No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you believe I get paid for doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      There are so many good things in this BTS pic from Sanctuary Awakening...
      *happy sigh*
      (No Martin, though )

From [URL="http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/05/16/sanctuary-awakening-season-3-episode-16/sanctuary-36/"]here
      Thanks!
      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Lee!!!!
      Er....... Martin's in this one (complete with trimmed beard ), but you have to look close....
      Look for the guy in shorts and odds are it's Martin.
      Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      *walks in*
      *huggles Woohoos*
      *huggles Joe for his snark*
      *huggles Wendy for not looking at spoilers*

I will send that to other people! It's just too funny!

Spoiler:
      That's why I think it wasn't that bad as clip-shows go.

I thought it was an okay ep, considering the ones we've been getting lately. I agree that Henry makes a difference in an episode like this one. ;P I was so sad that it was Erica leaving at the end. I was like "Why can't it be happy? I want Erica to stay!" Her and Henry were a better couple than Abby and Will...

I'm sure there are. And, on three seasons, it's the first time that I really disliked some episodes, so I think they're doing great. I mean, they can't please everyone. But the last five seem to be awesome so... !

Right.
      Look at us.
      All smart people.
      I agree with the spoilered stuff and with the bolded .
      Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Oh, what kind of event?

As for the Sanctuary talk
      Spoiler:
      The last three eps were horrible. I didn't care much about Will before but after those eps I really just can't stand the guy anymore. Metamorphosis only redeemed itself with all the pretty shots of Helen's face. (why yes I'm that shallow)

But Awakening
      Spoiler:
      brought back my faith in the show. Awesome ep.
      I am that shallow too! Lot's of pretty Helen.
      EH-T, that's pretty much the effect they had on me

In fact I think One Night

Spoiler:
      did Will a lot of damage, because he came across as ineffective IMO. Not only that, but I felt the whole ep was full of plot-holes and I was really surprised that Amanda didn't pick up on them

But you know what they say - you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time
      In re of the spoilers. I don't blame Amanda. I think she did the best with what she had which wasn't much. I don't think she could have saved that episode unless she rewrote the entire thing!

In re of last few episodes (not including Awakening of course!)
      Spoiler:
      In trying to push Will into the spotlight they have completely lost track of what his strengths are and I believe that we all agree "ladies man" isn't one of them. Will is at his best when he is 'figuring things out". Things that are related to his expertise which is why in One Night he came across as so infective.

That episode showcased his weaknesses instead of his strengths. Poor writing. When Will is acting as a psychologist or using his FBI skills to look at a crime scene etc.. or when he is keeping Magnus in check when she gets a little too full of herself, he is at his best.

the following has no relation to anything else posted...

I need a nap.
      sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all

So, Sanctuary discussion (while I'm waiting on iTunes to download Awakening... *bounces*)...

Spoiler:
        I thought Metamorphosis was OK, to be fair. I wasn't too impressed at the beginning but it sucked me in quite well by the end. It was also a far more interesting concept than either One Night or Wingman. The overall effect of the last three though have weakened my opinion of Will too, and am really hoping we get quite a few Will-lite episodes now to even things out!

Jann and MoB, good luck for your respective work marathons!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh and as for GW running weird. Yesterday it ran sooooo sloooow that it was driving me nuts. Today it is running normal!

However, I can't login the normal way because it won't encrypt my password, so it takes me extra time to login each time......what's up with that!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Interesting discussion about the last many episodes of Sanctuary.....and I tend to agree!

Spoiler:

So as far as the 2nd half of season 3 goes.....they started out well with "Pax Romona". Of course they had to do something to get them out of their "death" state! Next came "Hangover" which wasn't as interesting but still a good show. It gave the others a chance to shine which I liked. "One Night" was directed by Amanda. I liked her directing but the story line itself was on the weak side and detracted from the whole show. I tried watching it from a "director's point of view" which did help to make the time go better. And if AT reads this.....sorry, but I did like the way you directed, I just think you let the actors go a little over on this one. Something you will learn to control more as you direct more - and I so hope you continue down that road. You are really very good at it especially considering this is what, your 3rd show you've ever directed. And first time totally solo! Learn from your mistakes, improve on the good things, and you will be one of the best directors around. I see sooooo much potential in what you do!

Next was "Metamorphosis" and then "Wingman" which in a way seemed similar. I know the story lines were different, but they tend to blend into each other. I think they would have faired better if they had a total different story inbetween them. Metamorphosis had some great scenes between Biggie and Kate which I really like. And as for Wingman, I liked the flying mothman! And I do realize they need to
            have "less expensive" shows to stay within budget. I think if they weren't shown together there would have been less complaints.

And last was "The Awakening" which was a top notch show and right back on track. I just totally loved this show, glad the the powers are now returned to our Vampire!

Personally I enjoyed all the shows but for different reasons but if I had to pick the "SCRIPT" I liked the least probably the "date night for Will" and only because I found his new girlfriend to be just a little "too much" with became annoying. I mean she is a FBI agent but her reactions were that of a (not quite sure what words to pick, but I thought she went overboard) and the Will characters reactions were over acting to match her reactions. Like I said before, the best part of that episode was the directing.

However, all in all this show is so excellent that one or two lesser episodes won't hurt it. Just maybe be careful on the running order next time. And as far as the last episode, right up there with one of my favorite ones. So I am ready for the rest of the season!

So there was my opinion (wrapped in Spoilers) and I can't wait until next Monday again!
            What she said! ^^^
            Can you believe I get paid for doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTw5UrzrlDM

Aw! How sweet. Sometimes I miss daycare.
            sigpic

Comment

Jumble: Jessie is getting so more grown up....and she walks really well. So much fun to see how she is getting along. And I like the new little girl as well. I wonder, is she an only child! ????
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                Thanks!

Look for the guy in shorts and odds are it's Martin.
                In fact there are a lot of guys at Sanctuary that wear shorts - I identified Martin by his arms, and by the script tucked into his side pocket

In re of the spoilers. I don't blame Amanda. I think she did the best with what she had which wasn't much. I don't think she could have saved that episode unless she rewrote the entire thing!
                I mean no disrespect to Amanda, but I feel that they should all have seen the problems with the ep - and it woodn't be the first time a director rewrote a script

In re of last few episodes (not including Awakening of course!)
                Spoiler:
                In trying to push Will into the spotlight they have completely lost track of what his strengths are and I believe that we all agree "ladies man" isn't one of them. Will is at his best when he is 'figuring things out". Things that are related to his expertise which is why in One Night he came across as so infective.

That episode showcased his weaknesses instead of his strengths. Poor writing. When Will is acting as a psychologist or using his FBI skills to look at a crime scene etc.. or when he is keeping Magnus in check when she gets a little too full of herself, he is at his best.
                Will - One Night

Spoiler:
                It did indeed showcase his weaknesses, and the dipsy g/f made him look dumb, IMO I think the story was all wrong for him - if they had made him all macho and fight off the bad guys it woodn't have fitted his character - so it was a no win situation all round I think

the following has no relation to anything else posted...

I need a nap.
                You finally get in here and all you want to do is sleep???

Comment

Oh and as for GW running weird. Yesterday it ran sooooo sloooow that it was driving me nuts. Today it is running normal!

However, I can't login the normal way because it won't encrypt my password, so it takes me extra time to login each time......what's up with that!
                  Why do you log out? I stay logged in all the time so I don't have a problem

Jumble: Jessie is getting so more grown up....and she walks really well. So much fun to see how she is getting along. And I like the new little girl as well. I wonder, is she an only child! ????
                  Yep, little Jess is growing up fast! An only child? No, she has an older sister

Comment

In fact there are a lot of guys at Sanctuary that wear shorts - I identified Martin by his arms, and by the script tucked into his side pocket
                    So you know exactly what his arms look like do you?

I mean no disrespect to Amanda, but I feel that they should all have seen the problems with the ep - and it woodn't be the first time a director rewrote a script
                    I know. In fact, all persons involved should have seen the problems the moment they read the script. As for rewrites, there are directors who rewrite scripts on the fly but is it allowed in Canada? I know there have been cases in the US of writers suing directors for rewriting a bit too much of their "intellectual property".

Will - One Night

Spoiler:
                    It did indeed showcase his weaknesses, and the dipsy g/f made him look dumb, IMO I think the story was all wrong for him - if they had made him all macho and fight off the bad guys it woodn't have fitted his character - so it was a no win situation all round I think

You finally get in here and all you want to do is sleep???

I am not fond of the gf either. If that is the best that the FBI has then I feel sorry for them. I liked the invisible girl better. She and Will had chemistry. They were also better suited. He helped her (as a psychologist) to come to terms with her abnomal status and she helped him loosen up a bit. So of course they killed her off.

I'm not napping. I just said I needed a nap.
                    Char doesn't get home until 11:00 in the evening so we don't get to sleep until after 11:30 and then I have to be up at 6:00. I have to get used to the new sleeping routine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      So you know exactly what his arms look like do you?
                      Well yes, I did happen to study them closely notice them a little whilst watching his directing technique on the set tour

I know. In fact, all persons involved should have seen the problems the moment they read the script. As for rewrites, there are directors who rewrite scripts on the fly but is it allowed in Canada? I know there have been cases in the US of writers suing directors for rewriting a bit too much of their "intellectual property".
                      I somehow can't imagine Damian suing Amanda They all pretty much help with each other's jobs as far as I can see

I am not fond of the gf either. If that is the best that the FBI has then I feel sorry for them. I liked the invisible girl better. She and Will had chemistry. They were also better suited. He helped her (as a psychologist) to come to terms with her abnomal status and she helped him loosen up a bit. So of course they killed her off.
                      Agreed

I'm not napping. I just said I needed a nap.
                      Char doesn't get home until 11:00 in the evening so we don't get to sleep until after 11:30 and then I have to be up at 6:00. I have to get used to the new sleeping routine.
                      Ouch! Maybe you should take a nap when you get in from work

Comment

Now this thread will be interrupted for a second by...

*runs around nekkid*

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Thank you for your attention to this important message.

And I can't wait to see Sanctuary tonight!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Now this thread will be interrupted for a second by...

*runs around nekkid*

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Thank you for your attention to this important message.

And I can't wait to see Sanctuary tonight!
                          Is that just to make sure GW doesn't crash on us for all this serious chat?

I'll be watching Awakening in just over an hour *bounces*

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos!

I was taking a walk near my high school today and I ran into some of my old teachers on their lunch time. They had great memories of my time in high school, which wasn't really long ago, and it was so much fun talking with them. It made me happy!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Customer event for the company I work right now. Around 800/1000 customers will come. We already booked in 3 hotels It's gonna be a crazy two weeks with the last preparations going on.
                            Ohhh good luck!

Jumble - Olivia and Jessie are just adorable! ^^ It is so true that shoes are very enternaining for kids! I remember doing the same thing when I was young, and now seeing my cousin's children doing it as well!

Oh and I didn't have any problems with GW recently. :/
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                              Afternoon Woohoos!

I was taking a walk near my high school today and I ran into some of my old teachers on their lunch time. They had great memories of my time in high school, which wasn't really long ago, and it was so much fun talking with them. It made me happy!
                              Oh, I remember bumping into my old headmistress about ten years after I left shcool! Funny what a 'good girl' I'd suddenly been at school - that's not the way I remember it

Ohhh good luck!

Jumble - Olivia and Jessie are just adorable! ^^ It is so true that shoes are very enternaining for kids! I remember doing the same thing when I was young, and now seeing my cousin's children doing it as well!

Oh and I didn't have any problems with GW recently. :/
                              They are

I remember doing it too - with a pair of 5 inch stiletto's that made a lovely clicking sound as I walked along I'm surprised I didn't break my neck

Comment

I have the new Sanctuary ep to watch...but right now I just can't stop shaking...nothing wrong don't worry! I've just seen Castle s3 final! I can't wait until september for s4!!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X