X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thread of nekkid hippies! oh my!

Comment

I'm here-ish

I was playing with one of Martin's products.

Congrats on the Big '69, Rac80!!!!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        A thread of nekkid hippies! oh my!
        Ah, but aren't we always?
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          What are you doing over here? Did you get evicted from the old place?
          A little tidbit from the con. AT was explaining that the filming of Requiem was very intense and she and Martin had their first ever fight on the set. However, it only lasted about two minutes. Afterwards they kept apologizing to each other.
          We had to choose between keeping our name or staying in the C&R, so we ended up moving here

And isn't that very Canadian?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Woohood I didn't even notice my '69 post I just love that number *insert gutter*
          Congrats on the Yucky '69!!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Hey woohoos *waves to fellow hippies*

So you know when I said I didn't have a favorite PTB...I think I'm going to stay neutral
          So really I just can't choose

Don't worry. They really are all awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Some married women who don't use their husband's name still call themselves 'Miss Cooper', but others prefer to be 'Ms'. I have never understood why anyone wood want to be called 'Ms', I absolutely hate it As a divorced woman I often get that, but I'm pretty quick to correct it

I actually just prefer to be called by my proper name, with no salutation

Edit: Oh yeah, that's sparked off an interesting discussion
            I am sort of the same way...EXCEPT... when my niece was living with a guy he tried to call me "aunt" and i informed him that a marriage certificate was required before he could call me that... he could call me Mrs.??..my niece was furious because I let her sister's HUSBAND call me aunt.... now if the young man had asked first I probably would have said ok...just never EVER assume with me! Yep I am a stinky auntie at times
            I am "older" and have issues with people who wish me to call them mr, mrs , dr. etc... who call me by my first name...I usually respond that's Mrs. ?? to you. Then there are college profs who address all of the female students as Ms. ?? I usually let them know that Mrs. ?? is my preferred designation.
            *hurtles in hyperventilating* OMG! OMG! I've just found a whole load of footage of Martin that I didn't know I had And he looks ab.so.lute.ly GORGEOUS!!!

*takes deep breath*

Ok, so I wanted to watch Rising and instead of taking it from the boxed set, I took the single dvd version of it, and I noticed it has 'A Preview of Atlantis' on it which I didn't recall seeing. So I clicked on it and...........

Anyone else seen it?

*runs off to get caps*
            so is that the name of the special? or does it have another one?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              And isn't that very Canadian?

Yes it is!

BTW, there was mention at the con that the 3rd SG1 movie has definitely been green lit and should start filming in the fall. To be directed by Mr. Martin Wood.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm here-ish

I was playing with one of Martin's products.

Congrats on the Big '69, Rac80!!!!
                You can't leave us hanging like that........... which one??????

Rac80 Yep, it's called 'A Preview of Atlantis' and it's full of Martin I think I noticed one or two other people..................

I actually find 'Ms' quite offensive. What does it mean? It just sounds......... icky!

I've never allowed anyone to call me 'aunt' (although I might make an exception in Caitlin's case ) and I refused to be called 'Grandma'... it sounds so old I'm 'Nan' to my grandkids, or 'Jumble' if they're feeling cheeky

Comment

*rushes in*

Just realised I've been a very bad Woohoo and neglected to tell you all I'm away for the Easter weekend . On a friends laptop atm, but I'll be back on Monday with fun stories to tell!

(((Woohoos)))

*rushes out*

Comment

I have a little OT question and I'm too lazy to look it up...

For a woman, if she's married and has her husband's name, it's Mrs. Wood. And if she's not married it's Ms. Cooper.

But if the woman is married, but she isn't using her husbands name (take AT for example. Married, but uses her maiden name), is it still Mrs. or wood that be Ms.?
                    Could be that a person that uses their maiden name after marriage uses it only profesionally, but personally uses her husbands everywhere else and would be Mrs, as I am thinking AT does.

My mom was thinking of using her maiden name after my dad died and I told her fine, but I would never introduce her with it, she was Mrs. for 42 years and that is what I was introducing her as. She never did go back maiden name.

I usually like everything English, but I hate it when ordering from England I have to be a Ms. Don't wanna be a Ms. and I hate to be a ma'am!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Yes it is!

BTW, there was mention at the con that the 3rd SG1 movie has definitely been green lit and should start filming in the fall. To be directed by Mr. Martin Wood.
                      WONDERFUL I was hoping he WOOD direct it! wonder if he'll do a little cameo? (if he visits this thread he might be scared of us )
                      You can't leave us hanging like that........... which one??????

Rac80 Yep, it's called 'A Preview of Atlantis' and it's full of Martin I think I noticed one or two other people..................

I actually find 'Ms' quite offensive. What does it mean? It just sounds......... icky!

I've never allowed anyone to call me 'aunt' (although I might make an exception in Caitlin's case ) and I refused to be called 'Grandma'... it sounds so old I'm 'Nan' to my grandkids, or 'Jumble' if they're feeling cheeky
                      I have been an Aunt since the ripe old age of 12 (35 years now... my "baby" niece is so old!) , so I don't mind that a bit. I too consider Ms. offensive...maybe 'cause I remember the 70's. As for grandkids (gulp!) none in sight! (thus far... daughter is still single thank the monkey gods!) but when they do show I am a "nana" type person methinks.
                      OT- did you guys know that a university in India (don't remember which one now) has named the monkey god as a dean? he even has a secretary (relative of the chancellor methinks) wild eh?
                      Thanks for the info on the special ...now I need to decide if it is on my sg1 special collection set or do I need to buy Rising? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        *rushes in*

Just realised I've been a very bad Woohoo and neglected to tell you all I'm away for the Easter weekend . On a friends laptop atm, but I'll be back on Monday with fun stories to tell!

(((Woohoos)))

*rushes out*
                        Hope you have a brilliant week-end, can't wait for the stories

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        WONDERFUL I was hoping he WOOD direct it! wonder if he'll do a little cameo? (if he visits this thread he might be scared of us )
                        We've known for a while that he wood be directing SG1-3 Cant' wait to see what he does with it

I have been an Aunt since the ripe old age of 12 (35 years now... my "baby" niece is so old!) , so I don't mind that a bit. I too consider Ms. offensive...maybe 'cause I remember the 70's. As for grandkids (gulp!) none in sight! (thus far... daughter is still single thank the monkey gods!) but when they do show I am a "nana" type person methinks.
                        I have 6 grandchildren already, and one daughter yet to produce...... Christmas gets veeeeery expensive
                        OT- did you guys know that a university in India (don't remember which one now) has named the monkey god as a dean? he even has a secretary (relative of the chancellor methinks) wild eh?
                        Thanks for the info on the special ...now I need to decide if it is on my sg1 special collection set or do I need to buy Rising? hmmmmmmmmmmm
                        Well it's not on my R1 set, only on the R1 single dvd. On the other hand, the boxed set has 'Stargate Atlantis Set Tour with Martin Wood and PDL' which is not on the single dvd, so I'm glad I got both

I can't believe it's nearly 3am Just shows how time flies when trying to find Martin clips for a vid

I really need to get to bed........

Woodnight (((((WooHoos))))))

*huggles Martin secretly so Michael doesn't notice

Comment

happy easter woohoos!!!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Happy Easter, fabulous Woohoos

*throws out Easter eggs*

One of you lucky ladies will find a pair of Martin's shorts in your hollow easter egg! good luck
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

*throws out Easter eggs*

One of you lucky ladies will find a pair of Martin's shorts in your hollow easter egg! good luck
                              *hurriedly steps out of the way of the ensuing stampede*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I have 6 grandchildren already, and one daughter yet to produce...... Christmas gets veeeeery expensive
                                6 isn't that much if you compare it with my RL granny...she has now 21 grandkids...I'm number 9
                                For her Sinterklaas(or version of Christmas) got also REALLY expensive...so far that she now only holds it with the little ones for presents... We're only there for the food

I can't believe it's nearly 3am Just shows how time flies when trying to find Martin clips for a vid

I really need to get to bed........

Woodnight (((((WooHoos))))))

*huggles Martin secretly so Michael doesn't notice
                                Rofl, but how is the vid going? You making progress?

lol I hope he didn't

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

*throws out Easter eggs*

Shorts?!?! *goes of to find the eggs*

Happy Easter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X