X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightie night, Jumblie!!!
    sigpic

Comment

10) ''Someone has been (apparently) bashing my beloved JM on their LJ page. Rude! This got me to thinking...if he knows about someone bashing him, he must absolutely know of my *cough* deep respect for him. How mortifying!''
      *shifty eyes*

I've decided I'm rubbish at resumes. Can't I just email them and say, "The Woohoos say you should hire me! Now send them all your brocolli!" No? Oh...

*goes back to resume*
      sigpic

Comment

All alone on the thread except for some pirate skulls. Hey it is the 2nd, aren't they suppose to go away now?

Love the lollipop cakes. Be glad that everything is suppose to go back to normal. Too quiet tonight. Think I'll go to bed. I'd say goodnight, but there is no one here to talk too. Not even one guest!
        sigpic

Comment

Morning...can I complain a little please? (note: I can't write F.R.I.E.N.D. cos Gateworld changes it in M.A.T.E.Y.)

Last week I received a invite for a wedding. She was in my same class during High School and University too. I always thought that she was one of my dearest matey but I noticed how the things can change when school finishes. She (and other matey too) almost stop to call me and I think the fact that they're now engaged has just a small role in this behavior. Damn it, I remember that I received a message from another of my matey 2 years ago some days after my b-day: "Oh sorry I forgot your b-day, but I'll call you soon so we can talk a little"...yeah, sure, I'm still waiting!
          And do you know a thing? The reality is that, outside school, I've never felt completely comfortable with them. I know that they always considered me weird. In High school I knew that many of my classmates were polite with me just to have help with the study. hey, it's not my fault if I were the best student of the school, sorry if I'm intelligent!
          As conseguence I've difficulties to completely open myself.
          I intercepted a message from one of my work colleagues to the bride: "You won't put me in the same table with her (me), will you? Please, pretty please? I've to be with her 9 h every day, give me a rest!" Well...thank you!
          Really I've already have a fight with him some years ago when I spent some days off in Germany with him and other University buddies. He refused to wish me a happy New Year's day and the fact that he was drunk it's not a excuse IMO! I confronted him later and he apologied saying that I was with a g.i.r.l. who he couldn't stand in that moment and so he included me too in that...yeah, very mature indeed!
          My mum always complains that I spend alone too much time but an Italian expression says "meglio soli che male accompagnati" (better alone than badly accompanied).
          And do you know another thing? I feel so much better with mateys that I met before online and then in the real life (you and my Italian Philes mateys) because they like me for what I really am. OK...now I'm on the verge of tears, more for anger at myself than disappointment because I should have known better by now.
          Now I don't want to go to this wedding!!! And of course my mum can't understand the reason! I've already told to my colleague and the bride that I was planning to go away that day (it's 2 jun, holidays in Italy) to meet a matey in Rome. It was true but now my Philes buddies organized a w-e together in Bologna in the end of May so I doubt that I can afford Rome too. So I've to decide if going to the wedding and pretending to be happy or invent an excuse.

Sorryyyyyyyy for this long rant.
          *huggles eveyone*
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            *shifty eAye*

I've decided I'm rubbish at resumes. Can't I just email them and say, "The Woohoos say you should hire me! Now send them all your brocolli!" No? Oh...

*goes back to resume*
            But LJ, you're a writer! Try writing the resume as if it were about sombody else, that might work

Maybe we should send them the broccoli

*sending more MASSIVE GOOD LUCK VIBES*

Originally posted by llp View Post
            All alone on the thread except for some pirate skulls. Hey it is the 2nd, aren't they suppose to go away now?

Love the lollipop cakes. Be glad that everything is suppose to go back to normal. Too quiet tonight. Think I'll go to bed. I'd say goodnight, but there is no one here to talk too. Not even one guest!
            Aw, *squishy huggles Laurie* Time zones, huh?

On a brighter note, I just got this email from the Urban Dictionary editors...

Thanks for your definition of WooHoos!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to publish it on urbandictionary.com.

It should appear on this page in the next few days:
            http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WooHoos

Urban Dictionary

-----

WooHoos

A bunch of slightly insane Martin Wood fans, who bounce a lot, run around nekkid and smoke too much broccoli while spreading the peace and love.

The WooHoos use any excuse they can to party and celebrate the Awesomeness that is Martin Wood!!
            WooHoooood!!!!

Comment

Sil, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do or that will make you unhappy or uncomfortable. F.r.i.e.n.d.s. are people who care about you and want to be with you (like us ), and you really shouldn't waste your feelings or your tears on people who don't deserve you! If you really don't want to go to the wedding, be brave and politely decline the invitation

Several years ago I went to a school reunion and was really surprised to find that the group of f.r.i.e.n.d.s. that I'd spent my school years with had grown into people that I really didn't much like and had nothing in common with. It happens. We all grow and change in many ways as we mature and find ourselves looking for different qualities in people. Don't go beating yourself up for wanting better things for yourself, it's your right to choose who you spend your time with

And you don't need to apologize for ranting to us - it's one of the things that we're here for and what has helped to bond us so closely together

*massive squishy huggles*
              Last edited by Jumble; 02 April 2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Saw this on FB.........

Sanctuary
                Spotted in the Sanctuary production office by our keen eyed Writer spies: Director Amanda Tapping has adopted a mug emblazoned with "Well-Behaved w.o.m.e.n Seldom Make History" .... oh yeah!

Edit: Ok, joke over! Can we PLEASE stop with the piratey words???

Comment

THE HIPPY HIJACK!!!
                  Part Two

(Part one in spoilers for those that missed it)
                  Spoiler:

To be continued.........
                  Last edited by Jumble; 03 April 2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

It's been one of those weeks, so I'm drinking *gasp* coffee today. Fortunately, the composer I've been working with had to cancel our session today. I was kind of relieved because this has been a challenging week and I just want to veg. Our boss sent all of us an email about the changes TPTB are making in our practice, and yeah, it's a GOOD time to be getting out. Wow. There are going to be a lot of unhappy midwives!

I am going to run today. It's really cold out, but at least it's finally sunny. Gotta take advantage of that! It SNOWED yesterday. Mama Nature has a wicked sense of humor.

*big squishy huggles to LJ & Sil*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

On a brighter note, I just got this email from the Urban Dictionary editors...

WooHoooood!!!!
                    Heh! Woohood indeed.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Morning...can I complain a little please? (note: I can't write F.R.I.E.N.D. cos Gateworld changes it in M.A.T.E.Y.)

Last week I received a invite for a wedding. She was in my same class during High School and University too. I always thought that she was one of my dearest matey but I noticed how the things can change when school finishes. She (and other matey too) almost stop to call me and I think the fact that they're now engaged has just a small role in this behavior. Damn it, I remember that I received a message from another of my matey 2 years ago some days after my b-day: "Oh sorry I forgot your b-day, but I'll call you soon so we can talk a little"...yeah, sure, I'm still waiting!
                      And do you know a thing? The reality is that, outside school, I've never felt completely comfortable with them. I know that they always considered me weird. In High school I knew that many of my classmates were polite with me just to have help with the study. hey, it's not my fault if I were the best student of the school, sorry if I'm intelligent!
                      As conseguence I've difficulties to completely open myself.
                      I intercepted a message from one of my work colleagues to the bride: "You won't put me in the same table with her (me), will you? Please, pretty please? I've to be with her 9 h every day, give me a rest!" Well...thank you!
                      Really I've already have a fight with him some years ago when I spent some days off in Germany with him and other University buddies. He refused to wish me a happy New Year's day and the fact that he was drunk it's not a excuse IMO! I confronted him later and he apologied saying that I was with a g.i.r.l. who he couldn't stand in that moment and so he included me too in that...yeah, very mature indeed!
                      My mum always complains that I spend alone too much time but an Italian expression says "meglio soli che male accompagnati" (better alone than badly accompanied).
                      And do you know another thing? I feel so much better with mateys that I met before online and then in the real life (you and my Italian Philes mateys) because they like me for what I really am. OK...now I'm on the verge of tears, more for anger at myself than disappointment because I should have known better by now.
                      Now I don't want to go to this wedding!!! And of course my mum can't understand the reason! I've already told to my colleague and the bride that I was planning to go away that day (it's 2 jun, holidays in Italy) to meet a matey in Rome. It was true but now my Philes buddies organized a w-e together in Bologna in the end of May so I doubt that I can afford Rome too. So I've to decide if going to the wedding and pretending to be happy or invent an excuse.

Sorryyyyyyyy for this long rant.
                      *huggles eveyone*
                      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Sil, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do or that will make you unhappy or uncomfortable. F.r.i.e.n.d.s. are people who care about you and want to be with you (like us ), and you really shouldn't waste your feelings or your tears on people who don't deserve you! If you really don't want to go to the wedding, be brave and politely decline the invitation

Several years ago I went to a school reunion and was really surprised to find that the group of f.r.i.e.n.d.s. that I'd spent my school years with had grown into people that I really didn't much like and had nothing in common with. It happens. We all grow and change in many ways as we mature and find ourselves looking for different qualities in people. Don't go beating yourself up for wanting better things for yourself, it's your right to choose who you spend your time with

And you don't need to apologize for ranting to us - it's one of the things that we're here for and what has helped to bond us so closely together

*massive squishy huggles*
                      Sil, was going to give you some advice but then saw that Jumble had beat me too it and said it perfectly. Life is too short to waste time on people like that.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I have experienced a similar thing with a "friend" of mine that I've known for many, many years. And suddenly, she won't return my e-mails, won't return phone calls, won't even acknowledge that I've attempted to communicate with her. Yet I see her name listed on various projects around the area that she's interested in, so it isn't like she's sick or is unable to communicate.

It hurts a lot, and I haven't the slightest idea what got into her. I've tried as much as I'm going to and just have to let it go I guess. Though I really would like to know what prompted this behavior in her. I am totally and completely stumped as to any possible reason for this. I certainly didn't do anything to bring it on.

Comment

WooHooood!!! Got our avis back!

*huggles Hedwig*

Do you have a mutual friend that could possibly shed some light on this hurtful behaviour? It may be that something has been said to your friend, or she's misunderstood something you've said - crossed wires can often cause trouble. It might be worth trying to find out if you can. At least then you'll have an answer

Comment

*huggles Chemmy*
                            *huggles Hedwig too*
                            Friends can be awesome and a pain in the butt!

I must say for me, I've been lucky so far and me going abroad for so long is so far the "ultimate" test. I love the fact that my best friend and I still have a LOT of contact even though we almost haven't seen each other for a year and half(she went abroad first came back...saw each other for a month and then I left) but with some people it is(as I translate this saying from Dutch) out of sight out of mind...and after a while they don't even care/want to contact you anymore...
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I feel a little better now, it's just that sometimes I'm wondering if I'm such an awful person since people run away from me...

...and I watched the new Sanctuary ep 3x11
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Good morning all!

First things first: Sil - Why worry yourself over something that was years ago. These people are ones you knew from high school....that in itself says alot. I am not the person I was in high school and the people I knew from back then have gone in totally different directions then me. I don't dislike them, I just don't care about them! I have real friends now. Ones I have something in common with and enjoy being around and they seem to feel the same way.

You are also not the person you were as a teenager....remember we are talking about teenagers. Why bother. Just send them a note saying thank you for the invite but I have already made other plans for that date. No explanation needed. Why? For what reason do you want to bother telling strangers (and yes these people are now only strangers to you), so why explain anything. Don't be rude, just be polite but distant.

Life keeps moving on as do you. As time passes you shed old things that have no meaning to you anymore and invite in new things. The same with friends. The meaning of a friend is someone beyond old high school bonds. Friendship with someone must include common interests in each other, respect for each other, an understanding and concern for the emotional well being of each other.

The people you described are none of the above. They were part of a ritual called high school. If you really check, most people have little contact with "old high school" friends. It is because as an adult, you went off to college, or you trained for a job or got married. You expanded your interests and expanded your lifestyle. Do any of these people do things or think similar to you. Did you go off to University with any of them and retain them as friends.

I can count the number of people I knew when I was young on one hand. That is because we grew up together, our families were interconnected. Yet we grew apart after high school as well and only reconnected well after Uni and because my mother and their mother remained friends. We started to find common interest of family issues. We are not inseparable like we were a children, but they are part of my extended family. All other friends were found though work (somewhat) and mostly through common interests.

So Sil, I politely say "the hell with these people"! They have no meaning in your life anymore. Don't fret about them and don't concern yourself with them. You won't hang out with them and is it worth spending a miserable day around people you really don't know. I say NO!

Steps down from soapbox!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X