The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    So should I, and I really meant to go to bed a couple of hours ago but got distracted

I'm definitely going now though

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
    *huggles*

Woodnight.

And me, too!!

sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      llp, please check the tags on your Bones post. None of it is in spoilers and all of it should be. Thanks.
      Don't know why it wasn't hidden away and I don't know how to fix it so I deleted your part of it. Sorry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        *rushes in huggling everyone*

<snip for space>Not really, we did at one point discuss what you would think of the wine selections and wondered what you have recommended :-p

Bones
        Spoiler:
        Well, I'm gonna upset everyone now (sorry :-S) by saying I thought the ep was fantastic!! What a wonderful angst fest :-D I adored the back story and loved getting to see how they first met. I always felt cheated by the pilot in missing that, so it was fun to see that huge hole filled.

I loved the nod back to Gordon Gordon's assessment of Sweets' book (being based on an erroneous assumption and therefore all his conclusions being wrong :-p) and Sweets' reaction to realising that :-p

I didn't think the end scene was OOC at all. I loved that Booth's relationship with Sweets is so strong now that he trusted his advice. Booth was a gambler when he and Brennan first met. She (unknowingly) helped him to gain mastery over that addiction and helped him to be a stronger character and not be afraid to show his individuality. Sweets helped Booth to see that and so he gambled on Bones being ready to take their relationship further.

Unfortunately, he gambled wrong. She wasn't. I know that everyone is upset by that, but I felt that to still be in character. Its only been in the last few eps that Brennan has realised she loves Booth; she hasn't got over all the other problems that have stopped her from being able to commit herself. I think that it would have been OOC at that point for Bones to have accepted Booth's advances.

In terms of angst, it was way worse than a "leave it in the room". This was a D&C, Grace and Affinity all rolled into one :-S There was the admission from both of them that they love each other, the realisation by Booth that Bones wasn't going to allow herself to act up on that feeling and that if he was going to find happiness, it would have to be with someone else. That covered about 4 years of ship in one ep :-p I loved it! Probably because I was prepared for the angst. I remember back around S3 Hart saying that the leads wouldn't be together until the end of the show, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna stick to that. There's gonna be a big rollercoaster ride starting now that gonna be angst ridden as hell. As long as it's written as well as I felt the 100th ep to be, I'm gonna be a very happy angsty shipper :-)
        It's nice to know I was there in spirit.

As for Bones: quit using logic. It's very distracting. Seriously, after reading your post I can see why you enjoyed the episode and I intend to watch it again (kept the recording, thank goodness) so I can view it from another perspective. One thing I am still unhappy with:
        Spoiler:
        is that we are in essence being teased by TPTB with these moments and I still believe that it could have and should have been done a little differently and perhaps at a different time.
        I'll see if that opinion changes upon second viewing.

*huggles Bree & LJ* I'm sending good vibes and remembering you both in my prayers

*lol* at Bekki! I hope that someday you get to be our RL stalker ;-)
        Thanks Oma. I keep saying over and over "it will be good news" and I am hoping and praying that is the case.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Through the magic powers of the internets, I now here present to you the menu :-D
        Could anyone tell me the exchange rate between US and UK currency? The prices of the wine by the glass seemed very low. In US dollars a glass of really crappy wine will run you about $6 to $8, passable wine will be about $9-$15 and the really good stuff is by (as in buy) the bottle only. (I am quoting Connecticut prices here so it may be less or more depending on the state but I believe this is a good ball park average). Even the food prices seemed low but again I don't know how the pound and dollar measure up to each other.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        *hugs LJ*
        Some people suck. :-(

*sends Bree good vibes* :-)

*giggles at the post-meet bliss*
        ...Did that sound icky?

Thanks for all the hugs and ''we've missed you's''. I appreciate it.
        I'm still being an Emo, but I do feel loved. I have plans to start a club named C.O.O.P.I.E. (Creative Organisation Of Profoundly Insane Emo's), but still. I laughed.
        ((((WooHoos))))
        Thanks Nad. Sending good vibes back at you. We can't let you stay in C.O.O.P.I.E-ville for too long.
        Originally posted by llp View Post
        Oma-1

I totally agree....if they ever get together, it will be the last few episodes if not the last one. Any other way and they would have to split up the team. I love watching this show because I believe it is well written. And when that tragedy happens and they have to end the show please give them enough time to write a good final episode....
        Amen to that!!!
        Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Artworking and Emo status do not really go well together...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...zzzzemosig.jpg

...but to make up, I made PTB Art as well.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...atsigdkdos.jpg

Yes. I am a balanced person.
        Carry on.
        First one was a little scary (perhaps it was the devils tail?) but artistically very well done and the second one....
        *sigh*
        *sigh*
        Wa? I'm sorry. Did I black out or something? Oh! I remember now! The second one was.....
        Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        Good luck, Bree

I think we're actually well known for the high standard of good-behaviour and decency with which we hold ourselves. We never deviate from that, and our Halos' shine like Christmas trees...

*hugs for the grade*

It wasn't me but I didn't vote against it.

*hugs* I'm sorry. Some people are disgusting.
        thanks Wendy and as for the bolded bit I actually spewed wine all over my keyboard when reading that little bit of fiction. (The wine was Rocky Ridge Malbec. Quite lovely )
        Don't know why it wasn't hidden away and I don't know how to fix it so I deleted your part of it. Sorry.
        llp, next time just select the text you want to hide and then click on the Spoiler button so you don't have to delete everything. I think what happened in your original post was that a couple of brackets were accidentally deleted so everything was visible.
        sigpic

Comment

*tap dances through the thread*

Cags, what a great review!!!

...which reminds me, I never did get around to writing a review of the Stargate con I went to in March! Terrible woohoo! I shall do it!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            It's nice to know I was there in spirit.

Could anyone tell me the exchange rate between US and UK currency? The prices of the wine by the glass seemed very low. In US dollars a glass of really crappy wine will run you about $6 to $8, passable wine will be about $9-$15 and the really good stuff is by (as in buy) the bottle only. (I am quoting Connecticut prices here so it may be less or more depending on the state but I believe this is a good ball park average). Even the food prices seemed low but again I don't know how the pound and dollar measure up to each other.

llp, next time just select the text you want to hide and then click on the Spoiler button so you don't have to delete everything. I think what happened in your original post was that a couple of brackets were accidentally deleted so everything was visible.
            First the value 1lb is equal to $1.535 U.S. as of 8:25 pm. It's been about that amount for some time.

And you might be right I did delete part of the copied message so maybe I deleted the brackets.
            Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Bones
              Spoiler:
              Well, I'm gonna upset everyone now (sorry ) by saying I thought the ep was fantastic!! What a wonderful angst fest I adored the back story and loved getting to see how they first met. I always felt cheated by the pilot in missing that, so it was fun to see that huge hole filled.

I loved the nod back to Gordon Gordon's assessment of Sweets' book (being based on an erroneous assumption and therefore all his conclusions being wrong ) and Sweets' reaction to realising that

I didn't think the end scene was OOC at all. I loved that Booth's relationship with Sweets is so strong now that he trusted his advice. Booth was a gambler when he and Brennan first met. She (unknowingly) helped him to gain mastery over that addiction and helped him to be a stronger character and not be afraid to show his individuality. Sweets helped Booth to see that and so he gambled on Bones being ready to take their relationship further.

Unfortunately, he gambled wrong. She wasn't. I know that everyone is upset by that, but I felt that to still be in character. Its only been in the last few eps that Brennan has realised she loves Booth; she hasn't got over all the other problems that have stopped her from being able to commit herself. I think that it would have been OOC at that point for Bones to have accepted Booth's advances.

In terms of angst, it was way worse than a "leave it in the room". This was a D&C, Grace and Affinity all rolled into one There was the admission from both of them that they love each other, the realisation by Booth that Bones wasn't going to allow herself to act up on that feeling and that if he was going to find happiness, it would have to be with someone else. That covered about 4 years of ship in one ep I loved it! Probably because I was prepared for the angst. I remember back around S3 Hart saying that the leads wouldn't be together until the end of the show, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna stick to that. There's gonna be a big rollercoaster ride starting now that gonna be angst ridden as hell. As long as it's written as well as I felt the 100th ep to be, I'm gonna be a very happy angsty shipper
              Sorry it took so long to reply, I was looking for a quote, and I didn't have much luck.
              Spoiler:
              I completly agree!
              Well, apart from the "Hart saying that the leads wouldn't be together until the end of the show, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna stick to that." I doubt that the fans would be able to last that long, considering they (Might have) just got renewed for a s7. Plus in a resent interview HH said that the Bones writers (Or at least him) don't believe in the "Moonlighting Curse" (Thank goodness!!) so I think (And hope) that they'll get together before that.

*Sighs* I love that show.
              But as for everything else, I agree. I'm actually trying to get inside of Bones's head during that finale scene. NOT an easy task.
              OK, that was kind of random...

*Huggles woohoos*
              sigpic

Comment

First the value 1lb is equal to $1.535 U.S. as of 8:25 pm. It's been about that amount for some time.

And you might be right I did delete part of the copied message so maybe I deleted the brackets.
                Thanks.
                Thanks llp! Based on this exchange rate then I would say that the wine is a bit less expensive there than it is here, however (and it's a big however) when I did a quick look-up of some of the listed wines I noticed that the sites with info were all UK sites. Most were from the same Italian vineyard so that could why it's available only in the UK (for numerous reasons but one big one is exclusivity, another is transportation costs, licensing costs, distributorship, taxes and a million and one other fees which may or may not pertain to both the US and the UK).
                Wow! That was a long boring ramble.
                I'd better get to bed now.
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ* That's just so wrong. People suck sometimes.

*crosses limbs for Bree*

Speech went okay, my teacher said I set the bar high. The question I got was what's my favorite movie...I picked Avatar.

Ohhh speaking of wine...I have my first taste (ever) of it last weekend at my Aunt's house. It was peach something or other...pretty good...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

*crosses limbs for Bree*

Speech went okay, my teacher said I set the bar high. The question I got was what's my favorite movie...I picked Avatar.

Ohhh speaking of wine...I have my first taste (ever) of it last weekend at my Aunt's house. It was peach something or other...pretty good...
                    Wow, great job Amanda. I would never be able to do a speech. I'm shy.

Cags, the meal looks absolutely delicious. Nice review.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

*crosses limbs for Bree*

Well done, Amanda. That's quite high praise!

Edit: *does a '69 dance and vows to take more notice so she can do something special for them for a change!*
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

Bree the price of wine bought in restaurants here is very high. The Arlington Estate for which they charge £16+ can be bought in our supermarkets and wine shops for less than £5 You can get a decent Shiraz or Merlot (Jacob's Creek for example) for between £5 and £7, but the restaurants usually triple the price. As a rough guide, most of the wines on that list can be bought by the bottle for little more than what they are charging per glass!!!

Comment

Comment

Thank you, Jumble.
                            I do love that I'm standing in a Stargate. I'm dork enough for that to make me happy.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Thanks.
                              That happens to me all the time. I am always having to go back and edit posts I write.
                              I don't think any harm was done in the end.

Wow great praise, well done.
                              Home made wine, was it? That's the worst kind.

Hmm, I may have a go at making home made wine this year. I have a lot of poppies coming up. I wonder if you can make poppy wine? No? Oh well.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              Thank you, Jumble.
                              I do love that I'm standing in a Stargate. I'm dork enough for that to make me happy.
                              Not a dork at all.

You're actually a geek.

There is a difference.

I'm a geek and proud of it.

Congrats on your 69 post!

Glad you like the review. I hate the picture of me. Well you do don't you.
                              I am supposed to be working but, *sigh* it being school holidays, absolutey nobody is around so I have no new emails or phonecalls so not much to do. I could, I suppose, run through the presentation I have got to do at the end of the month but I just can't be arsed. I may force Charles to sit through it when he gets home instead.

*huggles and positive vibes, Bree*
                              sigpic

Comment

I hate the pic of me too Did you go through and pick out the absolute worse one you could find?

Comment

Working...
                                X