The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    You don't like Matt's Doctor??? I loved him, hated Tennant Horses for courses once again
    That's what I love about doctor Who, if someone doesn't like the current one, we'll get a different which is great
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

There are lots of things that I can do with either hand (ambiduodextrous don'tcha know ), including writing, although it's more legible if I use my left hand The number pad on my laptop is on the right, which is a right pain because I can only do that with my left hand
      Most of what I do I seem to do left handed - even the number pad, however awkward it is - apart from sports for some reason. I play squash better right handed and the (extremely!) few times I've kicked a ball I use my right foot

Society, and manufacturers in particular, still view lefties as being in the minority and therefore of no consequence But it's not quite so bad now - school teachers no longer rap the knuckles of a child who writes with their left hand, which used to be the norm

/ramble
      When I first started school my Mother was told that no child is naturally left handed and she should tie my hand behind my back to discourage me from being "difficult"
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Most of what I do I seem to do left handed - even the number pad, however awkward it is - apart from sports for some reason. I play squash better right handed and the (extremely!) few times I've kicked a ball I use my right foot
        I was totally useless at tennis, because I could never decide which hand to use I kick left-footed.

When I first started school my Mother was told that no child is naturally left handed and she should tie my hand behind my back to discourage me from being "difficult"
        Seriously? I thought that way of thinking went out with the Ark I remember being 'encouraged' with a ruler to use my right hand

*thinks*

That makes me look as if I'm as old as the Ark........... which I'm not......... quite

Comment

I was totally useless at tennis, because I could never decide which hand to use I kick left-footed.

If you are as old as the ark = what does that make me!

Seriously? I thought that way of thinking went out with the Ark I remember being 'encouraged' with a ruler to use my right hand

*thinks*

That makes me look as if I'm as old as the Ark........... which I'm not......... quite
          I am more right handed then left, but I do use both hands, especially since the surgery. I find that after the surgery, I have started eating with the fork in my left hand a lot more. It seems to have stuck! I can write with both hands (which also improved since the surgery) but it is still more legible using my right hand. But the left one now has become stronger - only because I can't seem to gain the strenght back in my right one - combo of surgery and age I guess!
          sigpic

Comment

*thinks*
            Oh very seriously! I used to have to sit with my left side against the classroom wall to 'encourage' me to use my right hand. The only thing it seemed to encourage was the illegibility of my handwriting!

Reminds me about what Ellie said to me on Sunday whilst I was still getting over the tail end of my Hangover.

"Don't you think you are a little old to be going clubbing Mommy?" which would have been fine apart from the next sentence which was "You didn't do anything to embarrass me did you Mommy, like dance like you do in front of the Xbox?"
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Woo! All by myself! *limps around nekkid*
              sigpic

Comment

MR, you need to educate your daughter better - you are NEVER too old to go clubbing

*waves to LJ* You shouldn't be walking around, nekkid or otherwise - go put your feet up!

A reminder.............

Comment

hmmm...it'd better be virtual cake - I'm trying to lose 10 pounds
                  sigpic

Comment

It definitely needs to be - I'm trying to lose 20 pounds

I am steadfastly ignoring the zillions of Easter Eggs that keep calling to me every time I go near a shop

Comment

*runs in*

Nekkid.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *runs in*

Nekkid.
                        Woohood!
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yay for Woody's healthiness :-)

What is this news about Dr Who? Matt Smith is leaving??!

(also - its becoming clearer to me how long i've been away. Since when does Jumble watch Dr Who?)

*puts her feet up next to LJ* woohoos - do i go for a run and feel the wrath of my bad back for the next few days or do i not and feel like a fatty po patty for the next few days? :-S
                            sigpic

Comment

The WooHoo Lounge

Edited to add: WOOHOO! my 69!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                Yay for Woody's healthiness :-)

What is this news about Dr Who? Matt Smith is leaving??!
                                That's right

(also - its becoming clearer to me how long i've been away. Since when does Jumble watch Dr Who?)
                                Since Matt took over from the obnoxious Tennant Actually, to be more accurate, off and on since it started with William Hartnell

*puts her feet up next to LJ* woohoos - do i go for a run and feel the wrath of my bad back for the next few days or do i not and feel like a fatty po patty for the next few days? :-S
                                Definitely no running with a bad back! Rest up until it's better

Having had a lovely lie-in until 10.30, I've just looked out the window - snow!!! About six inches of it. Wasn't it the first day of Spring a few days ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X