• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Amanda's interview

sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*waves*

5am- just under 3 more hours at work. One of the reasons I want more hours is because this is a lovely job with lovely people. I really enjoy my time here.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      MoB - Sorry to hear about the schedule. Hopefully things will get worked out. *hugs*
      Hugs you back. Big squishes.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Be good? Aw, do we have to?

Have a fabulous time touring those libraries *huggles*

*iz jealous that you're seeing MoB*

Just don't go leading her astray

Heh. I think it's hilarious that Josi is wilder than I am. Let's see who leads who astray...

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
      *tentatively tip toes in*

Sorry to interupt...

I just got my sanctuary s3 dvd and I have been watching the extras, and I just wanted to express my Martin Wood appreciation! Didn't realize he had his own thread but I should hardly be surprised. Thanks to him, and Damian, and Amanda santuary is as good as it is.

Anyhow Martin is awesome!

*dashes out*
      WELCOME!
      Originally posted by antoa View Post
      OK, I am going to show my geek.

You are actually talking about two separate eps. Yes, there were 2 where Data 'lost' his head. Conn8d was indeed talking about 'Disaster' where Riker purposefully removed Data's head so that his body could be used to stop and electrical current that was blocking their path to engineering.

llp is talking about 'Time's Arrow (Part 1 and 2)' where Data is transported back to San Francisco at the turn of the 20th century and loses his head on the way back (which is found at the beginning of the episode). This one has Whoopi Goldberg in it (Disaster did not).

Yes I am a geek.

Yesterday I walked into the living room and TNG was on. It took me about 5 seconds of watching the reflection of it in the picture hanging behind to sofa to identify it as 'First Contact' (the episode, not the movie - I wouldn't have needed that long had it been the movie 'First Contact').
      *huggles for geekiness*
      Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      *waves to rest of Woohoos* sorry I haven't been around much the past couple of days - explanation to follow once I've had the requisite amount of tea to function this early in the morning!
      Gives you hugs. Hope things are going okay.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Gives you hugs. Hope things are going okay.
        Thanks MoB. Regarding where I've been...

Spoiler:
        My Dad suffers from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is a degenerative cancer that relapses every so often. He's been in remission for a few years now, so to be honest we've all been on tenterhooks expecting something to happen. This week I got a call from him, saying he felt as though he was relapsing - he was feeling fatigued and experiencing some of the other symptoms common with his form of Lymphoma. Suffice to say I rushed home on Wednesday and have been here ever since to take care of him and my little sister - my older sister and family are on holiday this week and Dave was away with work (NB why does everything happen at once?!). We took him to hospital on Friday and thankfully it just seems to be a virus this time around that has affected him in the same way as the Lymphoma does. Relieved doesn't even cover it. We all know the Lymphoma is going to rear it's ugly head again at some point, but not right now. So that's why I wasn't really feeling too chatty, I've been lurking though and all your posts have really made me smile. Don't know what I'd do without my online family *squishy huggles Woohoos* *kicks cancer*

Comment

^ What she said, thanks Jumble !
          No worries, just making things clear

*waves*

5am- just under 3 more hours at work. One of the reasons I want more hours is because this is a lovely job with lovely people. I really enjoy my time here.
          Glad to hear you're enjoying it

Heh. I think it's hilarious that Josi is wilder than I am. Let's see who leads who astray...
          She is - you really have to watch out for her

Spoiler:
          My Dad suffers from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is a degenerative cancer that relapses every so often. He's been in remission for a few years now, so to be honest we've all been on tenterhooks expecting something to happen. This week I got a call from him, saying he felt as though he was relapsing - he was feeling fatigued and experiencing some of the other symptoms common with his form of Lymphoma. Suffice to say I rushed home on Wednesday and have been here ever since to take care of him and my little sister - my older sister and family are on holiday this week and Dave was away with work (NB why does everything happen at once?!). We took him to hospital on Friday and thankfully it just seems to be a virus this time around that has affected him in the same way as the Lymphoma does. Relieved doesn't even cover it. We all know the Lymphoma is going to rear it's ugly head again at some point, but not right now. So that's why I wasn't really feeling too chatty, I've been lurking though and all your posts have really made me smile. Don't know what I'd do without my online family *squishy huggles Woohoos* *kicks cancer*
          *hugs Sarai* So glad to hear that it wasn't what you all feared. Hope he gets over the virus soon *sends healing vibes and WooHoo hugs* (WooHoo hugs have magical powers you know )

Comment

Spoiler:
            Sending lots of good healing vibes your way.
            Spoiler:
            My father is in remission x 1 year from Mantle Cell Lymphoma which is also a non-hodgkin's lymphoma, and we know that a relapse will probably be fatal, so I understand and I hug you tight. xo
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*hugs Sarai*

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
              I hope not!

Because now that I have found this thread, I may have to come back often. Because Martin really is that awesome!
              *nods*
              Welcome to the thread!

Seeing all the Sci-Fi discussion really made me see how much I am not a fan of the genre Here I thought I was pretty ok with it, but I liked even less than I thought I did. I don't even know half of the shows mentioned here.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                *hugs Sarai*

*hugs WooHoos*

*nods*
                Welcome to the thread!

Seeing all the Sci-Fi discussion really made me see how much I am not a fan of the genre Here I thought I was pretty ok with it, but I liked even less than I thought I did. I don't even know half of the shows mentioned here.
                Really? I'm surprised - you're such a geek!

*hugs MoB*

Right, I need to get off my butt and do something useful - Cags and Ben are coming down later today and staying over for Sunday Lunch at Anderson's *happy dance*

Comment

*hugs MoB*

Right, I need to get off my butt and do something useful - Cags and Ben are coming down later today and staying over for Sunday Lunch at Anderson's *happy dance*
                  YAY! Have a great time, and please give a giant hug for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

YAY! Have a great time, and please give a giant hug for me.
                    Thanks, and I will! I've got a whole collection of WooHoos hugs to pass on

Comment

*hugs MoB*

I so am

And hug Cags for me as well!
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Sarai* thankfully it turned out alright.

*hugs MoB*

And sends hugs for Cags and Ben from me too.
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Sending lots of good healing vibes your way.
                          Spoiler:
                          My father is in remission x 1 year from Mantle Cell Lymphoma which is also a non-hodgkin's lymphoma, and we know that a relapse will probably be fatal, so I understand and I hug you tight. xo
                          Spoiler:
                          I had no idea. Big hugs right back for you. Mine's had his particular form for over 10 years, and each time he suffers longer and it gets worse. Another relapse is on the cards, just trying to stave it off for as long as possible. *hugs again*

Comment

*pokes head in* Morning WooHoos! ::sneeze:: I haz a cold.

Sarai, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your sig banner - it's so pretty!

I have to do some research today on charitable giving for my economics classes. See y'all later!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Sarai, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your sig banner - it's so pretty!
                              Thanks Nola!! I have to say though it's starting to bug me not having a matching avi and sig!

*runs off to PB to fix that*

Oh and Jumble, planning on sorting your sig out as soon as I get back to Leeds and to my computer which will be at some point tomorrow

EDIT: D'oh forgot to upload the matching avi to the new Castle sig I made a while back *le sigh*

Comment

*waves to Nola* Research on charitable giving? Sounds to me like you need to check out the S4K website

I'm waiting for Cags, she said between 5 and 6 and it's almost 5 now.....

Tag bol is cooked - well the bol is, just need to chuck the tag on when we're nearly ready to eat....

Beds are made.....

Bathroom is clean.........

Dips are bought, carrots are chopped........

Should I open the wine? You know, just to let it 'breath' for a while? It seldom gets the chance with Cags around

Hm. *drums fingers*

*lightbulb* I think I'll go listen to a Commentary while I'm waiting

Edit: Thanks Sarai *bounces*
                                Last edited by Jumble; 17 September 2011, 07:50 AM. Reason: correcting spelling errors :D

Comment

Working...
                                X