The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Bad enough they cancel the show, but to just leave everyone to find out like that? Unbelievable

It's disgusting.

Sounds like we're in for a lot more snow in the next few days - totally screwed my week-end

Mine too. Probably. Unless I want to be totally bonkers which, actually, isn't far from the truth.

Can't quite understand why people are panicking about Sanctuary

Well, ratings and cost aside, given the way they have just treated SGU I'm not so much panicking as slightly worried. SyFy don't seem to know their ar..ahem bum from their elbows. To paraphrase what APA said on Seahen's FB, SGU may not have had great live audience figures but if you have a tech savvy audience (which...durr...sci fi shows tend to) they're not going to be restricted to watching live, and will find ways to watch those shows in their own time in their own way. I believe the download and +7 figures for SGU were very strong so the audience, en masse, was probably equally as good as some of the early SG-1s. I think TV companies/networks etc. are very short sighted these days. If it's not an instant hit, then it gets canned. They aren't moving with the technology either. Look what happened to the music industry a few years ago? Because they failed to adapt to the growing needs of the tech savvy audience - and to provide a service for a gap in the market - they have ended up on their knees and almost a dead industry (unless you're a complete megastar of Madonna like proportions anyway). They are only just now starting to capitalise on the advances made and use them to their advantage but, sadly, this has proven far too late for far too many excellent musicians who, again, make a modest but decent profit for their labels but because they aren't megastars, end up getting dropped and struggling even more. Thus we, the buying public, are deprived on any real choice. We end up being force fed the same generic pop pap over and over which barely anyone likes of buys but which gets to the number one spot because you barely need to sell 10,000 copies to get there these days

Dear SyFY... and TV companies in general. Please don't make the same mistakes.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Reading the posts on this thread and around GW, it seems that whilst most people do not watch SGU, they lament the loss of it. The cynic in me wood point out the irony there.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Yeesh, I think that's very short sighted to blame those fans who preferred SG1/SGA for SGU's cancellation .

Bottomline - they are different shows with different target audiences and different characters. You can't force someone to like something just because it's in the same franchise. *sigh*

Exactly! I don't blame anyone for not watching it if they gave it a go, or knew from the start it wasn't for them. But I don't get the small minority who seem to want to fail. If I hear the "SGA was cancelled to make way for SGU" argument one more time I think I might scream!

Borrowing from Wendy since she did such a great job:

congratulations on 23,000 posts Jumble!!!

From me too!

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
    Random post

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/a...6481417933.jpg

Best santa hat ever I do think so
    Awesome!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    I'm very worried! I'm at work now but it keeps snowing very hard! I wonder if I'll be able to come back home this evening!
    I just walked Benjabubs home from school in a blizzard. It's lovely and sunny right now though but we had about an inch and a half in 15 minutes. Main roads are fine though; they always are around here.

And now I need to decide whether to risk the drive to Lincs tomorrow... or delay a day or two and potentially strand them there homeless if the weather doesn't improve. What to do, what to do.... and how the heck moves into a new house two days before Christmas day anyway!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      It's disgusting.

Mine too. Probably. Unless I want to be totally bonkers which, actually, isn't far from the truth.

Well, ratings and cost aside, given the way they have just treated SGU I'm not so much panicking as slightly worried. SyFy don't seem to know their ar..ahem bum from their elbows. To paraphrase what APA said on Seahen's FB, SGU may not have had great live audience figures but if you have a tech savvy audience (which...durr...sci fi shows tend to) they're not going to be restricted to watching live, and will find ways to watch those shows in their own time in their own way. I believe the download and +7 figures for SGU were very strong so the audience, en masse, was probably equally as good as some of the early SG-1s. I think TV companies/networks etc. are very short sighted these days. If it's not an instant hit, then it gets canned. They aren't moving with the technology either. Look what happened to the music industry a few years ago? Because they failed to adapt to the growing needs of the tech savvy audience - and to provide a service for a gap in the market - they have ended up on their knees and almost a dead industry (unless you're a complete megastar of Madonna like proportions anyway). They are only just now starting to capitalise on the advances made and use them to their advantage but, sadly, this has proven far too late for far too many excellent musicians who, again, make a modest but decent profit for their labels but because they aren't megastars, end up getting dropped and struggling even more. Thus we, the buying public, are deprived on any real choice. We end up being force fed the same generic pop pap over and over which barely anyone likes of buys but which gets to the number one spot because you barely need to sell 10,000 copies to get there these days

Dear SyFY... and TV companies in general. Please don't make the same mistakes.
      Amen!

Exactly! I don't blame anyone for not watching it if they gave it a go, or knew from the start it wasn't for them. But I don't get the small minority who seem to want to fail. If I hear the "SGA was cancelled to make way for SGU" argument one more time I think I might scream!
      You and all other reasonable people

Borrowing from Wendy since she did such a great job:

congratulations on 23,000 posts Jumble!!!

From me too!
      Thank you

I just walked Benjabubs home from school in a blizzard. It's lovely and sunny right now though but we had about an inch and a half in 15 minutes. Main roads are fine though; they always are around here.
      Sounds like the conditions I drove home in last night Farnham has no snow - but my little area still has about 3 inches.

And now I need to decide whether to risk the drive to Lincs tomorrow... or delay a day or two and potentially strand them there homeless if the weather doesn't improve. What to do, what to do.... and how the heck moves into a new house two days before Christmas day anyway!
      Um....... as it happens......... I moved into this one on 18th December Had no choice at the time

Personally, I woodn't risk it. Think about it - yours and Ben's safety set against the ability of two adults to find a way to get where they need to go? No contest in my book Plus, if you do go and the weather gets worse (which by all accounts it definitely will), then you and Ben will also be stranded

Comment

Personally, I woodn't risk it. Think about it - yours and Ben's safety set against the ability of two adults to find a way to get where they need to go? No contest in my book Plus, if you do go and the weather gets worse (which by all accounts it definitely will), then you and Ben will also be stranded
        Well on the one side, yes, it's going to get worse, but actually, where they are there's no warnings of adverse conditions and it seems to have missed the East up past the South anyway. It will be getting out of London area that will be problematic. Provided the M1 or A1 is clear then I'd be ok their end. It's all this end that I'll struggle for a change. I could probably avoid the M25 though; I'm not averse to the North Circ which would be clear enough as it's further in. Looking at the forecast, it actually would be better for me to travel up late tonight and back on Sunday morning as I will avoid all the bad driving conditions! On the other hand, roads will be well icy! I might give K a call later and see what the situation is there.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm just giggling about MAD - didn't hear (see) that before! Very fitting!

And... me likes winder... all these blizzards are making my heart siiiiiiinnnng <3

Though I do understand the difficulty its creating... me still loves it
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Well - GOOD MORNING WOOHOOS - hmmmm....seem to be talking to myself....so good morning to me!

Another good night sleep and my eyes are finally on the mend, although I still look like I belong in a horror movie, now as a minor character, not the lead monster! Maybe it will clear up completely before I head down to the Bay area next Thursday. MG - the holidays have crept up on me very quickly!

The sky is BLUE! today, not a cloud in the sky. I can see a couple of mountain tops (only) but what I see is totally white. Love it. And we are actually 9*F/5*C warmer than Vancouver. Very unusual which means that cold weather will be heading down our way tomorrow. So today, I will brave the sunshine (YEA!) and run a few errands before it gets cloudy and stormy again......more is heading our way but not for several hours. Will still have to wear the "dark glasses" to hide from the world some, but today, I'll actually need them!

Well, time for some breakfast and then get some movement. At least I've been sleeping alot recently!

Runs around in a circle yelling "S4 will happen!" - fully clothed of course.....except no shoes or socks.

See ya all later........
            sigpic

Comment

Good to hear you're on the mend Laurie

Made it back from Kent without too much snow
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

CONGRATULATIONS ON 23,000 JUMBLE!!!

Hope everyone who has snow is able to get wherever they need to go and can stay warm and safe! We had a mini-blizzard at lunchtime, but it's just left bits of ice all over the ground, not really snow, but looks like we might get more tomorrow. Cags, I'm with Jumble, I don't think you should risk driving up to Lincolnshire tomorrow. If I were you I'd stay home anyway.

As for the SGU cancellation via Twitter thing, I can't believe they announced it that way before telling all the people involved How rude, indeed *huggles SGU PTB and cast and crew*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                *runs in the thread*

Helloooooo Wooohooooooooooooos!

Now, I know I said I would be making the shoe post now, but first, I must dedicate this post entirely to Josi's 10 000th post Why? SHE MADE ME FANGIRL SQUEE! And not a ptb related squee, a Josi related squee! Yup - I totally fangirl you now! Why? Because you Gilbert and Sullivan'd the thread - and very well too! *squeees* I heart Gilbert and Sullivan...and I like that 'lot of views' rhymes with woohoos

Ahem...

so inconclusion, I heart Josiane and I wood like to kick gateworld for not letting me green her

(shoe post coming soon)
                I can't green you either, but I totally heart you too! And I love me a bit of G&S
                *squishy huggles Bekki*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Well on the one side, yes, it's going to get worse, but actually, where they are there's no warnings of adverse conditions and it seems to have missed the East up past the South anyway. It will be getting out of London area that will be problematic. Provided the M1 or A1 is clear then I'd be ok their end. It's all this end that I'll struggle for a change. I could probably avoid the M25 though; I'm not averse to the North Circ which would be clear enough as it's further in. Looking at the forecast, it actually would be better for me to travel up late tonight and back on Sunday morning as I will avoid all the bad driving conditions! On the other hand, roads will be well icy! I might give K a call later and see what the situation is there.
                  Well, whatever you decide please be very careful *hugs*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  I'm just giggling about MAD - didn't hear (see) that before! Very fitting!
                  I think it's generally accepted, on GW at least, that they are MAD

And... me likes winder... all these blizzards are making my heart siiiiiiinnnng <3

Though I do understand the difficulty its creating... me still loves it
                  I'll love it from next Wednesday when I'm done with work and can stay snuggled up indoors

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Well - GOOD MORNING WOOHOOS - hmmmm....seem to be talking to myself....so good morning to me!

Another good night sleep and my eyes are finally on the mend, although I still look like I belong in a horror movie, now as a minor character, not the lead monster! Maybe it will clear up completely before I head down to the Bay area next Thursday. MG - the holidays have crept up on me very quickly!

The sky is BLUE! today, not a cloud in the sky. I can see a couple of mountain tops (only) but what I see is totally white. Love it. And we are actually 9*F/5*C warmer than Vancouver. Very unusual which means that cold weather will be heading down our way tomorrow. So today, I will brave the sunshine (YEA!) and run a few errands before it gets cloudy and stormy again......more is heading our way but not for several hours. Will still have to wear the "dark glasses" to hide from the world some, but today, I'll actually need them!

Well, time for some breakfast and then get some movement. At least I've been sleeping alot recently!
                  Glad to hear you're finally getting better *hugs*

Runs around in a circle yelling "S4 will happen!" - fully clothed of course.....except no shoes or socks.

See ya all later........
                  Of course it will!

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                  Good to hear you're on the mend Laurie

Made it back from Kent without too much snow
                  Good Sounds like tomorrow and Sunday will see the heaviest downfall.

*waves to Josiane*

Comment

It took me more than 1 h! ! But now I'm a home!!!!!!!
                    And I got my S/J secret santa!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Welcome home!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeee! tomorrows secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

Edit: And I got my pressie as welllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah! who was you SS?
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Glad to hear you're home safe

Speaking of Sekrit Santa............. don't forget to pm me your Martinmas ones when they're done. I'm hoping to get them all delivered sometime next week

Comment

yeah! who was you SS?
                            I know who MINE was and I LOVE the vid you made me!!!
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

yeah! who was you SS?
                              (((((((((((((((Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool))))))))))))))))

Glad to hear you're home safe

Speaking of Sekrit Santa............. don't forget to pm me your Martinmas ones when they're done. I'm hoping to get them all delivered sometime next week
                              What????? When is this? What???? I'm not involved... If you need a backup tell me!!!!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              I know who MINE was and I LOVE the vid you made me!!!
                              And again...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Poooooooooool))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) hehehehe
                              sigpic

Comment

Dee, we WooHoos do our own Sekrit Santa and the pressies get handed out during Martinmas, which is........

Unfortunately, all the assignments were sent out some time ago, but please feel free to make some Martinmas artwork to post during the celebrations

Comment

Working...
                                X