We've always been interesting
    Interesting alright. UhHuh.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Speak for yourself
    Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Err...gotta say...I agree with Nad

*runs out again*
    Me too. *nods*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Me too. *nods*
      You forgot the running out part.

And done with work! Woohoo only 3 more days left at the office
      sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Night 1 of 4 was very busy, but do-able. I caught a cute little baby girl at 6:30 this morning. The tough part was that mom didn't speak of word of English, and I don't speak Russian, so it was frustrating to say the least. But, we managed as well as we could and baby came out SCREAMING. SO CUTE. I've never seen anything quite like it before. She was, quite literally, kicking and screaming like a 2-year-old in the thrall of a massive temper tantrum. There was a lot of laughter in the labor room over that.

Sanctuary:

I am doing a little dance after watching Awakening. Sanctuary is BACK. Wow. YAY. My Initial thoughts as posted in the Awakening thread:
        Spoiler:
        Loved this episode! Sanctuary is back, thank the gods.

And srsly? Gillian Horvath is now my favorite Sanctuary writer. She's awesome.

Loved the chemistry between Magnus & Tesla. So fabulous and super-fun. It really brought a huge smile to my face. I even loved the vampire queen. (Was it just me, or did she appear to be looking at Magnus as more than just a meal?) The entire A story was pitch perfect. B story was good too. I liked a bit of insight into Kate's past and her struggle to live up to what she perceives the Sanctuary's standards to be. Magnus has become something of a hero to her. I think it will be interesting to see what happens when she comes face-to-face with Magnus' dark side. Also, way to act like a grownup, finally, Will.

I'm not discounting that the vamps are not actually totally dead. #1 they are vampires, #2 it's sci-fi. But we'll see.

Again. Gillian Horvath? Love her eps. My new favorite Sanctuary writer. Damian's gotta dig himself out of the hole he jumped into with One Night.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        With regard to the Sanctuary discussion, I think it wood have been better to space out the Will-centric episodes but my major complaint is that One Night and Wingman did absolutely nothing to advance the character. If they are going to focus on one character then let's have some purpose behind it. Metamorphosis did that. The other two caused me to dislike the character more and I generally like Will.
        Will has been written as entirely too adolescent in the first 5 eps of S3.5. Dude is around my age, so given that plus his 'genius' as a forensic psychiatrist/psychologist (ep depending), just drove me bonkers. Plus, I don't particularly like Will, so this didn't endear him to me at all.

I'm guessing this had to do with the Network thinking some Will-centric eps might bring them a larger chunk of a younger audience? Can't figure it out. Especially because from what I've noticed, most of the young fangirl squee apears to revolve around Tesla.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        EH-T, that's pretty much the effect they had on me

In fact I think One Night

Spoiler:
        did Will a lot of damage, because he came across as ineffective IMO. Not only that, but I felt the whole ep was full of plot-holes and I was really surprised that Amanda didn't pick up on them
        Agree, 100%.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Lock Tesla and Druitt in a room and see if that's boring.
        Oh, YES. PLEASE!

Jann and MoB, good luck for your respective work marathons!
        Gracias. 1/4 done! We even had a break in the bad weather for a couple of hours after I got up this afternoon, so I was able to go for a run. AFTER watching Awakening.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
        *not clicking spoiler buttons for fear of Castle spoilers being mixed in with the Sanctuary spoilers*

I would love to join in the discussion about Awakening, but some spoilers aren't well marked and I haven't seen Castle yet and do not want to be spoiled!

But Awakening was brilliant! I felt like my Sanctuary was back!
        YES!

But, but, I was all about the Helen/John angst And now I'm so torn
        I've never been a multi-shipper before. Heh.
        I kinda ship Helen with a lot of people. Just none of the Sanctuary 'kids'. (Will, Kate, Henry) My fave Magnus ship is Helen/James at the mo. It's my favorite ship to write fic about. Though I am currently pairing her with an OFC. Hopefully it will be done by summer, lol.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*sneaks in*
          Alive. Kicking. Sort of.
          *hugs all*
          *sneaks back out*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            *sneaks in*
            Alive. Kicking. Sort of.
            *hugs all*
            *sneaks back out*
            LJ!!! *squishy huuuuuggggglllllleeeeeesssss* So miss you

MoB totally agree! Sanctuary is back on track with a vengeance! *bounces*

Didn't I say 20 eps was too much?

Forgot to say - Awakening

Spoiler:
            LOVED the sound effects when Tesla got up after his little fall! Totally expected him to say "Didn't hurt!"

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              *waves*

Sanctuary:

I am doing a little dance after watching Awakening. Sanctuary is BACK. Wow. YAY. My Initial thoughts as posted in the Awakening thread:
              Spoiler:
              Loved this episode! Sanctuary is back, thank the gods.

And srsly? Gillian Horvath is now my favorite Sanctuary writer. She's awesome.

Loved the chemistry between Magnus & Tesla. So fabulous and super-fun. It really brought a huge smile to my face. I even loved the vampire queen. (Was it just me, or did she appear to be looking at Magnus as more than just a meal?) The entire A story was pitch perfect. B story was good too. I liked a bit of insight into Kate's past and her struggle to live up to what she perceives the Sanctuary's standards to be. Magnus has become something of a hero to her. I think it will be interesting to see what happens when she comes face-to-face with Magnus' dark side. Also, way to act like a grownup, finally, Will.

I'm not discounting that the vamps are not actually totally dead. #1 they are vampires, #2 it's sci-fi. But we'll see.

Again. Gillian Horvath? Love her eps. My new favorite Sanctuary writer. Damian's gotta dig himself out of the hole he jumped into with One Night.

Will has been written as entirely too adolescent in the first 5 eps of S3.5. Dude is around my age, so given that plus his 'genius' as a forensic psychiatrist/psychologist (ep depending), just drove me bonkers. Plus, I don't particularly like Will, so this didn't endear him to me at all.

I'm guessing this had to do with the Network thinking some Will-centric eps might bring them a larger chunk of a younger audience? Can't figure it out. Especially because from what I've noticed, most of the young fangirl squee apears to revolve around Tesla.

Yes One Night was bad but we all have our bad days. Let's not forget that DK has written most of the best Sanctuary eps (such as Requiem). He also created all these fabulous characters and probably has a hand in every script.

I'm also going to defend Will a bit. I like the character of Will and am a fan of RD. I think Metamorphosis was a well done team episode and thought it showed Will in a good light. It is the two date night shows I have not liked. There are many reasons for that. Almost no Helen, way too much Abby and little or no of the rest of the Sanctuary team we love so much. I think the fact the Will centred eps happened in a group probably resulted in more criticism and if they had been spread out here and there we may not have seen as strong a reaction. As to why they were grouped or why they seem to be featuring Will lately, who knows? Certainly part of it was to give AT the ability to concentrate more on directing an ep. Maybe it is the generous nature of AT to want to promote her fellow cast. Part of it would be to give her a break because she can't be heavily featured in all 20 eps and still produce and direct and have a life. I don't think it would be a network decision. Maybe that is a question for someone to ask at the next con.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hello WooHoos!!!! It seems that I can't use GW at work, it doesn't load and no, there isn't any block from my boss (just cos he doesn't know what I do on that pc ), I can see every web sites but GW
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*iz lurking*

Sorry for being such a bad Woohoo. The play starts tonight and rehearsals have been in full swing for the past week. Absolutely cream crackered . Will be back with a vengeance next week though

*squishy huggles Woohoos, Spencers and TPTB*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    *iz lurking*

Sorry for being such a bad Woohoo. The play starts tonight and rehearsals have been in full swing for the past week. Absolutely cream crackered . Will be back with a vengeance next week though

Hope the play goes well

*waves to Sil*

Comment

Good luck, Sarai, for the play. Break legs and all

I finally watched the two episodes of Sanctuary.

Wingman
                      Spoiler:
                      YAWN

Awakening
                      Spoiler:
                      That's better!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        Good luck, Sarai, for the play. Break legs and all

I finally watched the two episodes of Sanctuary.

Wingman
                        Spoiler:
                        YAWN

Awakening
                        Spoiler:
                        That's better!
                        Very succinctly put Wendy

Comment

Very succinctly put Wendy
                          *bows*

Thank you.

Looking forward to more episodes. Hopefully not missing any and then having to catch up. That might sound weird but I like to watch it and then go, hmmm, and thinky about it.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *iz lurking*

What play? (iz out of the loop)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey Woohoos.

Rough, rough night last night. Two more to go, ow. I just have to keep breathing and telling myself that this too shall pass. It's pouring cats and dogs out there, but I'm dragging my butt to yoga class so that I don't melt down before work.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              1. Yes One Night was bad but we all have our bad days. Let's not forget that DK has written most of the best Sanctuary eps (such as Requiem). He also created all these fabulous characters and probably has a hand in every script.

2. I'm also going to defend Will a bit. I like the character of Will and am a fan of RD. I think Metamorphosis was a well done team episode and thought it showed Will in a good light. It is the two date night shows I have not liked. There are many reasons for that. Almost no Helen, way too much Abby and little or no of the rest of the Sanctuary team we love so much. I think the fact the Will centred eps happened in a group probably resulted in more criticism and if they had been spread out here and there we may not have seen as strong a reaction. As to why they were grouped or why they seem to be featuring Will lately, who knows? Certainly part of it was to give AT the ability to concentrate more on directing an ep. Maybe it is the generous nature of AT to want to promote her fellow cast. Part of it would be to give her a break because she can't be heavily featured in all 20 eps and still produce and direct and have a life. I don't think it would be a network decision. Maybe that is a question for someone to ask at the next con.
                              1. Yes, Damain has written the best Sanctuary eps, no question, as it's his baby. And I'm still a fan, I just was pretty surprised he would pen something like One Night for said baby. For me, even Amanda's directing couldn't save it because I was so distracted by the terrible story.

2. I recognize that lots of people like the character of Will. I just haven't for a while. I liked him initially, but then? Meh. I'm sure Robin is a lovely person, but the character does nothing for me. I think there's a lot of potential there, but I just can't buy Will as Magnus' sounding board.

Too many Will eps at once may have had something to do with it, but if we are going to have Will eps, I'd much rather learn something about the character than see him acting like a 16 year old on a date. Based on what we know about him, there's some pretty significant depth there, so why not explore that? Maybe more of us who don't like him will come to understand the character a little better and turn our feelings around.

I have to admit, I'm with Jumble, in that I think a 13 episode season is a better order for Sanctuary. As much as I loved the idea of them doing 'full' seasons, the story seems tighter when they do 13. BUT I am SO PSYCHED for these next few eps.
                              Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 18 May 2011, 11:26 AM. Reason: GW transposed 2 of my paragraphs, wtf?
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Forgot to say - Awakening

Spoiler:
                                LOVED the sound effects when Tesla got up after his little fall! Totally expected him to say "Didn't hurt!"
                                That would have been awesome!

Evening Woohoos and huggles for all

And especially huggles for LJ (we miss you!), Sarai (we miss you too! Good luck for the play!) and MoB (hope the remaining two nights are better!)

BTW is it just me, or have we not seen Bekki around for a while? Anyone heard from her? Hope all's OK!

Hey, one month today I fly out to the US! *bounces*
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X