The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/keepabottle.jpgriginal

welcome to my life.

Actually I spoiled myself the other week and spent a bit more on a nicer bottle of wine. Thing is, now I don't think I can go back to the cheap nasty £3.99 a bottle stuff I was drinking.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *puts her feet up next to LJ* woohoos - do i go for a run and feel the wrath of my bad back for the next few days or do i not and feel like a fatty po patty for the next few days? :-S
    Fatty po patty... ? *snurches phrase*

*huggles* for the back.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Since Matt took over from the obnoxious Tennant Actually, to be more accurate, off and on since it started with William Hartnell
    I was a Tom Baker girl myself.

Having had a lovely lie-in until 10.30, I've just looked out the window - snow!!! About six inches of it. Wasn't it the first day of Spring a few days ago?
    This time last year I was prepping the patio ready to get the pool up before the hosepipe ban. We've got to get a break in this awful weather soon.

Right, best go shopping and stock up on wine. And, er, food.
    sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I still find it disturbing that I understood most of the Doctor Who talk, even though I've hardly ever watched it.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
      Woohood!
      Funny, but I never get that response if I say I'm about to run into a room nekkid in RL...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I think it's official.
        I killed GW!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Not quite, but I think you put it in a coma

Yesterday's snow has almost gone, but there is more trying to fall.

Comment

Right dead for hours and hours...
            sigpic

Comment

Right dead for hours and hours...
              Bit like me then.

Totally hungover here. It was only wine! I think I am going to have to switch back to spirits; I appear to do less idiotically dumb things on spirits.

Welcome back GW. There there, Nad, I am sure it wasn't you really. Nothing personal and all that. Just... GW running late for the usual Friday F...thing.

*puts dark glasses on and slinks back into Corner-Of-Shame*
              sigpic

Comment

Actually... thinking about it, I don't do less idiotically dumb things on spirits; I just don't remember them so well the next day. Still switching to spirits though.
                sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Jumble; 24 March 2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

*huggles Cags for hangover and indecision*

You know, this staying sober thingy isn't so bad - I do at least remember when I've had fun the night before, in detail

Comment

But but... what if I don't want to remember?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        But but... what if I don't want to remember?
                        Then you can just forget it - at least you'd have the choice

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Not quite, but I think you put it in a coma
                          Hm. That doesn't make me feel better...

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Welcome back GW. There there, Nad, I am sure it wasn't you really. Nothing personal and all that. Just... GW running late for the usual Friday F...thing.

*puts dark glasses on and slinks back into Corner-Of-Shame*
                          Probably.

And isn't alcohol alcohol no matter what kind of drink it's in?
                          I mean... If one drinks enough of it, the effects are the same, right?

I was wondering where the Jumble Banner was...

sigpic

Comment

actually, it's not the alcohol that may be more difficult for some than others, but the other things in the mix. Wine for example has grape juice as it's base and will retain a lot of the grape characteristics. Spirits are more concentrated alcohol content (so fewer by-products), also grain is the usual base. I have a real problem tolerating tequila - gives me a stomachache like crazy - but other alcoholic drinks I have no problem with.
                            sigpic

Comment

actually, it's not the alcohol that may be more difficult for some than others, but the other things in the mix. Wine for example has grape juice as it's base and will retain a lot of the grape characteristics. Spirits are more concentrated alcohol content (so fewer by-products), also grain is the usual base. I have a real problem tolerating tequila - gives me a stomachache like crazy - but other alcoholic drinks I have no problem with.
                              Really? That's kind of cool.
                              And it makes me happy I'm not a big drinker.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I think the fruits in wine are what make the hangovers worse. I always have a wicked hangover on wine, whereas spirits, normally I'm a bit woozy but recover much quicker.
                                Funnily enough tequila is the one drink that doesn't really give me a hangover. Not proper pure agave tequila anyway; that blended rubbish we get in the supermarkets here is not great.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X