The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Yeah. The store that sells them here does the same thing. I guess it makes sense considering that the show doesn't quite air in The Netherlands (OK, it *airs*, but the masses don't have that channel) and that the DVD's are import. They order about two or three sets at the time. When they notice that the sets they have do sell, they order more.
    But I agree. Especially with 'little' shows like Sanctuary, putting them on display wood be nice. People *know* that Suparnaural came out and if not they look for it. There's not that much need to fill four shelves with the sets. . I wood think that it could somewhat help to get the message out to the regular browsing customers to show that there's other series to consider buying.

Maybe we should just go stand in the store to promote the DVD's again...
    My thoughts exactly...

Amy - Welcome back! And I agree with Laurie. That's a great name for a hamster. ;P Though I doubt Tesla would like being compared to a rodent. Haha!

MoB - Told you on LJ but saying it again. Awesome pictures and report. It was a lovely read!
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
      I seem to have missed so much in the space of a week!! Had a fab holiday though, took shed-loads of photos (will share a couple of random ones later on), piled on around half a stone (well, you can't have a holiday without lots of nice holiday food ) and, on a slightly random note, my parents got a pet hamster and we've called him Tesla
      Welcome back! And yay on having a good time!

And now off to the Teslen thread... wait, how come I came here before I went in there?
      It's what WooHoos do...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

It's what WooHoos do...
        Right.

... But not all Woohoos go on the Teslen thread. *iz in denial*
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Right.

... But not all Woohoos go on the Teslen thread. *iz in denial*
          No, because that's what shippers do.

...Oh wait...
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

MoB - Told you on LJ but saying it again. Awesome pictures and report. It was a lovely read!
            Thanks!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Thanks!
              Huh...I can't see your LJ.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Huh...I can't see your LJ.
                My LJ is friends locked. Feel free to add me though! I'll add you back and then you can see.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I realized there is something I didn't tell you Woohoos!

I was so bummed when I went to HMV earlier this week. They told me they had only ordered TWO S3 boxed set. There was already one reserved, so I reserved the other one. That means though, that there won't be any on the shelves. Not for a while anyway. When they have a bazillion copies of Supernatural S6(?) who just came out too. How are people supposed to know you have it if you don't have any on your shelves? I understand it's not as popular as Supernatural or other shows you have in many copies, but why order ONLY TWO when it JUST came out?

That being said, I can't wait for my DVDs to arrive!
                  Interesting. In my town HMV is the only store that had Sanctuary Season 3 on the release date. Not a ton of copies but at least they had some.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Amanda and Robin went to Dragcon Con and on Twitter they were using their phones and putting out pictures of what the two of them were doing . Well one of the pictures showed the two of them looking like they were sleeping together. It was meant as a joke but there were a lot of people who thought it wasn't very funny. Let's just say that they might (well Amanda might) regret doing that particular joke. Not sure Robin would even understand. So, that was what the picture was all about! And not many people laughed!
                    Ohhhhhhhh yes I saw those pics. I just interpreted the pic as them teasing Helen/Will shippers... it didn't really bother me I just thought they were being daft *shrugs* I can see how it might be viewed differently though.

The subject of many a sanctuary-centered conversation that weekend. *sigh*

Glad you had a great vacation!
                    Thanks

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    lastrequest: Love the name of your parents hamster. I do hope he lives up to his namesake!
                    Oh he def. suits the name. It's a personality thing though. He looks like butter wouldn't melt but he's very vocal and if you do anything he's not happy about you soon know about it - although his bark is worse then his bite (which I should add he's not bitten any of us yet he just yaps a lot).

Amy - Welcome back! And I agree with Laurie. That's a great name for a hamster. ;P Though I doubt Tesla would like being compared to a rodent. Haha!

Well, if you take the fact said hamster is very cute / clever (he's already figured out how to escape his cage), he maybe won't mind the comparison as much

Welcome back! And yay on having a good time!

It's what WooHoos do...
                    Thanks!

My LJ is friends locked. Feel free to add me though! I'll add you back and then you can see.
                    Can you add me to your friends too please I'm Sanctuarya on LJ but I don't use it a lot because it confuses me I want to see pics!

And, the first of a few random pics I wanted to share... introducing, Tesla the hamster

And if any of you are on flickr, this is a video of him
                    Tesla and the ball
                    Last edited by lastrequest; 19 September 2011, 01:01 PM.
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

*waves* Just rewarded myself for working on Lucia for 45 mins (that's the Fifth Element song, to the non-opera-fan woohoos ) By taking out my guitar and spending 40 minutes with my first love, folk music. Feels great, even if my fingertips are a little sore.

Also, just got called that I can pick up more shifts at work if I want! YAY! SO relieved and happy. This week, I'll probably only do 2, but will try to grab 3 as much as I can. YAY for income!
                      sigpic

Comment

*waves* Just rewarded myself for working on Lucia for 45 mins (that's the Fifth Element song, to the non-opera-fan woohoos ) By taking out my guitar and spending 40 minutes with my first love, folk music. Feels great, even if my fingertips are a little sore.

Also, just got called that I can pick up more shifts at work if I want! YAY! SO relieved and happy. This week, I'll probably only do 2, but will try to grab 3 as much as I can. YAY for income!
                        Yay! For income indeed! I got offered a job myself today, so I am looking forward to an end to my cashflow problem soon.

Also Lucia is a really beautiful piece of opera (and was modified in an interesting way for Fifth element). It's right up there with the opening aria from Serse, which is another of my favs. I used to do a lot of french horn playing in pit orchestras for ballets, operas, and musicals. A lot of the time we had like MEGA rests. (Like 500+ measures) It was always nice when resting to listen to the great vocal work in the operas. And folk music is cool too, but not much for French Horn in folk

such a music nerd...hehe anyway. Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
                          Yay! For income indeed! I got offered a job myself today, so I am looking forward to an end to my cashflow problem soon.

Also Lucia is a really beautiful piece of opera (and was modified in an interesting way for Fifth element). It's right up there with the opening aria from Serse, which is another of my favs. I used to do a lot of french horn playing in pit orchestras for ballets, operas, and musicals. A lot of the time we had like MEGA rests. (Like 500+ measures) It was always nice when resting to listen to the great vocal work in the operas. And folk music is cool too, but not much for French Horn in folk

Congrats on the new job!

And YAY for music nerds! My first degree is in classical vocal performance and I sang professionally in musicals and operas for 15 years before becoming a midwife. I still sing, but mostly for my own edification. And now that I'm in my 30's, I can sing the juicy stuff I always wanted to in my teens and twenties but didn't have the chops for yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

*JUMPS IN*

OH MY GOSH, I FEEL LIKE I'VE ABANDONED THIS PLACE. ;____; I FEEL SO BAD.

*HUGGLES WOOHOOS AND NEVER LETS GO*

It has litterally been forever, hasn't it?

HOW ARE MY BELOVED WOOHOOS DOING? <3

My life has been, kinda weird, honestly. Remember that guy I might have mentioned a while back? No? Okay, so four months going, and I am still completely and hopelessly crushing on him. I have gotten to know him a lot better, and we're spending more time together. Though right now I'm mad at him. Hmpf. But, I'm listening to what I've kinda dubbed 'our song' (it's the one we danced to at the last dance <3) and, ugh, not so mad anymore... I really need to talk to him.
                            In other news, school started about a month ago, so far, there's only one teacher I dislike, and other than P.E. I'm really liking all my classes.

Oh, and I will be 15 in five days, it almost doesn't seem real, which is strange. I have nothing planned and the one thing I really wanted to do is no longer possible. YAY ME.

Something else interesting, hmm, OH YEAH, I AUDITIONED FOR THE SCHOOL MUSICAL LAST WEEK. UH HUH. ME. AMAZING WHAT A CUTE BOY WILL BE ABLE TO TALK YOU INTO, RIGHT?

All my love, I miss you guys. <3
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post

Congrats on the job!

This is why my middle name is Luddite:

I was at work yesterday, planning to be there all day to get work done before I leave on holiday. We were having a problem with our server. The IT guy came to fix it and claimed it would only be 1/2 hour. I decided I would go run an errand to buy something for the trip (something I would not have been doing that day except for the computer problem). While leaving the store to go back to the office I was hit by a car. Wouldn't have been there if not for the stupid technology! So there you have it. Technology causes car accidents!

PS. I actually took over 3 hours to correct the server problem--I gave up waiting after that long and went home.

PPS. No major injuries to any of the parties involved.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thanks for the congratsMoB and EH-T. I will now be the graduate student editor or our very own Museology Magazine. Which is unlike anything I have ever done, but I get to do interviews and exhibit reviews, which means more museum visits. That's never a bad thing...neither is rent money so it really is a win-win.

Waves hello to Valarie_Jackson! And sends a general greeting to all. I'm new round these parts...so just getting to know some of you

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Congrats on the job!
                                Technology causes car accidents!
                                So I have this friend who is deathly afraid of the 'robot apocalyse', who would believe that the server had the whole thing planned!

Comment

Working...
                                X