic! And of course means I'm going to have to come and visit you again soon so I can see it all

*hugs* too for the lack of sleep and work this morning.

And *hugs* to Cags - glad you're feeling better, sounds like your body's fought whatever it was off Hope that taste goes away soon though!
                    Not sure how long it'll be before I get it, but you're welcome to come down whenever

*hugs back*

*waves to Oma*

Oh, I meant to post these last night, but GW was down and then I forgot

LameMoose (Mocha) sent me these......

(Thank you Ryan for putting that idea into Martin's head )

This one's a bit blurry, but worth a post I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Josi I'm so jealous! But then I suppose you deserve a day off, just wish I'd booked one off too .

*hugs Cags*
                      Yeah, right now I'm really pleased with my foresight to do so! So glad I have days to use up right now Hope the emails aren't proving too hideous to catch up with! *hugs* *Doesn't want to think about how many emails will be waiting for me tomorrow*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

*hugs Cags*
                        Why? Wasn't she the one that got chauffeured everywhere all week-end??? You and me, we
                        deserve a day off *nods*

*hugs Josiane*

Comment

Why? Wasn't she the one that got chauffeured everywhere all week-end??? You and me, we
                          deserve a day off *nods*

*hugs Josiane*

*huggles you both* You were awesome chauffeurs though
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

*huggles you both* You were awesome chauffeurs though
                            Why thank you! I'm just glad I managed to avoid that rather large lorry that turned in front of us Scary!

I think Woody enjoyed his 435 mile round trip And he still has a quarter of a tankful of fuel

And can I just say - RED LIQUORICE!!!! Yum!

Oma!! Stop lurking! Get yourself up here for a huggle!

Comment

I just knew someone wood
                              And you must've known it'd be me, right.

With the model village? Sounds like it to me
                              Yes, that's the one. Actually we were there as adults too. We stayed in a cottage in Portreath (one week) and Mawnan Smith the following and toured all over the place. That was just after I passed my driving test and the first time Charles let me lose on his Senator... down narrow Cornish roads... brave, brave man.

Although............ I reckon I should refrain from obtaining anything else that he's worn.......... don't want it turning into a fetish or anything
                              Ah no, collecting stuff isn't a fetish... it's what you do with it afterwards that makes it that. And, as you have loads of respect for the man, you only have honourable intentions for your Martin memorabilia.

I really like those two. I wonder what Amanda was looking so pleased/shocked about in the bottom one?

This one's a bit blurry, but worth a post I guess..

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ameMoose-1.jpg

It is! He has hands; they look divine and you're getting to see them up close. Awesome!

*waves to Oma*
                              Last edited by Cagranosalis; 23 August 2010, 02:38 AM. Reason: Spelling town names.
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags* hope you are feeling better!!!

*steals the quilt back* I feel both cold and immodest...wait...I think I have clothes around here somewhere *puts clothes on but keeps the quilt* he he he
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X