No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeesh, I think that's very short sighted to blame those fans who preferred SG1/SGA for SGU's cancellation .

Bottomline - they are different shows with different target audiences and different characters. You can't force someone to like something just because it's in the same franchise. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Yeesh, I think that's very short sighted to blame those fans who preferred SG1/SGA for SGU's cancellation .

Bottomline - they are different shows with different target audiences and different characters. You can't force someone to like something just because it's in the same franchise. *sigh*
      Exactly. But I gave up discussing it because it seems that sometimes people just want to believe that *le sigh*
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

congratulations on 23,000 posts Jumble!!!
        Last edited by m_wendy_r; 17 December 2010, 02:10 AM. Reason: annoying GW removed all the capital letters. I'm only replacing the J on the name, omdays
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

People will believe what they wanna believe. Some just want to blame someone/something, maybe it makes things easier, who knows. When SGA was canceled, there were people blaming Amanda/Sanctuary. *shrugs* It doesn't have to make sense.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Absolutely! Positive thinking

Yes they're just waiting for Amanda to quit playing with the kangaroos and get her butt back to Vancouver

Seriously though, unless SyFy try to put too many restraints on Sanctuary, I can't see any reason why we woodn't get S4+. SyFy wood have to be crazy to let it go. Mind you, they have been known to do some daft things
          Yup, like saying: 'Does Helen have to be British?' Still, I hope for the best.
          sigpic

Comment

Random post

Spoiler:

Best santa hat ever I do think so

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I think it's so sad that they found out via twitter. I mean, I found out via twitter, but it's not my job, is it? These people lost their jobs on a social networking site - dear 21st Century, we're still human beings! Booooo.
              Tbh, I'm more upset about that than I am that it's been cancelled

On SGU fans. Some of them are blaming SG fans who didn't watch (and loudly said it was rubbish) for the cancelation of the show. And that because of this, MGM won't release any of the movies. I disagree. Those fans weren't in the maority and MGM aren't related to Syfy, and I would think that "market research" ( ) would show whether or not it would be a good move to make the movies. Reason I'm babbling here? I was talking to an SGU fan last night who was blaming fans who hated SGU and preferred SG1, and I had to stop talking to her out of fear it would blow up into an argument. Yikes.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

What she said ^^

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              congratulations on 23,000 posts Jumble!!!
              Thank you

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              People will believe what they wanna believe. Some just want to blame someone/something, maybe it makes things easier, who knows. When SGA was canceled, there were people blaming Amanda/Sanctuary. *shrugs* It doesn't have to make sense.
              Sad, very sad

Yup, like saying: 'Does Helen have to be British?' Still, I hope for the best.
              Seriously? Good grief! If she hadn't been British it wood have changed the whole storyline, they'd have had to rewrite the whole show

Comment

People will believe what they wanna believe. Some just want to blame someone/something, maybe it makes things easier, who knows. When SGA was canceled, there were people blaming Amanda/Sanctuary. *shrugs* It doesn't have to make sense
                True. Still makes me *le sigh* .

Comment

Congratulations on 23,000 Jumble
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I'm very worried! I'm at work now but it keeps snowing very hard! I wonder if I'll be able to come back home this evening!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Popping in before work and then boobie squeeze but had to say:

Congrats on 23,000 Jumble!!
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Seriously? Good grief! If she hadn't been British it wood have changed the whole storyline, they'd have had to rewrite the whole show
                        Honestly, I'm just grateful they didn't say 'does Helen have to be a woman'? Cause you know... For a sci-fi show to be successful the lead has to be a young strong all-American boy that will kill bad guys, save the world, brake lady's hearts, but still be the sensitive guy you wanna take home to meet the folks. (It's like a guideline that 95% of the sci-fi shows follow )
                        Which is why suits should not be allowed to stick their noses in the creative decisions.

End of Sanctuary S3 casting
                        Spoiler:
                        There will be wrestlers from 'Smackdown' in the season finale. Gee, I wonder who's idea that was?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          I'm very worried! I'm at work now but it keeps snowing very hard! I wonder if I'll be able to come back home this evening!
                          *hugs* Hope things clear up soon. If not we'll get Thor to beam you back home.
                          sigpic

Comment

*happy dances in* I've got my laptop back and it's all shiny and very very fast!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Congratulations on 23,000 Jumble
                            Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            Popping in before work and then boobie squeeze but had to say:

Congrats on 23,000 Jumble!!
                            Thank you

Good luck with the boobie squeeze MoB, just remember to breeeeeeeaaaath!

Honestly, I'm just grateful they didn't say 'does Helen have to be a woman'? Cause you know... For a sci-fi show to be successful the lead has to be a young strong all-American boy that will kill bad guys, save the world, brake lady's hearts, but still be the sensitive guy you wanna take home to meet the folks. (It's like a guideline that 95% of the sci-fi shows follow )
                            Which is why suits should not be allowed to stick their noses in the creative decisions.
                            I sometimes wonder if they have any clue about what people really want to watch

Spoiler:
                            There will be wrestlers from 'Smackdown' in the season finale. Gee, I wonder who's idea that was?

Spoiler:
                            I'm not so sure. Maybe MAD thought it wood be cool to include them since it's their lead-in show. A tongue-in-cheek nod?

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            *hugs XFC* Hope you make it home safely.

Oh, niiiiice hat +1

Comment

I sometimes wonder if they have any clue about what people really want to watch
                              Probably not.

Spoiler:
                              I'm not so sure. Maybe MAD thought it wood be cool to include them since it's their lead-in show. A tongue-in-cheek nod?
                              Spoiler:
                              I though about it, but it just doesn't look like it to me. Sanctuary tends to be more subtle, like the nod to Twilight and the role CH had in it, or life on other planets, or the mention of that Canadian hockey player. They slip things in, don't hammer them in the show.
                              I find it more likely that it's SyFy's way to get people who watch Smackdown, to stay tuned, and it's all nice, but IMO Sanctuary is strong enough to stand on it's own two feet without needing to resort to crossover.

Still I'll reserve judgement on how it's handled till I see it. I trust the MAD team to make the most out of any situation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Probably not.

Spoiler:
                                I though about it, but it just doesn't look like it to me. Sanctuary tends to be more subtle, like the nod to Twilight and the role CH had in it, or life on other planets, or the mention of that Canadian hockey player. They slip things in, don't hammer them in the show.
                                I find it more likely that it's SyFy's way to get people who watch Smackdown, to stay tuned, and it's all nice, but IMO Sanctuary is strong enough to stand on it's own two feet without needing to resort to crossover.

Still I'll reserve judgement on how it's handled till I see it. I trust the MAD team to make the most out of any situation.
                                Sanctuary S3 finale

Spoiler:
                                Like you say, can't really judge until we see it. I trust them too

Comment

Working...
                                X