• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and on the first! The second is beautiful
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

llp, please check the tags on your Bones post. None of it is in spoilers and all of it should be. Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        So what, are Mondays 'tease Josi' day now?
        Yes!

Wendy, now that you're finally home we can say it..........

WELL DONE! YOU DID IT!!!!
        WOOHOOOOOD!!!!

Comment

Good luck, Bree

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Sounds like a fun weekend was had by all... you did all behave yourselves, right.
          Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          Just how familiar are you with this group llp?

*Good behavior is not high on their list of things to do*

I think we're actually well known for the high standard of good-behaviour and decency with which we hold ourselves. We never deviate from that, and our Halos' shine like Christmas trees...

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Luuuuuuuuuuuucy I'm hooooooooooooome

from my bloody brilliant trip

Downsize...came by school and found out my German mark...it's so incredibly low that I think I only had one question correct
          *hugs for the grade*

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          *stumbles in* First day back at work and I'm exhausted! Who said staying up until 5am was a good idea?? *looks around*

*crosses every limb, digit and piggy for LJ*
          It wasn't me but I didn't vote against it.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Stop crossing things. It was just another scammer. Or the same one. Whatever.

*goes out, crying*
          *hugs* I'm sorry. Some people are disgusting.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Yes!

Wendy, now that you're finally home we can say it..........

WELL DONE! YOU DID IT!!!!
            WOOHOOOOOD!!!!

YAYYYYY!!! *dances*

*bounces*
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Weren't Mondays tease Josi day already?

Just off to bed but wanted to share with you all that I was just sorting through todays junk mail (thank you Royal Mail for scrapping the limits on junk mail ) and what did I happen to notice but a flyer from a local MP "Rod Wood" - I nearly died laughing, Dave did not understand

Now faced with an impossible dilemma...is it bad to vote for someone based on a name?

*skips off to bed* Woodnight all *huggles*

Comment

*dies laughing too*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Just off to bed but wanted to share with you all that I was just sorting through todays junk mail (thank you Royal Mail for scrapping the limits on junk mail ) and what did I happen to notice but a flyer from a local MP "Rod Wood" - I nearly died laughing, Dave did not understand

Now faced with an impossible dilemma...is it bad to vote for someone based on a name?

I don't think so...

Woodnight!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

It's as good a reason as any, especially with that particular name

Comment

Ron Wood...

I have an Alan Keen to think about voting for. I'm not too... keen.

*cue mass woohoo groan*

Well done Wendy! Glad you got home safely. Yes, you were last; even Jann beat you home!

Nad I love the second one. Well I love the first one too but it's a tad scary.

Ok Joe Stylee (well not really, just the pictures) resturant review coming up. As soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures the right size.

EDIT: Woodnight Sarai!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmph, that took a while but...

The Meal

We booked in for an early meal at 114 The Arch, favouring the opportunity to go back to Sarai’s, kick Dave off the XWii3 and ogle nekkid RDA *ahem* Sadly, the latter part of the plan did not work out so well (we watched Bones 100th episode instead – hey ho). The general ambience of the restaurant was pleasant, with soothingly decorated flock wallpaper, although the ambient temperature was too high for my comfort. The service, while reasonable, wasn’t anything special which is certainly something you expect with slightly classier establishments and their price ranges. I also had an issue with the speed of service. We’d barely sat down and they were asking if we’d decided on our meal, and then when we had ordered the food came along just a little too quickly for comfort. In hindsight, eating later wood have meant less rushing but then, it wood probably have been very late and no time to enjoy nekkid RDA (not that we did anyway in the end but that was forefront of most of our minds at the time).

The starters were easily the nicest part of the meal and they were all excellent:

Lemon, dill and parsley crusted king prawns with basil aioli (aioli is a sort of light mayonnaise, although we did have to ask the waitress what aioli was – who didn’t know either and had to ask the chef! )

Jumble assures us it was quite delicious.

Nut encrusted deep fried goat’s cheese with apple and pear chutney and rocket salad. Very nice although I’d hesitate to describe the two lonely leaves of rocket as a salad.

Pan toasted king scallops with soft herb & creme fraiche risotto.

I’m reliably informed the risotto was “to die for”

*throws sheet over Sarai.*

Home farmed venison & chicken liver pate with port woodland berry jelly and toasted brioche. Josi appeared to be enjoying it a lot!

Roasted garlic creamed button mushrooms with rosemary & thyme mini ciabatta. Looked scrummy and I wished Wendy was sitting slightly closer so I could snurch.

Main courses were a slight disappointment after such promising starters. Nice enough but, when you’re comparing to Anderson’s it is slightly unfair to expect them to come up to par.

Chestnut and cranberry stuffed boneless duck leg with crushed honey roasted parsnips and port sauce. A misunderstanding from those of us who ordered this led us to expect whole parsnips which, as any parsnip connoisseur will know, are delicious in honey so, well, anything after was going to be a disappointment. The duck was somewhat overpowered by the stuffing.

Norfolk chicken breast with wild mushrooms and tarragon cream, steamed greens and dauphinoise potatoes.

Oma had the pan fried sea bass with saffron, chorizo & mussel chowder which, was interesting in the complete and utter lack of chorizo in the dish!

We’d barely had time to clear the plates when dessert was served, which is possibly why so many were totally lightweight leaving us hardcore dessert lovers to bravely take it for the team.

Spiced treacle and oatmeal tart with vanilla pod custard. Looked and smelt absolutely scrumptious!

Banana crème brulee with Baileys and dark chocolate sorbet. You would think that wood be divine but, actually, the brulee was very ordinary and the sorbet (which was really just an ice cream, albeit a delicious one) contributed to a “too many flavours” syndrome. Perhaps I am spoilt by Andersons – The Best Creme Brulee in the World

Rocky Road Eton mess with coconut parfait as sampled by Jann (who was unable to finish it, as were the rest of us who all had a try).

Despite the slight disappointment over the speed and the quality of some of the main and third courses, the entire event was made oh so worthwhile by the wonderful company who cheerfully and bravely agreed to mug like crazy so we could get plenty of Joe Stylee pics:

Sarai’s seems slightly worried about the “crazy Dutch girl” beside her... who moments later shoved her out the way for...

*insert your own hot guy here*

Girlie pics!

Oma making note of all the meals (and thus making it possible to write this review). You can tell she’s a mum, can’t you!

The obligatory “well alright if you must take a picture of me...” pose.

Bored much, were you Jann?

And there we all are. Minus Sarai who...

Ah there’s she is! GimPS, get manipping these two pics together.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cags, it won't let me green you. But that report is FABULOUS!

Awesomeness! Heeeeee.

And if you had sat next to me, I would have let you snurch. Actually, if you'd yelled to me 'pass me your plate', I probably would have.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I greened her for you Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              I greened her for you Wendy
                              Ah, Jumble, thank you That's muchly appreciated.

I'm surprised I'm awake I really should sleep...
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

So should I, and I really meant to go to bed a couple of hours ago but got distracted

I'm definitely going now though

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X