The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my... What happened then?

Edit: actually, I have a feeling I've heard this story...
    Last edited by m_wendy_r; 22 January 2013, 07:11 AM.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Ok, I have to ask: what has he got on his head?
      It's a Horace guard helmet...thingy.

Sure, it’s fashionable – but I’m not quite sure how this Jaffa managed any sort of stealth operation wearing these things...Although, to be fair, they are quite stylish...They also the command respect of your peers. You automatically look authoritative in one...Okay, I take it back. They ARE quite comfy for exercising or just hanging around doing chores...
      You really shood go check out the post. The pics are hilarious, especially since he can't remember taking any of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post

You really shood go check out the post. The pics are hilarious, especially since he can't remember taking any of them.
        I just did, and snurched a couple of pics

Comment

Oh yes, bus drivers were definite babe magnets in my day! I remember when I was a teenager....... hm.... best not go into that I think it was basically the uniform, plus of course the power needed to drive those big old buses And they were all outrageous flirts

Actually, thinking about it, I had a more recent encounter with a bus driver........ I'm sure Oma remembers what happened when I went to meet her at Gatwick a couple of years ago
          I had no idea! I clearly missed the bus driver magnet part of life!
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            You must not have been looking

Comment

Me too! Of course, we don't have many buses here.
              sigpic

Comment

Yaaaaaay! Happy '69 to meeeee. Thanks, Jumble.

No, I probably wasn't looking. Hee hee.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I understand the UK is getting hit with winter. Hope all are safe and warm. If it makes you feel better, it has been (and will be for this week) between -40 to -45 here with the windchill. Glad my new walk to work is 10 minutes instead of 45.
                  *waves and my legal advisor.*

Yep, The Uk is having wintery weather in winter. Cue the nation going round with faces and pretending like it doesn't happen like this at this time every year.
                  But, y'know, we're British so complaining about the weather is practically the only thing we're really, really good at so we're gonna make darn sure we make the most of it.

On that note, does anyone use Twitter? The DM Reprorter on there has been hilarious over the weather this week. And there was a Facebook funny picture going round last night that had me wetting myself (but I can't share here because it's a bit sweary).

Poor Horace...

Actually, you could write to Joe and suggest he writes a new children's series based on his adventures with that prop. He could call it Horace's Helmet...

...er... maybe not.

Oh yeah. I think Jumble is onto something about the big and strong thing too. Those old buses were pretty tough to drive, and you needed to be both skilled and strong to hurl them about. I guess that was the appeal then.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Poor Horace...

Actually, you could write to Joe and suggest he writes a new children's series based on his adventures with that prop. He could call it Horace's Helmet...

...er... maybe not.

Oh yeah. I think Jumble is onto something about the big and strong thing too. Those old buses were pretty tough to drive, and you needed to be both skilled and strong to hurl them about. I guess that was the appeal then.
                    It didn't hurt for them to have twinkly eyes, a cute smile and an original chat-up line either

I've just had the phonecall that most childminders dread - OFSTED are sending an inspector out next week I woodn't mind, but it's less than two years since my last inspection and it's supposed to be every three years That's me doing paperwork next week-end then

Comment

Poor Horace...

...er... maybe not.
                      I did send him a link to the sig.
                      sigpic

Comment

It didn't hurt for them to have twinkly eyes, a cute smile and an original chat-up line either
                        Gosh, that sounds ridiculously familiar.

I've just had the phonecall that most childminders dread - OFSTED are sending an inspector out next week I woodn't mind, but it's less than two years since my last inspection and it's supposed to be every three years That's me doing paperwork next week-end then

*huggles* Funnily enough, Ben's school has Ofsted tomorrow too. That'll be why they have suddenly totally cleared all the snow and ice from the playgrounds then.

Piece of advice if I may? No matter how much you want to slap the inspector...no matter what "improvements" they suggest, just smile sweetly and nod and look like you're really all for it and totally enthusiastic about filling in their damn forms... yesiree, gimme that paper and pen and I'll write ya a tome.

You can come here and have a good cathartic whinge about them afterwards and we'll have a Woohoo party when you get a great rating (which you will).

And if you can't do that, just have this playing softly in the background when they arrive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-MAiUkO-o

ha ha... or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFw9_xgicI

sigpic

Comment

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4

sigpic

Comment

Gosh, that sounds ridiculously familiar.
                            Doesn't it? And it doesn't have to be a bus driver either.........

.... as long as his eyes are green

*huggles* Funnily enough, Ben's school has Ofsted tomorrow too. That'll be why they have suddenly totally cleared all the snow and ice from the playgrounds then.

Piece of advice if I may? No matter how much you want to slap the inspector...no matter what "improvements" they suggest, just smile sweetly and nod and look like you're really all for it and totally enthusiastic about filling in their damn forms... yesiree, gimme that paper and pen and I'll write ya a tome.

You can come here and have a good cathartic whinge about them afterwards and we'll have a Woohoo party when you get a great rating (which you will).
                            I did say most childminders I don't dread it, I'm just not sure I can bite my tongue hard enough to take your advice even though I know that saying what I thought of their new system last time got me downgraded

And I just KNOW I'll have to point out that last time it was the EYFS that we were supposed to follow to the dot because they were "never" going to change it......... and now it's the Learning Journal system that we're supposed to do because the EYFS just didn't work in the childminding environment (which we flippin' told them in the first place that it woodn't ) Inspections aren't even done by OFSTED people now, they're done by an outside company called Trivial Tribal, who know even less than OFSTED about childcare for the under fives. I just wish they wood employ people who have actual hands-on experience in caring for young children...... ooh, there's an idea: why not employ ex-childminders? Too easy? Of course

And if you can't do that, just have this playing softly in the background when they arrive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-MAiUkO-o

ha ha... or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFw9_xgicI

Perfect! She'd feel subliminally under threat and hopefully only stay for an hour rather than the three that she said it will take

Bah! I'm going to ring them in the morning and enquire, politely, why they're doing this more than a year too early. And just hope they've made a mistake....... or that I can get hold of a bottle of Valium before next week

Comment

Ok, I have to ask: what has he got on his head?
                              A posting milestone! *high fives Wendy for completing her's the same week too*
                              Thanks Jumble.

I did send him a link to the sig.
                              Has he seen it? *crosses fingers that he'll respond too*

You'll do fine with that inspection Jumble and we'll be here to boost your confidence until then and hear your complaints (if any) afterwards. Just hope the inspector isn't a spencer too.

*wanders off to go read Joe's blog*
                              sigpic

Comment

(((Hugs))) for all. I actually got dressed today and I am going out to the bank to pay for my ticket to AT7. Then I think I will come home and go back to bed!
                                Or if I'm really energetic - maybe I make some soup and watch daytime TV -

The temp is already at 34*F (1*C) - hmmm! maybe I'll wait an hour or so for it to warm up so I don't hit any black ice. I live a little on the rural side now so some of the streets!

Oh and thank you for all the kind words! I am (verrrry) slowly getting better.
                                Last edited by llp; 22 January 2013, 10:20 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X