No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go to hell, you can just bet that I'll be at the door to welcome you!

I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, undeniably, detest funerals. If I never go to another (including one for me) it wood be just fine. The last one I was required to attend was my mother's. It was completely a canned service. I swear, the EXACT SAME WORDS were used for her husband's funeral a year and a half earlier. The pity is, it was her favorite son-in-law giving it! All of my sisters and brothers were there naturally, but most of us are not close and the likelihood of seeing some of them again in say, the next 10 years are very slight. Gawd, a couple of them were even shedding crocodile tears! As if our mother hadn't been the beast from hell for the better part of 80 years...
    sigpic

Comment

I hate funerals too. My family have strict instructions NOT to have one fore me. Small graveside deal.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
        I hate funerals too. My family have strict instructions NOT to have one fore me. Small graveside deal.
        I so agree. First, my immediate family have all gone (my brother being the last one). My aunt is over 90 so sadly, she will probably be the next one. Now, that leaves a few cousins with whom I do care about but I hate to ask them to fly up from Calif - of course I wouldn't be the one asking! And most of my friends are scattered all over the world - so they can't come and I wouldn't want them to. So that will leave it up to my nephew to take care of matters. I am seriously thinking of creamation then have my urn flown down to LA and placed near my Mom - if they can do that. Anyhow, throw me in, then those few who could come, have some food and drink and celebrate life. I really hate funerals.

Now off that subject. It isn't raining here (very unusual this time of year) and the sky is blue and quite lovely outside. Think I'll go for a little walk..... before the rain gods realize they made a mistake!
        sigpic

Comment

yep, for me too. except I wish to be cremated. So, no graveside service either. I'd like for my family to have a wake - a party to celebrate what they loved about me and about each other.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            I so agree. First, my immediate family have all gone (my brother being the last one). My aunt is over 90 so sadly, she will probably be the next one. Now, that leaves a few cousins with whom I do care about but I hate to ask them to fly up from Calif - of course I wouldn't be the one asking! And most of my friends are scattered all over the world - so they can't come and I wouldn't want them to. So that will leave it up to my nephew to take care of matters. I am seriously thinking of creamation then have my urn flown down to LA and placed near my Mom - if they can do that. Anyhow, throw me in, then those few who could come, have some food and drink and celebrate life. I really hate funerals.

Now off that subject. It isn't raining here (very unusual this time of year) and the sky is blue and quite lovely outside. Think I'll go for a little walk..... before the rain gods realize they made a mistake!
            Exactly how I feel!

It is kind of blustery here, but warm-ish. Snow is melting off a bit. Heading over to my dad's house later for dinner. Love living close to him!
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

The last funeral I went to was one for someone my own age (under 20), so that's not really one to judge all funerals by.
              But really... Funerals are kind of meant to not be nice. In fact, I think it's the ultimate last chance to torment the people who show up for that, but not for all the other important events in life, by playing Celine Dion for two ours straight without any opportunity for them to leave.

EDIT: Why *are* we talking about funerals?
              Did I miss a GW conspiracy again?
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                yep, for me too. except I wish to be cremated. So, no graveside service either. I'd like for my family to have a wake - a party to celebrate what they loved about me and about each other.
                Question - if you are cremated - what are you going to do with the ashes?

I don't want to hang around on someone's mantle to eventually be shoved on a shelf somewhere and then forgotten. Then found years later and knocked to the floor - swepted up and thrown into the trash without anyone knowing why someone kept a bunch of ashes and dirt! No - my mom in in a mausoleum (in a wall) - plenty of room to slip a small mayonese jar in or whatever they use. I would have preferred cremation for her, but it was somewhat out of my hands. Just quick and simple like maybe 15 words.... Here lies Ms. Perkiss' ashes. May she rest in peace! Now, everyone out to eat! Oh and maybe Amen!
                sigpic

Comment

Now come on people - let's cheer up this thread. Enough about funerals and death. Time to eat:

Help yourselves!

Oh and something to drink as well! Oh and please not the "organic" whiskey!

And if you aren't hungry this might kick up your appetite:

sigpic

Comment

I do think we're in need of a WooHoodStock Party.
                    I think April 1st is the next official one
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I want my ashes to do a Roddenberry

Yum! I'll have some of all of that!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        In fact, I think it's the ultimate last chance to torment the people who show up for that, but not for all the other important events in life, by playing Celine Dion for two ours straight without any opportunity for them to leave.

I am so doing that at mine.

Question - if you are cremated - what are you going to do with the ashes?

I don't want to hang around on someone's mantle to eventually be shoved on a shelf somewhere and then forgotten. Then found years later and knocked to the floor - swepted up and thrown into the trash without anyone knowing why someone kept a bunch of ashes and dirt! No - my mom in in a mausoleum (in a wall) - plenty of room to slip a small mayonese jar in or whatever they use. I would have preferred cremation for her, but it was somewhat out of my hands. Just quick and simple like maybe 15 words.... Here lies Ms. Perkiss' ashes. May she rest in peace! Now, everyone out to eat! Oh and maybe Amen!
                        The mayonaise jar made me

Personally, I'm all for the scattering and doing it ASAP. Mine (because I'm wanna burn - it's warmer) I'd like scattered in the same spot I took Charles' to be scattered. Pretty much a no brainer that one.

At the risk of being totally morbid, I will admit I kept a small amount of his ashes, in a little special pendant which I wear on a charm bracelet along with a few other sentimental mementoes from loved ones past and present. That may sound a little morbid but I wasn't ready to completely let go so this way I get to keep a little bit of him with me always.

On the party / wake thing. I think they are a brilliant idea. Charles insisted he wanted to be at his own wake so we held it the night before. He also insisted someone pour him a drink in the coffin... you don't want to know how unbelievably drunk I had to be to do that. There's video footage somewhere; it's hysterical in a kind of uncomfortable way.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        I want my ashes to do a Roddenberry

That would be pretty cool.

*noms into cake*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Afternoon (uh morning or evening depending on where you are) Woohoos.
                          Afternoon for me, Hi!

*waves to RIG* Awesome sig. And cute kitty one too. She's a proper princess.
                          *waves back ti Cags* Thank you! And, yes, she is definitely a proper princess.

I've had a 2 and a half day migraine. Nice. Particularly with being shut up with a chicken poxy child who... yes, love him though I do, is doing my nut in. I think he's going to be off a few more days because he's not quite crusted over (eew) and, had I not had the head from hell on my shoulders, I would be imbibing in some of Nola's laundry wine to get. Me. Through.
                          Funeral went ok on Thursday. There were a couple of moments when I thought I was going to have to chase after my eyeballs and dust them down, they were rolling so much. K and I managed to make a few people squirm with embarrassment which is always a hoot. I'm pretty sure I am going to hell one day.
                          Sorry about your "head from hell" and your chicken pox suffering son. Can't be too fun for him. I had them when I was too little to remember what it was like. Aside from itching like crazy. Speaking of suffering, I am suffering from a pinched nerve in my neck, OUCH! Yeah, my left hand is pretty much useless half the time. And my left arm isn't any better. Sleeping is about as fun as a root canal.

Now come on people - let's cheer up this thread. Enough about funerals and death. Time to eat:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...colatecake.jpg
                          Ooh, I'll take a piece of this!

And if you aren't hungry this might kick up your appetite:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...colicakes1.jpg
                          What the what??? Is that... broccoli baked into ...corn muffins?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Afternoon for me, Hi!

*waves back ti Cags* Thank you! And, yes, she is definitely a proper princess.

Ooh, I'll take a piece of this!

What the what??? Is that... broccoli baked into ...corn muffins?
                            Ah - someone needs to teach RiG some of our alternate meanings!
                            sigpic

Comment

*dancez through*
                              sigpic

Comment

not nekkid????
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X