Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    Sneaking in for less than a minute!
    Question for Jumble, Cags, Sarai, Wendy and Josi (and any UK'ers I may have missed : S
    Is there a place that is sort of in the middle of where you all live?
    Might make it easier for us when we're trying to figure out where we're going to stay. : )
    Cornwall!!!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Well I don't know what the others will recommend but if you are looking for somewhere in the middle and somewhere nice to stay and see something of England that's waaaay more beautiful than London (sorry Cags) I would suggest the Peak District.

In terms of being in the middle of the Woohoos that's about halfway in between me and Josi, Jumble and Cags, very close to Wendy but unfortunately miles away from Oma. But then she's miles away from everything
    Oops, busted!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Err... never! Oh no, actually I lie... they regularly have to wash the the puke off the ones in Poundslow on a Sunday morning.

I saw them combing the beach at Weymouth once. Literally. Big tractor like machine thingy with a giant comb on the back. Charles and me were howling with laugher and doing stupid Spaceballs (I film I particularly loathe btw) impressions.
    They were doing that at Par once while I was there running; the men driving the tractor were not happy when I put my footprints in their nicely combed sand Mind you, I was running faster than they could go in their tractor, so I wasn't worried

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oh yes, Weymouth and Bournemouth beaches are the sandiest I've ever seen. Well except for Weston-Super-Mare, but with that one when the tide goes out it goes out a loooooooong way. You have to walk half a mile to get your feet wet
    I could have sworn it was 3 miles.......felt like it when I was little We called it Weston-Super-Mud

Beautiful piccies btw I think Martin would take great delight in receiving a signed photo of you, afterall, he'd been waiting to meet you too!

Besides, he's got a great sense of humour, so I'm sure he'd take it in the manner it was intended......ie that we'd pressured you into it for our own amusement

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *pops on in*

Howdy woodiehoos I like all this planning business, very exciting!!!

Perhaps I need to get my show optioned in the UK...what are the chances? 0%? Hmm, I thought so...I shall try anyway I wanna meet you all! And to think, I was there three years aog *sigh* before I really knew any of you *double sigh*

My best friend is moving to Londond in just a couple of weeks...perhaps I can get her to keep tabs on you...you know, some good stalking never went astray, right?

Oooh - did I tell you my show got optioned in Japan??! Still early days in the agreements, but we're all very excited
    *realizes she is late for uni*
    *runs out of the thread*
    Ooooooooooooh! Congratulations! That calls for a *bouncy huggle*

*huggles MoB* Don't worry, we were all n00bies once The intricacies of huggling will one day become clear!

*huggles Nik* Hope your op went well today

*huggles Wendy* for poorly tooth and driving horror movie Don't worry too much, stats can be made to say anything you want - for example:

The UK Road Safety site says approx 39,576,000,000 miles have been driven this year, with 155,341 accidents.

That equals 1 accident for every 254,768 miles.

It'd take you at least 20 years to drive that far!!! Just be sensible when you drive, you'll be fine
    sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      *pops on in*

Howdy woodiehoos I like all this planning business, very exciting!!!

Perhaps I need to get my show optioned in the UK...what are the chances? 0%? Hmm, I thought so...I shall try anyway I wanna meet you all! And to think, I was there three years aog *sigh* before I really knew any of you *double sigh*

My best friend is moving to Londond in just a couple of weeks...perhaps I can get her to keep tabs on you...you know, some good stalking never went astray, right?

Oooh - did I tell you my show got optioned in Japan??! Still early days in the agreements, but we're all very excited

*realizes she is late for uni*
      *runs out of the thread*
      Ooh, very exciting! And if your friend is coming to London then you'll just have to come and visit her and then we can all see you too!

Jumble, GORGEOUS photos of both you & Suz! You both look stunning!

*huggles Bree and Wendy and also Nikki for her op*
      *huggles everyone else*
      *bounces out*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Don't you hate it when it takes longer to make the tags count low enough to make the post than it actually does to make the post?

Edit: Almost forgot!

Funnily enough Jann, I'd already decided that you must have the left had side of the bathroom before reading the tags you put on the pics....can't think why....you travel so light!

Glad you're settling in and getting on well with your roomie
        sigpic

Comment

Describe hot? And I do not mean "describe hot" as in using this as an excuse to post a picture of Amanda Tapping (oops! that wood be me) Martin Wood.
          I mean, what are the temps like?

A determined woman on mission might be able to accidentally bumb into him.

What? Oh, you said NOT! Sorry, I need to pay closer attention

Er..... well it's been up in the 20C+ and will likely get hotter over the next week or two

Do you realise how BIG Vangroovy is????
          Last edited by Jumble; 17 August 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

<snipped for laziness>

Er..... well it's been up in the 20C+ and will likely get hotter over the next week or two
            Really? In that case I'm moving in with you, we're expecting rain for the next few years weeks...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              Cornwall!!!

Oops, busted!

They were doing that at Par once while I was there running; the men driving the tractor were not happy when I put my footprints in their nicely combed sand Mind you, I was running faster than they could go in their tractor, so I wasn't worried

I could have sworn it was 3 miles.......felt like it when I was little We called it Weston-Super-Mud

Beautiful piccies btw I think Martin would take great delight in receiving a signed photo of you, afterall, he'd been waiting to meet you too!

Besides, he's got a great sense of humour, so I'm sure he'd take it in the manner it was intended......ie that we'd pressured you into it for our own amusement
              You're saying he wood find it funny if I sent him a pic of me?

He woodn't! He'd LOVE it!

But I'm still not sending it

Ooooooooooooh! Congratulations! That calls for a *bouncy huggle*

*huggles MoB* Don't worry, we were all n00bies once The intricacies of huggling will one day become clear!

*huggles Nik* Hope your op went well today

*huggles Wendy* for poorly tooth and driving horror movie Don't worry too much, stats can be made to say anything you want - for example:

The UK Road Safety site says approx 39,576,000,000 miles have been driven this year, with 155,341 accidents.

That equals 1 accident for every 254,768 miles.

It'd take you at least 20 years to drive that far!!! Just be sensible when you drive, you'll be fine
              Pfft! Statistics! I've been driving for...... um....... a lot of years, and have only had one little prang. Statistics only apply to bad drivers

Comment

Nice try Oma!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/MW%20pics/200th0765.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t438617096.gif

I knew you wood take the bait.

20C is about 68F here in the states.
                Since we had over 20-somthing days 90F (32C) or above this summer I think 20C or even 20C+ wood feel positively cool to us.
                When we vacation in Disney it's almost always in the 85F-95F (29C-35C) range.
                We manage to enjoy it anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

Nice try Oma!

I knew you wood take the bait.

20C is about 68F here in the states.
                  Since we had over 20-somthing days 90F (32C) or above this summer I think 20C or even 20C+ wood feel positively cool to us.
                  When we vacation in Disney it's almost always in the 85F-95F (29C-35C) range.
                  We manage to enjoy it anyway.
                  Ah, but you have to remember that in this country anything above 20C is HOT, and we have different humidity with it so it can be quite uncomfortably hot at 24C

Comment

You're saying he wood find it funny if I sent him a pic of me?

He woodn't! He'd LOVE it!

But I'm still not sending it
                    *snickers*

Of course he wood love it

I'd find it very funny
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah, but you have to remember that in this country anything above 20C is HOT, and we have different humidity with it so it can be quite uncomfortably hot at 24C

I'll bet New England can give you a run for the money in the humidity department. Besides, last year at Disney we met a lovely woman from your neck of the woods (nice how I snuck that one in eh. ) who said that our heat and humidity were brutal compared to the homeland. Now I will just have to make sure we get there so I can check it out for myself.

EDIT: *waves * to LJ, Val, and XFc
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                        *snickers*

Of course he wood love it

I'd find it very funny
                        Yeah. I've been warned aboot that Cornwall sense of 'humour'

I'll bet New England can give you a run for the money in the humidity department. Besides, last year at Disney we met a lovely woman from your neck of the woods (nice how I snuck that one in eh. ) who said that our heat and humidity were brutal compared to the homeland. Now I will just have to make sure we get there so I can check it out for myself.

So our August weather wood therefore be more comfortable?

And you forgot to wave to our 3 guests

Comment

*waves back* And *grabs Joe and SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHES*

Hey Woohoos
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, bring on the heat, as far as I'm concerned! It hardly ever gets hot enough for me in this country I love it 25C and up But then again, I'm always cold unless I have a positive source of warmth - I'm liable to be found in jumpers clutching a hot water bottle any time the temperature drops below 20

Though it was a little too hot when I was in Washington earlier this summer - 38C and humid with it was a bit of a killer

*waves to guests*
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yeah. I've been warned aboot that Cornwall sense of 'humour'

So our August weather wood therefore be more comfortable?

And you forgot to wave to our 3 guests
                              It probably wood! This is good because it will help to convince Char that a vacation in August is a good thing. She does not like hot weather at all! Poor thing grew up in Florida so I can't blame her.

There were no guests when I posted. They must have snuck in when I wasn't looking.
                              Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Ah, bring on the heat, as far as I'm concerned! It hardly ever gets hot enough for me in this country I love it 25C and up But then again, I'm always cold unless I have a positive source of warmth - I'm liable to be found in jumpers clutching a hot water bottle any time the temperature drops below 20

Though it was a little too hot when I was in Washington earlier this summer - 38C and humid with it was a bit of a killer

*waves to guests*
                              That has been (almost) our entire summer. We had a record breaking heatwave for July and so far temps are above normal for August as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Char doesn't like hot weather? In that case, it's always cold here in August But not so cold that she'd need us all to snuggle up and keep her warm........

Although...........

Ok. It's nice here in August, she needn't worry

Comment

Working...
                                X