No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with my workshop for the week. Got a little accomplished for today.

The steroid injection should help a whole lot. Ask them to give you some lidocaine first to deaden the area, way less painful. My youngest (the medical one) says to add bicarb to the lidocaine and there's no sting at all!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
      Jumble know the pain!! Had "frozen shoulder" 7 years ago, could not believe the pain. With time and lots of physio it went away....until 4 months ago when it came back not able to go and get physio but have had one injection just before I went to Vancouver...it allowed me to at least hug Laurie and the actors.

Laurie..yippee...great news
      Oh thank you Claire! Now I can stop telling myself to stop being a wimp since you're the second person today that's had it and confirmed that it really is that painful!

Nola, they do use a local anaesthetic first - no idea what it is though

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

(not family ness, which as any UK child of the 80s/early 90s will know as something entirely different... *goes off singing*)
        Aaannnndddd now I have that tune stuck in my head, thanks Josi

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Oh thank you Claire! Now I can stop telling myself to stop being a wimp since you're the second person today that's had it and confirmed that it really is that painful!

Nola, they do use a local anaesthetic first - no idea what it is though
        There this no way you are being a wimp, joint pain is probably the worst thing - and you don't realise just how much you use the joints until you can't.......

Have just spent the evening reminiscing with my sister about the past, really should know better (especially when no alcohol is involved!) feeling a little emotionally fragile now
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

There this no way you are being a wimp, joint pain is probably the worst thing - and you don't realise just how much you use the joints until you can't.......
          Thanks, and yes it is It woodn't be so bad if it was my other shoulder - left is my dominant side and it's really hard trying to do things right-handed

Have just spent the evening reminiscing with my sister about the past, really should know better (especially when no alcohol is involved!) feeling a little emotionally fragile now
          Aw, *hugs* Memory Lane should always be walked down with a glass of something in each hand

Oh look! The PNW cameras finally managed to find Martin's face instead of the back of his head........

*snuggles inside the jacket*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Thanks, and yes it is It woodn't be so bad if it was my other shoulder - left is my dominant side and it's really hard trying to do things right-handed
            I'm lucky () that my pain is mostly on the right side, makes it easier to do everything my usual wonky left handed way

Aw, *hugs* Memory Lane should always be walked down with a glass of something in each hand
            I was thinking more along the lines of one of those hats with the holders and straw directly into the mouth?

Oh look! The PNW cameras finally managed to find Martin's face instead of the back of his head........

*snuggles inside the jacket*
            About time too

Primeval season 1 is available on sky, worth watching... the description given doesn't excite me enough to watch without a recommendation.
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              I'm lucky () that my pain is mostly on the right side, makes it easier to do everything my usual wonky left handed way

I was thinking more along the lines of one of those hats with the holders and straw directly into the mouth?
              That wood work too

And to prove I practise the two-glass method............

About time too
              My thought exactly! They obviously haven't yet realised how popular their Director is

Primeval season 1 is available on sky, worth watching... the description given doesn't excite me enough to watch without a recommendation.
              I loved Primeval from the very start, and have recently bought all 5 seasons on dvd and enjoyed rewatching them all. It's like everything - you have to see it for yourself to decide if you like it or not

Comment

Jumble - we would make a great team - I'm right handed but can't really use it so my left one is getting stronger from use - and you are just the opposite. Only problem is - don't stand on my left side or we defeat the whole idea!
                sigpic

Comment

*runz through, blowing kisses*
                  sigpic

Comment

Dreamt about AT6 but can't remember what. Woke up with a general feeling of happy.

*blows a kiss to LJ*

*huggles the woohoos*

*hugs Martin* There's a new pic of him on the primeval fb page, and it's a nice one too!
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Huggles for all the down-the-weather WooHoos
                      Huggles for all the on-top-of-the-world WooHoos
                      Huggles for all the ones in-between!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

*huggles the woohoos*

*hugs Martin* There's a new pic of him on the primeval fb page, and it's a nice one too!
                        Thanks for the heads-up Dee

In fact there are several nice new ones.......

Now there's pain relief, right there

Comment

Jumble, you appear to have turned into a puddle.

I love that second one; There's art potential in there.

Silly question (might as well ask it here) but does anyone know where I can get good screen caps of Sanctuary from? For the farewell party. I have a sig in mind I want to try. Anything piscine would be nice too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Jumble, you appear to have turned into a puddle.
                            It's the Martin effect

I love that second one; There's art potential in there.
                            I want to see that from the pictured camera's pov......... hoping it's a special feature he's doing for the dvds

Silly question (might as well ask it here) but does anyone know where I can get good screen caps of Sanctuary from? For the farewell party. I have a sig in mind I want to try. Anything piscine would be nice too.
                            Try here

Have you noticed we're getting notifications for greens now? But we've lost the button at the bottom of each of our posts that tells us if we've had any greens for it
                            Last edited by Jumble; 23 June 2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

there was a button? I don't think I ever noticed it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                there was a button? I don't think I ever noticed it
                                The star at bottom left that you click to 'green' a post - you used to be able to click it on your own post to see if you'd been greened, but it's not there anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X