No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles you all* Thanks for the talking too (or semi-lectures )

Sarai, I watched that Dove video, very interesting! There's a few of those video relating to that Dove program that I watched.

EH-T, thanks for the link to that book, I'll have to check it out!

Jumble thanks for the mini-lecture talking to, I'm going to try to concentrate on school and my grades and having fun (but not too much) and not so much on boys because I've got my whole life to worry about them, right? And I'm going to try to be myself, even if I am a rather awkward geekish girl. *huggles*

((((Oma)))) A hot!mac pic for you!

Teenagers... I can honestly say I've never rebelled or anything like that, I like my parents trust that they have in me way too much.

Aww man, I wish I didn't have such a fear of flying, I would totally join you guys in that shipmeet!

Edit- D'oh! I forgot to mention my speech, it went okay all things considering. My teacher asked for volunteers and I raised my hand and went first just to get it out of the way.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I wood imagine Heathrow wood be best, but don't take my word for it Maybe you could fly over the day before we travel and stay with Cags, then we could pick you up on our way
      I was just abotut to say that. If you don't mind sharing your bed with a cat or two.. give me a night off from them.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Sounds like a plan

I don't even know where Heathrow is in relation to our route. My geography is rubbish
      Actually Heathrow might be out your way to Josi. I assume you're driving up to Josi and then on to Leeds? You could come in and go M25, M40 but I wouldn't touch the M25 with a bargepole if you can avoid it. In your position I'd be more inclined to cut through to Reading and then out to Newbury on the M4 and pick up the A34 to Oxford. I am pretty sure that wood be a 100% better than the very nasty busiest section of the M25 (which I know is pants because I travel it a lot going up the A1) You'll probably go M40, M1 to Leeds.
      Although, none of that matters becuase, or course Jann can stay with me and / or I can pick her up from the airport and bring her to yours Jumble and at least I'll see a couple of you.

Sorry Jann, I am not going. *cries* I only wish. I really, really do wish. I'd have to work hard on hubby and be super-nice to him if I want to skivvy off for a weekend of drunkeness WooHooness. Not even sure I could cope with the separation anxiety from the little one - that's my separation anxiety not his because I'm sure he'd not even know I'd gone. We've never had a night apart yet. Gotta do it some time I guess

It's sounding more and more like an awesome meetup!

*squishy huggles Oma*

Although, Oma, I have to admit, if you're stroppy teen is going to make you post stuff like that I might have to contact her and advise how best to deliberately antagonise you. I snurched quite a few of them.

Jumble, gorgeous car. Love the colour choice! How about calling it "Marty".
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        To be honest, Heathrow's a bit out of the way of our route if I'm driving, as I'm further north of both Jumble and Heathrow (and thus nearer to Leeds). But perhaps if I can get the Thursday off too, and Jann flies over then, I could pick her up on Thursday from Heathrow, and we could go to Jumble's Thursday night, then drive up from there on the Friday, meeting Oma in Reading on the way.

Then for coming back, we were going to drive back down on the Sunday, so I guess Jann could book a flight back on Sunday evening, or stay over with Jumble again (or Cags ) and fly back on the Monday.

Wendy, glad you're sorted with the train - as my car will be a bit full!
        Sounds good to me Although she'd probably do better to stay with Cags on the way back, since she's a lot nearer to Heathrow. Apart from that, I'm sure she'd love to have Jann for a few hours since she's missing out on the shipmeet

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *waves to Oma* Nighty night!!!

Let me know what works the best for you Since so far almost all prices are a bit the same but normally speaking morning flight are better for me
        Tell me what day and hour you approximately want me to be in your fair country and I'll be there!

plus of course what kind of candy etc. I need to bring and the size my bag should be

EDIT: And erm..who is going to be there? Oma, Josi, Jumbly, wendy, Sarai me and my dog Nad J/K Cags?!?!?!
        Oh I soooo wish Nad could come too Any chance?

Cags can't make the shipmeet, but I'm sure she'd love us to drop in on our way back

I got distracted by this song earlier..........

Comment

That sounds like the best plan, if Cags can pick Jann up and get her to Jumble's, then she & Jumble can come up to Reading and meet up with Oma and me from there - would save me a lot of driving anyway

*is excited*
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            *huggles you all* Thanks for the talking too (or semi-lectures )

Sarai, I watched that Dove video, very interesting! There's a few of those video relating to that Dove program that I watched.

EH-T, thanks for the link to that book, I'll have to check it out!

Jumble thanks for the mini-lecture talking to, I'm going to try to concentrate on school and my grades and having fun (but not too much) and not so much on boys because I've got my whole life to worry about them, right? And I'm going to try to be myself, even if I am a rather awkward geekish girl. *huggles*

((((Oma)))) A hot!mac pic for you!

Teenagers... I can honestly say I've never rebelled or anything like that, I like my parents trust that they have in me way too much. :

Aww man, I wish I didn't have such a fear of flying, I would totally join you guys in that shipmeet!

Edit- D'oh! I forgot to mention my speech, it went okay all things considering. My teacher asked for volunteers and I raised my hand and went first just to get it out of the way.
            Glad to hear the semi-lecture helped And well done you on the talk Going first is often a good idea, gets it out of the way so you can relax and watch everyone else suffer

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            I was just abotut to say that. If you don't mind sharing your bed with a cat or two.. give me a night off from them.

Actually Heathrow might be out your way to Josi. I assume you're driving up to Josi and then on to Leeds? You could come in and go M25, M40 but I wouldn't touch the M25 with a bargepole if you can avoid it. In your position I'd be more inclined to cut through to Reading and then out to Newbury on the M4 and pick up the A34 to Oxford. I am pretty sure that wood be a 100% better than the very nasty busiest section of the M25 (which I know is pants because I travel it a lot going up the A1) You'll probably go M40, M1 to Leeds.
            Although, none of that matters becuase, or course Jann can stay with me and / or I can pick her up from the airport and bring her to yours Jumble and at least I'll see a couple of you.

Sorry Jann, I am not going. *cries* I only wish. I really, really do wish. I'd have to work hard on hubby and be super-nice to him if I want to skivvy off for a weekend of drunkeness WooHooness. Not even sure I could cope with the separation anxiety from the little one - that's my separation anxiety not his because I'm sure he'd not even know I'd gone. We've never had a night apart yet. Gotta do it some time I guess

It's sounding more and more like an awesome meetup!

*squishy huggles Oma*

Although, Oma, I have to admit, if you're stroppy teen is going to make you post stuff like that I might have to contact her and advise how best to deliberately antagonise you. I snurched quite a few of them.
            Whatever happens, Josiane will have to go via Reading to pick Oma and possibly me, depending how it works out. I'll leave the navigation to somebody who is capable of getting from A to B without getting lost 20 times

Jumble, gorgeous car. Love the colour choice! How about calling it "Marty".
            I wondered who wood be the first to suggest that

No. Just NO!!!! Ok?

Of course you realise, it's going to drive me nuts having to wait two months for it

Comment

Oh how I wish I could come to the shipmeet!!! *le sigh

That's ok...in about 4 years, I have plans to move to the UK...so...you'll all still be there, right?

*huggles Oma for teen* naughty teen! *doesn't mention that she's always wnated a lip-piercing*

Jumbly, I think you should name your car something cryptically Martinesque...not sure what yet
              sigpic

Comment

*waves at LJ*

oooh Cags it wood be so cool to meet you too! I would love that! I mean while I'm in the UK I should try to meet all the UK woohoos right?
                Like I said I'm good that weekend and I don't want it that you girls have a lot of trouble because of me coming, so just let me know what is the most convenient for y'all

and now I'm worrying/hoping that in the end you all will understand me with my Dutch accent

Jumble I'm going to try to get Nad along...hmm...kidnapping? Anywho I don't know how her school system works and that she has those days off as well But yeah...I wish she could come too!
                sigpic

Comment

Two months?

I'd go mental waiting that long.

Then again, last time I had a new car it was a company one and I smashed it up a week later.

Umm, how about.... Percy?

Actually, wait until it arrives and you'll find a name for it without even thinking about it. That's how it always happens with me.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  *feels much better after seeing RDA/Jack thunk* Oh, that man...! *sigh*

Hi Woohoos.
                  Hey there! How's you today?
                  sigpic

Comment

Jann, I understood you just fine and that was two years ago. You will be fine, no worries.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Oh how I wish I could come to the shipmeet!!! *le sigh

That's ok...in about 4 years, I have plans to move to the UK...so...you'll all still be there, right?
                      Absolutely! It'd be awesome to have you over here

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      *waves at LJ*

oooh Cags it wood be so cool to meet you too! I would love that! I mean while I'm in the UK I should try to meet all the UK woohoos right?
                      Like I said I'm good that weekend and I don't want it that you girls have a lot of trouble because of me coming, so just let me know what is the most convenient for y'all

and now I'm worrying/hoping that in the end you all will understand me with my Dutch accent

Jumble I'm going to try to get Nad along...hmm...kidnapping? Anywho I don't know how her school system works and that she has those days off as well But yeah...I wish she could come too!
                      No trouble at all, Jann, I'm really excited you're coming and I'm sure the rest of us are too We've just got to work out the most efficient way of gathering us all up so we can get to Sarai's, but we'll figure it out, don't worry
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That sounds like the best plan, if Cags can pick Jann up and get her to Jumble's, then she & Jumble can come up to Reading and meet up with Oma and me from there - would save me a lot of driving anyway

*is excited*
                        *blinks*

Yep...sure What day?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        Jann, I understood you just fine and that was two years ago. You will be fine, no worries.
                        You had B for help with the translating plus Lies was there who speaks better English than me and also translated me

Oh you remember the time I accidentally started to speak Dutch to you
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Two months?

I'd go mental waiting that long.

Then again, last time I had a new car it was a company one and I smashed it up a week later.
                          It's because I want the new registration number No point having a new car if it looks a year old two months after you get it

Umm, how about.... Percy?
                          Oh FCOL! As if I wood call my cute little car THAT!!!

Actually, wait until it arrives and you'll find a name for it without even thinking about it. That's how it always happens with me.

Hey there! How's you today?
                          That's what I've always done in the past. I had a Cortina called Harry, a Montego called Monty (soooo original ), a Sierra called William..... uh, can't remember if the Zafira had a name......... and the Grand Scenic doesn't have a name either Hmm. I'm sure something appropriate will come to me when I'm driving it.

What? Nobody wants to suggest 'Woody'?

Comment

I find I'm missing people's posts because of this new format

*waves to LJ and sends huggles*

Comment

No trouble at all, Jann, I'm really excited you're coming and I'm sure the rest of us are too We've just got to work out the most efficient way of gathering us all up so we can get to Sarai's, but we'll figure it out, don't worry
                              I hope so LOL
                              Let me just know the approximate times/dates that I need to book my ticket and then it'll be fine...I hope

ROFL on the names for the cars...hmm...so no Marty or Woody? What about Jumbly? (since the purple kind of makes it a girly car )
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I wish I could come and be with you guys too! But, just a little too far to go!

And wonderful, fantastic, thunkable pics! THUNK!

Comment

Working...
                                X