No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooohh! I wonder if in 30 years someones gonna re-make Stargate!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I was a fan of TNG starting at about the age of 13 or so. I had a huge crush on Wesley, but was a bigger Riker/Troi fan.

I remember being excited for Voyager, but I think I watched the first few episodes and didn't really get pulled in. It felt too much like "Gilligan's Island" in space. I didn't watch it again until much later (after the final ep aired) and I loved it! It was mostly B'Elanna and Tom Paris that pulled me in.

I have seen all of DS9, but don't have the same love for that show. I think it's because none of the characters pulled me in like TNG and Voy. I have been meaning to rewatch it, but it is the only Trek that is not available on Netflix streaming! WTF?!

Loved the new BSG, but I never watched the old one (have seen a couple episodes since).
      Last edited by antoa; 16 September 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Oh, you all are giving me warm-fuzzies. My first "real" job in Hollywood was on ST: TNG, and I was also a HUGE fan of the show (and a Riker/Troi shipper).

Sweet.

Hmm...I wonder what my rank will be when I hit "post."

Edit: Awesome, "Chief Engineer."
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Hopefully I won't be around to see that

*thinks*

Although I wood obviously be happy to see who replaces RDA

*runz*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Next you'll be telling me her posts are all in sekrit pages..............
            *blinks*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            There is that!

And it seems like most people in here seem to like Voyager
            I *only* liked Voyager

Never got into any others. But I must say that I've never really been into 'space' sci-fi.
            I still don't know why in earth I became so obsessed over Stargate.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              *blinks*

I *only* liked Voyager

Never got into any others. But I must say that I've never really been into 'space' sci-fi.
              I still don't know why in earth I became so obsessed over Stargate.

Maybe because it's not 'space' sci-fi' in the generally accepted way?

*waves to Pol and Antoa* Nothing like a trip down sci-fi memory lane to pull us all in, huh?

Comment

QL was another one of those shows where, like Sanctuary, there were so many possibilites for storylines. I loved that it was different every week - also adored Dean Stockwell as Al

Yes, I did watch it, but very soon went off the idea. I guess because I loved the original so much and couldn't get my head around the changes of characters and actors Lorne Green as Adama - Awesome!!
                Of course you loved Lorne Green--you have this thing about Canadian men.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                My guess, a western!

GOOD NEWS, no GREAT NEWS EVERYONE: The house is no longer mine. Papers filed and money paid out. Now all I need to do is wait for the "federal reserve" to wire me the money sometime this afternoon. YEAH!!!

Tonight I can sleep in peace....actually last night I heard it was going to happen and I got the first almost good nights sleep in weeks. Now wait for money and then prepare for move! OY!

Very good news!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                Congrats Laurie!!!!

Do u remember that last week I had a job interview, don't you? Well, I still had to comunicate my notice period since I wasn't sure about it. I got the info yesterday so I wrote him an email...but I added something more
                I'm very good with words (in Italian, English is a language way too informal!!! ). I asked him if he doesn't mind to tell me the result at the end of the recruitment, even though it'd be negative for me. I told him that this job is very important to me and I wanted to know ASAP if they judged me not suitable, this way I could remove my hopes. I added that I hoped that my message wasn't considered offensive.

He replied to me that he wasn't offensed at all, rather he appreciated my sincerity. He wrote that I'll have soon an another interview with one of his colleagues. He also added that, after that, he'd like to meet me again and ask me some more questions before to finish his valuation about me.

I still prefer not to have too many hopes for this job...but cross your fingers for me!!!!

*is not ashamed to beg for a new job*
                Fingers still crossed for you (although they are starting to cramp up a bit )

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                YAHOO!!! Laurie! That's awesome news! Congrats! Woot Woot!

Also forgot to mention that the puppy is feeling better! Woohoo! Walked a lot with her today(even did our thursday hourly walk) and she loved it Wasn't that tired at all in the end so that's good!
                I also spoke with some of the owners of her doggy friends that we saw and heard that almost all dogs in the neighborhood have had some kind of flu this week
                Glad to hear the puppy is better.

RyRobbins

I should be clear... Those are NOT pics from #Sanctuary . They're from a film Martin is directing... I'll let you all work out what it is

Hmmm..........
                I was wondering why Martin wasn't at CC, wasn't directing the final ep of Sanctuary, etc. Obviously he has been busy with another project.

As for the ST discussion. Never really saw the original as a kid and when I was older and saw it in reruns it was to male dominated/sexist for me (sign of the time it was made). Saw a bit of TNG, DS9 and Enterprise but never really got into them. Loved Voyager though.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*wanders in*

Packing packing packing...

*wanders out*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Maybe because it's not 'space' sci-fi' in the generally accepted way?
                    *nods*
                    Maybe.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    *wanders in*

Packing packing packing...

*wanders out*
                    *looks at josi and shakes head*

EDIT: 50 Spencers again? Now I'm sure it's a fluke.
                    *waves anyway*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Of course you loved Lorne Green--you have this thing about Canadian men.
                      I didn't realise he was Canadian - I guess my CM radar works without me knowing

Lorne Green - loved him in Bonanza although I seem to remember having a bit of a thing for Michael Landon too

I was wondering why Martin wasn't at CC, wasn't directing the final ep of Sanctuary, etc. Obviously he has been busy with another project.
                      He hasn't been to any of the recent cons - too busy doing what he does best

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

EDIT: 50 Spencers again? Now I'm sure it's a fluke.
                      *waves anyway*
                      Something going on that we don't know about?

Comment

I started watching Voyager. I remember being really excited about a trek with a female captain, but it happened to be on at a time in my life when I didn't have time to watch TV at all. I think I watched Buffy on Tuesday nights, but that was it.

Just got my schedule for the next 4 weeks. It really looks like I'll be breaking even and not really making a lot of extra cash. Going to have to submit myself for some more background work, I guess.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Loveeeee the sci-fi discussion!
                          Uhm i think that my parents like sci-fi!
                          When I was little I knew that I watched with them Star Trek and Quantum Leap, though I don't remember very much about the stories! Also my mum was obsessed with Visitors!!! I think that I was about 5 when one evening I didn't want to go to bed and I accidentally watched some scenes (you know...when they removed the skin and under it they're green ). I was sooo scared (and then every time I complained about going to bed, my mum told me that there was Visitors on tv...THANK YOU MUM! )
                          I also watched the other Star Treks, probably my fav is DS9 even though I've never watched all the episodes. But I used to watch it with my dad We loved Quark Even now we often quote him with my mum (who doesn't understand us ).
                          I love Star Wars (the old 3 movies better than the new ones)
                          I recently watched BSG (new version) and I liked it, though not the way I loveee Stargate.
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

at your Mom, Sil!!!

And where are all those guests when I'm around???? Wantz to see them. And wave! And maybe even hug. Nekkid. *giggles*
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              Loveeeee the sci-fi discussion!
                              Uhm i think that my parents like sci-fi!
                              When I was little I knew that I watched with them Star Trek and Quantum Leap, though I don't remember very much about the stories! Also my mum was obsessed with Visitors!!! I think that I was about 5 when one evening I didn't want to go to bed and I accidentally watched some scenes (you know...when they removed the skin and under it they're green ). I was sooo scared (and then every time I complained about going to bed, my mum told me that there was Visitors on tv...THANK YOU MUM! )
                              I also watched the other Star Treks, probably my fav is DS9 even though I've never watched all the episodes. But I used to watch it with my dad We loved Quark Even now we often quote him with my mum (who doesn't understand us ).
                              I love Star Wars (the old 3 movies better than the new ones)
                              I recently watched BSG (new version) and I liked it, though not the way I loveee Stargate.
                              I've never seen Visitors, sounds scary

Oh Quark! Yes, definitely my fave character in DS9

I used to LOVE Sliders! The cuddly professor with the beard......... no, I mean...... it was just such an interesting concept

at your Mom, Sil!!!

And where are all those guests when I'm around???? Wantz to see them. And wave! And maybe even hug. Nekkid. *giggles*
                              I guess you scared them away

Comment

Something going on that we don't know about?
                                I have no clue.

Hm. And we're down to 6.
                                Nudity scares them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X