X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hops in and hides under the sofa to scare the next WooHoo coming in*
    *giggles softly*

Yes. I'm in that kind of mood
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*sneaks up behind the sofa*

BOO!!!

Comment

Lazy kind of day - it's 104F/40C - too hot to go outside or do much of anything. I feel like I accomplished a whole lot just getting the kitchen clean!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Today's bits are cute!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          *sneaks up behind the sofa*

BOO!!!

But... you're supposed to mend children, not break their ...mental sanctum and sense of security!
          *is traumatized*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            A little something for our British friends

]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/thoughtfortoday.jpg
            This is so true.

And this is so me
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Today's bits are cute!

But... you're supposed to mend children, not break their ...mental sanctum and sense of security!
              *is traumatized*

You're traumatized??? You should have had the afternoon I've had

Went to see the (very young) joint doctor (whom I have never met before) and the first thing he did was ask me to take off my blouse and undo my bra I mean, a girl should expect dinner first, surely! Or coffee and cake at the very least Then he maneouvred me into the 'correct' position and told me I'd just feel a little prick. Must have been tiny, because I never felt a thing

Then he informed me that once the anaesthetic wears off (approx 12 hours, so around 3.30 am) I can expect to be in extreme pain for a couple of days whilst the steroids do their work, after which the pain should diminish noticeably over the next four weeks. Lovely I then have to have a telephone appointment with him in six weeks' time. That should be interesting....... never had a phone 'appointment' before
              Last edited by Jumble; 25 June 2012, 12:35 PM. Reason: six! I meant S.I.X. :o

Comment

Jumble I know you hate your typos being quoted, so I haven't, but you might want to check your penultimate sentence Nice Freudian slip
                sigpic

Comment

Ah.

And *giggles*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Jumble I know you hate your typos being quoted, so I haven't, but you might want to check your penultimate sentence Nice Freudian slip
                    Already spotted and fixed

Comment

You're traumatized??? You should have had the afternoon I've had

Went to see the (very young) joint doctor (whom I have never met before) and the first thing he did was ask me to take off my blouse and undo my bra I mean, a girl should expect dinner first, surely! Or coffee and cake at the very least Then he maneouvred me into the 'correct' position and told me I'd just feel a little prick. Must have been tiny, because I never felt a thing

Then he informed me that once the anaesthetic wears off (approx 12 hours, so around 3.30 am) I can expect to be in extreme pain for a couple of days whilst the steroids do their work, after which the pain should diminish noticeably over the next four weeks. Lovely I then have to have a telephone appointment with him in six weeks' time. That should be interesting....... never had a phone 'appointment' before
                      After reading this you must be feeling better! Definitely the ol' Jumble written inside that note! I've had steroid shots before in my knee but never given a pain killer for it. Hopefully it won't be as painful as he says - but if it works (and it should) then yes the pain will subside a lot!
                      sigpic

Comment

Already spotted and fixed

Oh, and despite your Doctor's forwardness, glad you've had the injection. Sounds like it's going to be grim at first but hopefully it'll help in the long run
                        sigpic

Comment

well, even after the numbing wears off, it doesn't seem likely that you'd be in any more pain than the agony you've already been going through
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            After reading this you must be feeling better! Definitely the ol' Jumble written inside that note! I've had steroid shots before in my knee but never given a pain killer for it. Hopefully it won't be as painful as he says - but if it works (and it should) then yes the pain will subside a lot!
                            Not so much of the 'ol! I'm working on the theory that he's given me the worst case scenario and it probably won't be that bad. Besides, if I don't laugh I'll be crying instead

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Oh, and despite your Doctor's forwardness, glad you've had the injection. Sounds like it's going to be grim at first but hopefully it'll help in the long run
                            Everyone I know that's had it has said it does work, and let's face it - four more weeks of this is a great improvement on the 18 months originally expected

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            well, even after the numbing wears off, it doesn't seem likely that you'd be in any more pain than the agony you've already been going through
                            I'm hoping not *crosses fingers*

Right, I'm off to snuggle with my hot water bottle

Woodnight WooHoos *huggles*

*huggles Martin very tight and steals a goodnight kiss*

Comment

Good night Jumble - sweat dreams!
                              sigpic

Comment

Laurie! Is that a typo or are you referring to the hot water bottle and/or Martin dreams?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X