No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it is barely walking - definately not fast!

And our weather is suppose to cool down to the low/mid 70's (21.6 to about 23.8°C) by Thurs and stay until at least Sunday! YEAH!
    sigpic

Comment

it was 100 here today again
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        it was 100 here today again
        One of the advantages of living here - winters are wet but not much snow and summer are warm but really hot weather is limited. Of course with the very poor weather that is all over the world these days - it won't stay quite as idyllic.... but it still beats most of the rest of the nation! All I need is some water wings occasionally - and never live near a river or such, unless you are on a very solid higher ground!
        (That's why I chose this area to retire to!)
        sigpic

Comment

Our weather hasn't been too bad this week. The mornings are around 15C with a gentle breeze and the days are warm (around 25-28C), but not generally not too humid. And the heat factor isn't big either. It's a nice change from last week.

Random fact about my week: I really like the kids we have in this week's Space Camp. Our four crews are really nice, and we don't have to do much discipline. Most of them are also really interested in what we have to teach them.This week is pretty good so far, and it makes me happy! I like it when kids are like that. (Why aren't they always, heh?)

*hugs Woohoos*
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

This is from Gillian Horvath's twitter account (pretty good for a luddite, eh?);
            RT @PrimevalNewWrld Did you know Saturday's ep was directed by @AmandaTapping? She takes you behind the scenes: http://youtu.be/xwLz3DmGjMQ

Martin is at the beginning.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              perhaps it wasn't as fast as he wanted?
              All day I have been resisting ickybahing that remark.............

Comment

So they've named the Royal baby - George Alexander Louis. Didn't see that coming at all! Apart from the George that is

Comment

George Alexander Louis - would of preferred the Alexander first, but I doubt they had much choice. King George - doesn't do it for me.... King Alexander or King Alex sounds better. At least the kid wasn't nameless for a long period of time. So King George it is!
                  sigpic

Comment

There wood never be a King Alexander or King Louis - totally un-British names. In any case, it will be a very long time before he becomes king - long after most of us have passed on. I don't expect to see King William in my lifetime, let alone King George.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      There wood never be a King Alexander or King Louis - totally un-British names. In any case, it will be a very long time before he becomes king - long after most of us have passed on. I don't expect to see King William in my lifetime, let alone King George.
                      With the longevity in the royal family - I doubt it!
                      sigpic

Comment

everyone has an opinion about the name. I have to admit I got quite angry earlier on; one of my friends on facebook posted a note about the name and one of her friends (not someone I know) just started going "oh I hate that name, they should have called it blah blah..." I felt like replying "luckily for you it's not your child and luckily for them they probably don't give a chuff what you think."

I like the name. I think George was easy to predict but the rest was not what I expected at all (I thought they'd be a Charles or a Philip in there somewhere) but it's a good royal name with a modern twist. I suspect my stepson and wife will be grimacing at the Alexander bit though, since that's what their baby is called and, inevitably, it'll become very popular this year. Poor child will probably be asked most of his life if his parents were royal supporters or something.

To be honest I'll be a little surprised if I got to see William as king; I'm only 11 years older than him but given how long lived they seem to be - barring injuries or illness - I think Charles may well outlive me!

Sorry I have not been terribly chatty the last few days; end of term madness here. Yay for the summer holidays! Those who have me on facebook will have seen my poorly pusscat had a massive tooth abscess; one side of her face swelled up and she had to have surgery to have the tooth out and the abscess drained. Anesthesia on a 16 year old cat is never very straightforward. She was really sick and ended up staying in animal hospital overnight while I fretted both about her health and my bank balance. She's home again now (and I'm £350 lighter in the bank) and much better but her face is a shocking mess and it's quite upsetting seeing her so poorly. I know I am a soppy silly idiot and she's just a cat... but she's my cat and my fur baby and it turns out I am a daft cat lady after all.
                        Oh and I spent the day as a pirate on Sunday. A pirate wench to be more precise. Also doubles as a gypsy wench.
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess everyone will have an opinion on the names, and some will be louder than others George was indeed easily predicted, but definitely fitting I think

Of course, Lord Mountbatton was Louis - a close friend and mentor to Prince Charles - but I don't know where Alexander came from.

Charles is a little older than me, and I hope to see him crowned eventually - but William? I doubt if I'll live that long.... in fact I don't think I want to - another ten years will do me nicely thankyouverymuch

Comment

Martin Wood @realmartinwood 8h
                            To truly Direct a good Christmas movie you have to become one with Christmas...and give up your genitalia...

Comment

I know about "royal names" so I totally understand the George part. I had an uncle with that name so I like the name even if it is not very popular right now (although I suspect that won't be true in the future). And as for the Lord Mountbatton part - I totally understand the use of Louis. Prince Charles thought very highly of him and it was said they were extremely close. Alexander might be someone in Kate's side of the family. After all - they are a more modern thinking couple (I suspect Diana's influence there) and might want to cover all bases. I hear they haven't even hired a nanny yet so they can take care of the baby themselves. Now I know that is not a "royal" way of thinking... or I should say it never was before.

Cags - I was brought up Jewish - and the Jews never name anyone after a close living relative so Philip or Charles would never work that way. So I'm only looking at it from my point of reference. Actually I was made to believe there would be another name or two as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                I guess everyone will have an opinion on the names, and some will be louder than others George was indeed easily predicted, but definitely fitting I think

Of course, Lord Mountbatton was Louis - a close friend and mentor to Prince Charles - but I don't know where Alexander came from.

Charles is a little older than me, and I hope to see him crowned eventually - but William? I doubt if I'll live that long.... in fact I don't think I want to - another ten years will do me nicely thankyouverymuch
                                Originally posted by llp View Post
                                I know about "royal names" so I totally understand the George part. I had an uncle with that name so I like the name even if it is not very popular right now (although I suspect that won't be true in the future). And as for the Lord Mountbatton part - I totally understand the use of Louis. Prince Charles thought very highly of him and it was said they were extremely close. Alexander might be someone in Kate's side of the family. After all - they are a more modern thinking couple (I suspect Diana's influence there) and might want to cover all bases. I hear they haven't even hired a nanny yet so they can take care of the baby themselves. Now I know that is not a "royal" way of thinking... or I should say it never was before.

Cags - I was brought up Jewish - and the Jews never name anyone after a close living relative so Philip or Charles would never work that way. So I'm only looking at it from my point of reference. Actually I was made to believe there would be another name or two as well.
                                The explanation we were given here is that Alexander is the male version of Alexandria which is one of Queen Elizabeth II's middle names (after her grandmother). It was in honour of the Queen.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X