X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Oh if only it was that kind of weed...

Heh yes.
    Just like dirty windows do such a great job at blocking the sun that it wood be a shame to clean them...
    Exactly! Let nature take it's course - who am I to interfere with that?

Comment

Sorry to hear about Martin's absence at Chevron, but yay that he has more work... And look what I saw on twitter (sorry if it's already been posted :-D) http://twitter.com/DylanNealStudio/s...206658/photo/1

Comment

Thanks Cat

I do have that one - he sent some to me to soften the blow of the cancellation

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Exactly! Let nature take it's course - who am I to interfere with that?
          It's the hippy way!

Originally posted by babancat View Post
          Sorry to hear about Martin's absence at Chevron, but yay that he has more work... And look what I saw on twitter (sorry if it's already been posted :-D) http://twitter.com/DylanNealStudio/s...206658/photo/1
          Thanks for sharing

Thanks Cat

I do have that one - he sent some to me to soften the blow of the cancellation
          Aww!
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

...And why is everyone so quiet lately?
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I have been quiet today because I've spent a lovely afternoon with my nephews. Lots of playtime with the older one and lots of cuddles with the brand new one There are some pics on Facebook (I think I have most of you on there now )

Baby Alastair is gorgeous and perfect and doing very well. My sister is obviously tired but also well, and James is a very proud big brother.
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                ...And why is everyone so quiet lately?
                Maybe because you haven't been tossing ickybah around the thread and we've all got bored?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                I have been quiet today because I've spent a lovely afternoon with my nephews. Lots of playtime with the older one and lots of cuddles with the brand new one There are some pics on Facebook (I think I have most of you on there now )
                Gorgeous pics they are too

Baby Alastair is gorgeous and perfect and doing very well. My sister is obviously tired but also well, and James is a very proud big brother.
                Ah, but will it still be exciting in a few months when little Alastair starts moving around and pinching James's favourite toys?

Comment

Gorgeous pics they are too
                  Thanks

Ah, but will it still be exciting in a few months when little Alastair starts moving around and pinching James's favourite toys?
                  Indeed. But so far, so good - he's reacted about as well as I think any of us could have hoped. He was very excited this morning apparently, then for the rest of the day he was very on and off, sometimes coming up to pay attention to Alastair and talking about his little brother and giving him kisses, and then other times keeping well away and essentially ignoring him. I think it helped today because there were so many other members of the family around so he still had lots of attention; we'll see how tomorrow goes
                  sigpic

Comment

That's the thing - everyone needs to give him lots of attention so that he doesn't start to see Alastair as a threat. Sometimes people forget the older sibling when there's a new baby to cuddle and coo over

Comment

That's the thing - everyone needs to give him lots of attention so that he doesn't start to see Alastair as a threat. Sometimes people forget the older sibling when there's a new baby to cuddle and coo over
                      Exactly. I was very conscious going there today to give James every bit as much attention as I usually do, even when cuddling Alastair, because let's face it, Alastair isn't really old enough to notice yet Plus, adorable as Alastair is, James is still a lot more fun right now
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been quiet cuz I'm still horribly, horribly sick! Sitting upright is a big deal for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great baby and big brother pics - love 'em.

Yuck on sick LJ!

I spent two hours tonight in a video chat with two of my sisters and my niece who is expecting. We're having an online shower for her Saturday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw, sorry to hear that LJ - hope you feel better soon *huggles*

Comment

Good grief! There really are some very stoopid people in the world

Current debate on 'This Morning' is about 'girl's toys' and 'boy's toys' (children's, not adult's ) and how girls that wear pink and play with dolls won't grow up to be, for example, scientists, architects or train drivers, because when in a toy shop they see trains, chemistry sets, building kits etc they immediately assume that they shouldn't choose those toys because they are for boys. By the same token, boys will not choose dolls, cooking sets or buggies because they are assumed to be girls' toys What utter tripe! Left to their own devices, children will play with whatever toy takes their fancy that day - I've had several boys that loved nothing better than to tuck up a doll in a pram and take it for a walk, and I don't think I've ever had a girl that didn't freely choose to play with cars and trains. As usual, it's the adults in this picture that are responsible for how their children perceive themselves and the world around them. Poor kids!

When Rob was 3, the one thing he wanted for Christmas was a 'My Little Pony'. Jo had some, so why shouldn't he? His father told him 'Don't be silly - those are for girls' When I mentioned this to my then boyfriend (toyboy, very young, very fit, very...... yes ), he was appalled enough to go straight to the toy shop and buy 'Lickety Split' for Rob and a Transformer for Jo - and neither of them grew up to be gay, which is another ridiculous conclusion often claimed for children playing with the 'wrong' toys

(Yes Josi, I know that half of those apostrophes are in the wrong places )

Comment

Playing with the wrong toys makes you gay?
                                What's funny is that I always liked to think that playing with G.I. Joe too much is what made one of my guy friends gay... *nods*

Loved the baby pics, Josi!

*hugs LJ for being sick* Blegh.

Online parties are awesome!

Maybe because you haven't been tossing ickybah around the thread and we've all got bored?
                                I know you're all perfectly able to come up with your own ickybah

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X